Are we a top 10 team entering into the season?

Advertisement
Almost irrelevant what our preseason rank is, since it’s bound to be somewhere around 9-14 anyway.

Only thing that matters is beating LSU.

If we do that, we are practically guaranteed a top 5 - 6 ranking going into the FSU home game in October, assuming no unexpected loss since we’ll be favored for all games between LSU and FSU

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who’s your man?
busted.gif

Advertisement
another fan who has their head in the sand. Wisconsin has a **** good program. Don't let the location fool you.

No, see you said they had better players and more of them, now you change the narrative to talk about the quality of the program. One has nothing to do with the other. I never said they weren't the better team that day, I just know they don't/didn't have better players than Miami.

Advertisement
Yes . **** we were a top 10 last season. Not on the level of the top 5 teams like Clemson , Wisconsin , Bama , UGA but as good as anyone else really. IMO we should around 5-8 .

9 sounds about right, keys will be if Malek can avoid bad plays and become reasonably accurate.
Oline must control LOS,which will make his life easier with Homer, DJ and Lingard making LB 's play straight up
against us in run game as well
A.Richards being fully healthy will be huge as well as experienced WR's and new TE's as well as talented FR WR group
think we'll be as good as last year on D D line will be great as Willis looks at last chance for nfl$$ and LB's look great Shaq & Pickney 3rd backer will be interesting to watch.....
and D backfield looks as strong as it has been in along time....
LSU and trip to Blacksburg are major roadblocks
GA.Tech is a pain but FSU at home helps...cannot let them get off the mat....

Negative, I truly believe we are more talented than them. They are a team that executes and has players that fit what they do. If we would have executed and had some calls go differently game would have been lopsided. But i will say we are in the same tier.

You're both correct. We had players with higher upside, but they had a better roster in terms of depth and maturity up and down the board.

I'd love to see them again in 2018 -- provided our OL gets its &hit together.

Advertisement
Back