Are we over the Garcia hype yet?

Jake Garcia looks to me like a redshirt freshman who started his first college game yesterday.
And with a poor scheme on offense. He looks like some of us expected him to look.
TVD spoiled us last year into thinking redshirt freshman just step in and start throwing darts.
And it’s revisionist history at that. TVD definitely DIDNT come in and start throwing darts. He lost his first 2 starts because in game 1 he played just like Jake yesterday and game 2 he threw 1 TD and 3 INTS, the last of which on the last drive of the game.

I love TVD but we can’t only remember the good. It took him time to get it going, let’s give Jake the same chance.

Advertisement
Let’s not forget Garcia came in the same games and looked better than tvd did in multiple games this year already but i see people forgetting that though for some reason . Garcia just needs experience, he will be fine
What were those multiple games ? MTSU? When we were already blown out ? MTSU was just sitting back in coverage , then we finally spread it out passing ?

I'm sorry and I know there are plenty of Garcia fans here but for me he is not the answer. Next year it will be between Harris and Rashada. Garcia is very slow to process the plays, holds the ball way too long, makes bad decisions, has mediocre arm strength, and is the turnover king like the Rooster. I would be giving more playing time to Jaccuri Harris because he has all the physical tools to excel on the field while Jake does not. I am not impressed at all with Jake. The play for the TD was a very selfish act we are incredibly lucky he scored by inches.

Advertisement
I don't think he is a total disaster and with some work and clean up could be serviceable at least. Not sure if it is arm strength or hesitation but definitely needs more zip on deeper throws and maybe less on shorter throws. Since it appears he doesn't look off defenders needs a quick one read offensive set to thrive in. Has to work on his footwork and quickness. I get some Kaaya vibes there. He is a youngster, upbeat high energy kid. To be expected the highs might be really high and the lows really low. Getting a JT Daniels type career vibe though.

Advertisement
TVD looked like he forgot how to play football until UNC. Garcia may not be good but this offense is not going to tell you anything about how good someone is.

It's a talent vampire.

Advertisement
Back