Are we over the Garcia hype yet?

How can you judge a QB in a Gattis/Mario offense?

Just like judging guys in the D’O/Golden D.
I think they both deserve blame. Garcia isn’t as bad as he’s showing but he’s not a future all American either.

Advertisement
Hard to evaluate when you are being forced to make throws in a phone booth.

Maybe there's a reason USC said no thanks :k9yunip:
You’re all the same people that thought TVD was a jag after one game last year. I have no idea if Jake Garcia’s gonna be good or not - but I definitely know that I have no ******* idea after one start in this godforsaken Offense with the worst offensive line in memory and anyone who thinks that they know is delusional

Advertisement
Just curious, where are all the posters who were calling for him, for a couple years now?

You know, those who always love the backup QB and "nail" that 14 seed in the NCAA tourney because they know more than anyone else?
They are trying to iron theor TVD jersey or find a jacurri brown one to buy

Garcia didn’t play well, however, Gattis did him no service. It was a pathetic calling of plays all day. Worse than Patrick Nix days!!

Season 9 Ok GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Advertisement
Not a good outing today but he played tough. Got hit quite a few times really hard and showed toughness on that and running the ball imo

We all know he’s a really talented kid he just need more experience
Agree. Also, it was his first start behind one of the worst OL’s in P5 football, running a scheme developed by a terrible OC.

Give him a chance.

Does not look the part, but he is better than he has shown. He is not as good as TVD, who is an NFL QB. Hope TVD comes back.

Advertisement
Maybe we shouldn’t evaluate potential based on how they perform against our own defense lol.

Kid led us to victory and didn't give the game away. That is progress. No boneheaded throws.
Well...they didn't let him throw the ball on 3rd down from the 7 at the end of regulation in a 3 point game. How often do you see that?
In addition the offense was called EXTEMELY close to the vest in OT, literally not allowing Garcia to lose the game by running the ball again and again in what was typically passing situations.
So I guess Garcia led us to victory in the sense that he played qb for the winning team today.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back