Arch Manning to Texas

Advertisement
100%

I still think had Vinny gone to a quality franchise instead of the Bucs and Ray “GM-HC-OC-QB coach” Perkins he would have had an even better career. He was missing some intangible that HOF/SB franchise QBs like Elway, Marino, or Kelly all have, but we’d be lucky to have another Canes QB with 80% of Vinny’s gifts.

Does he keep involved with the program? I remember he was part of HC ‘search’ committee (with Vilma) when Richt was hired. I worked with Vinny’s wife’s sister around that time, and she said the Vinny and his family went to a lot of games when VT JR walked on. Otherwise I haven’t seen pictures of him around, like you see others. Especially now, with Mario bringing everyone around.
He was probably busy in NFL prep...he only retired a year or two ago. :)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
True story. A friend, former Penn State LB, is now a real estate developer. He was in NYC meeting with some bankers and as he returned to his hotel saw a sign that said “SEC Athletic Directors Annual Meeting Dinner”. A former teammate was the assistant AD for Vandy so he walked in to see if the guy was there. After looking for a moment an attractive older lady in a business suit walked over to him and asked if she could help. He told her who he was looking for and she told him the guy was not in attendance. But, any friend of his was certainly welcome to eat dinner there. He realized he hadn’t eaten all day and thanked her. After getting stuff from the buffet, the lady waived him over to her table where she introduced him to her husband-Arch. She said their boys were coming soon and he was welcome at their table. He sat down gobsmacked as two younger men approached and Arch introduced him to Payton and Eli. They grabbed some food talked about Joe Paterno. Then one of Eli”s teammates walked up and he announced they were meeting some others at a jazz club nearby. He invited my friend. He declined saying he had an early flight. But as he started to leave Mrs. Manning called one of the servers over and asked him to take some pictures of the group, my friend included. She sent them to him later. I have seen them and it is hard to call bull-ship when there are photos. Nice people.

Advertisement
Back