Are we a top 10 team entering into the season?

WndyCityCane

Recruit
I just saw usatoday.com their Top 10 Teams entering into 2018. Miami is #9. Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, OSU, Washington, Wisconsin, Penn St., Oklahoma are in there too.

Do you think this is about right?

go CANES!

Advertisement
Everyone knows preseason rankings aren't important but they make for fun off season talking points and internet forum fodder. Without doing a lot of solid research, I'd put Miami anywhere between 8-15. If USA Today wants to put them at 9, I'm cool with that.

Everyone knows preseason rankings aren't important but they make for fun off season talking points and internet forum fodder. Without doing a lot of solid research, I'd put Miami anywhere between 8-15. If USA Today wants to put them at 9, I'm cool with that.
Yea i think we are probably top 10 talent wise but overall not sure. Id say the only teams we faced that were more talented than us last year was Clemson and FSU however FSU curls up when they get punched. If we expand our play calling, execute, and handle our business. I think we finish borderline playoffs 4-8 range. If we had kept Mac and Norton we would be serious contenders at the moment.

Advertisement
Yea i think we are probably top 10 talent wise but overall not sure. Id say the only teams we faced that were more talented than us last year was Clemson and FSU however FSU curls up when they get punched. If we expand our play calling, execute, and handle our business. I think we finish borderline playoffs 4-8 range. If we had kept Mac and Norton we would be serious contenders at the moment.

You better throw Wisconsin in there too. Talent is good football players, not guys who are better athletes. Wisconsin had/has better football players in greater numbers.

You better throw Wisconsin in there too. Talent is good football players, not guys who are better athletes. Wisconsin had/has better football players in greater numbers.
Negative, I truly believe we are more talented than them. They are a team that executes and has players that fit what they do. If we would have executed and had some calls go differently game would have been lopsided. But i will say we are in the same tier.

Advertisement
I just saw usatoday.com their Top 10 Teams entering into 2018. Miami is #9. Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, OSU, Washington, Wisconsin, Penn St., Oklahoma are in there too.

Do you think this is about right?

go CANES!
The entire Pac 12 was awful last year so I would say Washington is a no. Penn State minus Barkley is a no! And OU minus Mayfield with that pathetic defense is a **** no! All of the other teams seem like Top 10 and the Canes fit right in there!

Advertisement
I think we are, the defense will be as good and the offense will be better IMO.
The offense is on par or better at every position compared to last year, except TE, which is an unknown.

Are you talking about before or after the Canes lost their #1 WR, #1 RB, and #1 TE?

Stop saying this shid man. Its really cheesy and makes us look weak af.

Next man up. The only guy who really impacted us the most with his loss was Herndon and that's mainly because of his blocking.

Next man up. The only guy who really impacted us the most with his loss was Herndon and that's mainly because of his blocking.
Beg to differ, the offense really missed ahmmon last year period. Was never healthy. Homer was very productive in the loss of Walton but still those are big losses

Advertisement

Not taking anything away from Wisconsin, but you have to admit they had one WR to really worry about and no TE.

Beg to differ, the offense really missed ahmmon last year period. Was never healthy. Homer was very productive in the loss of Walton but still those are big losses

You cant make the argument that Rosier is inaccurate then say that we are impacted with the loss of a RB and WR.

Even when Richards played, he was either dropping balls or Rosier was missing him completely. Rosiers inabilities also brought us a loaded box to stop the run. So that Negates Waltons impact as well.

Herndons blocking was the biggest loss on the season. Period

Advertisement
Back