Off-Topic Archeological Finds

Advertisement
You just know the guy that did that called his girl over to show it off hoping it would lead somewhere.
@SpikeUM @Rickd ....THIS is my Paleo case. All points are personal finds, aside from 4 of them. All are from 10,000-14,000yrs old, and all from Fl. Case is probably worth in excess of $75,000, but they're not for sale.
FB_IMG_1688910094337.jpg

Found in Sugar White sand, approximately 2ft deep. (Where that color begins) I came screaming out of the hole...Lol...

OK, so I have to ask you a weird question...do you use gloves when you are digging, and if not, do you end up cutting yourself on some of this stuff?

Or are you doing it paleontologist style, with brushes and gentle movement of sand?

Advertisement
OK, so I have to ask you a weird question...do you use gloves when you are digging, and if not, do you end up cutting yourself on some of this stuff?

Or are you doing it paleontologist style, with brushes and gentle movement of sand?
I use gloves...I use a round shovel that's modified (shortened) and I use a ******* file to sharpen the shovel slightly. 1st 1ft deep is Historical stuff (500yrs) once you hit the White/Beige sand (about 2-2.5ft deep) we're talking 2,000yrs and older....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
@JD08 is somewhere in Palm Beach or Martin county. What do you think you’d find digging at his place given the description he provided???
I'm also near an old, old railroad siding that's long gone, a mile or so from a property that used to be Al Capone's tomato farm, and two miles from the site of the Battle of the Loxahatchee.

Advertisement
Back