Arch Manning to Texas

MJ would average 50 easy. These jits these days can’t average 30 in this offensive minded league. MJ did it when the defense was rough! Can u imagine now! Oh Lawwwwwwwwd

Not only was the defense tougher, guys could camp in the lane, & he had went against some of the all time greatest C’s in NBA history, where playing Center meant u guarded the paint, w/ an enforcer at PF to help.

Todays NBA w/ Euro rules, and no big men?? Blood would easily avg. 45-50 ppg & it’s not even up for debate.

Marino would avg. 5-6k yards/yr thrown & can’t no body tell me different.

Advertisement
I've never seen him play. But I've heard his arm is very basic. He's gonna have to hit that weight room hard.
Arm strength just isn’t nearly as important as people like to think it is. If he’s got the brains/understanding that his uncles+grandpa had, he will be good.

I also don’t think it’s possible for a Texas QB to have a worse arm than Colt McCoy, yet he played in the NFL for 11yrs…

So I agree it’s 100% a bet on the mental aspect being the elite aspect in his game.

Not only was the defense tougher, guys could camp in the lane, & he had went against some of the all time greatest C’s in NBA history, where playing Center meant u guarded the paint, w/ an enforcer at PF to help.
img_1_1658662191716.jpg

Todays NBA w/ Euro rules, and no big men?? Blood would easily avg. 45-50 ppg & it’s not even up for debate.

img_1_1660469092188.jpg

I have no dog in this fight. Mahomes is a human highlight reel. Marino was surgical. I think Marino would carve up this NFL. You could assault receivers when Marino played. It was like the Last Boy Scout out there.

Attachments

• 337726FA-F2E8-4407-AEB8-947C6F00824C.jpeg
    337726FA-F2E8-4407-AEB8-947C6F00824C.jpeg
    21.1 KB · Views: 6
Advertisement
Well I give up. I was gonna put up a gif for JaMarcus Russell & Ryan leaf & shebow but two of the 3 we're so irrelevant and sucked at this level that there doesn't seem to be a single gif in the system... My bad smdh. Apparently you don't know how to process what you see either.
Lmao

Keepin’ it honest MJ also missed **** near 2 full seasons in his prime. Playing a full 82 once is impressive, but 9 times with his style of play and the way the game was back then is absurd. I ain’t crazy about Mike as a person, he’s trash, but he’s without question the best to ever play and this is coming from a LeBron guy from Ohio.

One dude here just can't help himself and hopped in Bill & Ted's phone booth to take us back in time. I knew, just knew when Vinny T was brought up he'd make an appearance.

Arch will be fine, but he'll likely wait to play. Ewers will start before he does.

Keepin’ it honest MJ also missed **** near 2 full seasons in his prime. Playing a full 82 once is impressive, but 9 times with his style of play and the way the game was back then is absurd. I ain’t crazy about Mike as a person, he’s trash, but he’s without question the best to ever play and this is coming from a LeBron guy from Ohio.
Says Mike is trash as a person but is a Lebron fan… that’s funny to me.

Advertisement
Arm strength just isn’t nearly as important as people like to think it is. If he’s got the brains/understanding that his uncles+grandpa had, he will be good.

I also don’t think it’s possible for a Texas QB to have a worse arm than Colt McCoy, yet he played in the NFL for 11yrs…

So I agree it’s 100% a bet on the mental aspect being the elite aspect in his game.
I know what you are saying. But, he’s being ranked as essentially the #1 recruit ever. That is more than just being good.

I think he has a chance to be good. But, the current rankings are way beyond that and unrealistic based on the skill set.

this is a stylistic change. modern bigs are way more skilled than ever before and you see some of the old style bigs in todays game get run off the floor fairly easily (cough cough Rudy). also, guys are just so athletic now. I mean look at Bam who guards 1-5 and you wouldn't see that back in the day and is also handling the ball up the floor and initiating action from the top. there are a handful of bigs that could last in todays game imo but the D was def tougher on the perimeter. Jordan would get hacked and still get his and destroy the league. he'd still crush it today esp w the way its called now on the perimeter.

Says Mike is trash as a person but is a Lebron fan… that’s funny to me.
mike wasn't the greatest person (hes also pretty bad to his kids) and it would be worse if social media was around then. idk if Hebron is or isnt but he def knows how to hide it or keep it off social. the guys today for the most part know how to keep some of their stuff hidden. when Lebron was here, you'd always hear stories from dudes who worked in the hospitality industry but it obviously never made it public. wades **** up came out when he had the random kid

this is a stylistic change. modern bigs are way more skilled than ever before and you see some of the old style bigs in todays game get run off the floor fairly easily (cough cough Rudy). also, guys are just so athletic now. I mean look at Bam who guards 1-5 and you wouldn't see that back in the day and is also handling the ball up the floor and initiating action from the top. there are a handful of bigs that could last in todays game imo but the D was def tougher on the perimeter. Jordan would get hacked and still get his and destroy the league. he'd still crush it today esp w the way its called now on the perimeter.

I agree the game has more skilled guys today, w/ several able to play 1-5, however the mentality has changed, too. Besides Giannis, who displays an old school mentality, most of these guys r soft af. So u bring a MJ mentality w/ his skills in today’s era, & it’s BBQ Chicken w/ a side of Potato Salad. And u can barely touch guys today??! If James Harden & Jimmy Buckets get to the line, what u think MJ do? Lol. He would legit avg. 12 FTs/game, alone.

Advertisement
I agree the game has more skilled guys today, w/ several able to play 1-5, however the mentality has changed, too. Besides Giannis, who displays an old school mentality, most of these guys r soft af. So u bring a MJ mentality w/ his skills in today’s era, & it’s BBQ Chicken w/ a side of Potato Salad. And u can barely touch guys today??! If James Harden & Jimmy Buckets get to the line, what u think MJ do? Lol. He would legit avg. 12 FTs/game, alone.
I agree that MJ would run it today. I said that. I just disagreed w the bigs part. ive also seen a ton of soft dudes back then too. for every Oakley, there was a ben Simmons lol. jimmy also has an old school type game too since he gets most of his points driving and operating in the mid range. Giannis is a freak but I do think he relies more on his athleticism bc of his shaky perimeter game. hes still a freak. I also hate MJ so **** him for ruining my heats shot in the 90s.

Advertisement

I'm not going to get into the Jordan debate, he was amazing.

Still, if you're talking about only barely being able to touch guys today, how many fouls would he rack up himself? Guy got the no call more than any three players combined in history.

It was interesting how back then the stars on the road or at home got away with murder. Jordan being the biggest star of them all, got away with more. I quit watching the game about that time. Hopefully they call it better now.

But no way, at this stage is he the #1 OVERRALL player bro! Lol. They got this **** w/ a **** near perfect score. How, Sway?! U know if bruh’s last name was Snitchelheisen (lol), he wouldn’t be no 5 star QB, from last name pronunciation alone. Lol

All I know is I would’ve given my left nut to play against the team like that. I would’ve actually gotten in a lot, and probably played most of the game. Oh what could’ve been 😞

Y’all might laugh at this but Playoff Eli was a MF! Peyton choked a lot in the Playoffs! When Eli hit the Playoffs it was closed curtains. Especially with that D-Line he had
Thats why i laugh when they said GREAT teams on the gIANTS. tHEY WERE ALWAYS AT THE END OF NBARELY MAKING THE PLAYOFFS WHEN THE WON SUPERBOWLS AND pLAYOFF eLI ALWAYS BECAME A THING.

The crazy thing is...dudes would stone cold want bums like Tony Romo to be hall of fmers.

* Im not a giant fan....Im a Dolphins fan before yall come in.

Advertisement
Back