Arch Manning to Texas

I agree that MJ would run it today. I said that. I just disagreed w the bigs part. ive also seen a ton of soft dudes back then too. for every Oakley, there was a ben Simmons lol. jimmy also has an old school type game too since he gets most of his points driving and operating in the mid range. Giannis is a freak but I do think he relies more on his athleticism bc of his shaky perimeter game. hes still a freak. I also hate MJ so **** him for ruining my heats shot in the 90s.

Ahhhh, now the truth comes out. Lol.

The guy did a lot a damage to the Atlantic division. As a Bulls fan, I approve this msg. Lol

Advertisement
MJ is my goat too. Agree with R.R.’s message of him dominating this era. I don’t think he’d average 50 but his assists would easily go up. I’d expect 35/8/8 to 40/10/10 averages yearly. He’d play less mpg in this era.

RE the NBA’s euro rules

I needed to post if any of you turn on the FIBA Qualfiers/Euro Basket that is going on right now, their rules/refs/game flow is miles ahead of the NBA. All basketball fans, especially those who hate the NBA regular season, should tune in.

Last edited:
I know what you are saying. But, he’s being ranked as essentially the #1 recruit ever. That is more than just being good.

I think he has a chance to be good. But, the current rankings are way beyond that and unrealistic based on the skill set.
I’m not arguing for him being #1 or anything. I’m just saying imo the chances of him actually hitting and being a high draft pick the NFL are better than most QBs this class - because of the mental pedigree he will have.
QBs have a very low hit rate, and being at the top mentally is a big separator

Says Mike is trash as a person but is a Lebron fan… that’s funny to me.
I'll tell you a funny story about Mike. It shows what kind of individual he was but it also shows his level of commitment. So back in the days used to be a spot called sugar shack on Thursday nights on the beach. **** was always slammed. One time the heat had the bulls earlier in the night. In walks some of the bulls. Jordan,pippen,rodman,randy brown & a few others I can't remember off the top of my head. They're all walking around tryin to pick up *******(this was before tables were such an emphasis) but not Jordan. I was sitting at the bar with a couple of us in the VIP and I look the bar up and down and Jordan was sitting in the corner of the bar with a hat on and was completely alone. He had a Heineken sitting on the bar & ANYTIME HE WOULD TAKE A SIP HE WOULD FACE THE CORNER OF THE BAR AND THE WALL(like he was a dunce the teacher had stare at the wall). He'd take his sip ****ed down into the corner of the bar. Than put the bear back down while he was still looking at the wall & ONLY then would he turn back around and look out at the club... I don't know if everyone understands what I'm saying here. But the level of commitment necessary to do that whenever in public is something you flat out don't see. EVER. His only purpose in doing that would be he understands what his team and the people he had endorsements with would suffer with if he got caught up in scandal. Obviously you could take it one step further and say well then why come out at all. Well for the people who understand team building activities that's a dangerous line to play if you don't interact at all...

Advertisement
Thats why i laugh when they said GREAT teams on the gIANTS. tHEY WERE ALWAYS AT THE END OF NBARELY MAKING THE PLAYOFFS WHEN THE WON SUPERBOWLS AND pLAYOFF eLI ALWAYS BECAME A THING.

The crazy thing is...dudes would stone cold want bums like Tony Romo to be hall of fmers.

* Im not a giant fan....Im a Dolphins fan before yall come in.
I 1000% agree with u. Eli is a HOF in my book! Tony Romo was hot gabbage

Last edited:
Thats why i laugh when they said GREAT teams on the gIANTS. tHEY WERE ALWAYS AT THE END OF NBARELY MAKING THE PLAYOFFS WHEN THE WON SUPERBOWLS AND pLAYOFF eLI ALWAYS BECAME A THING.

The crazy thing is...dudes would stone cold want bums like Tony Romo to be hall of fmers.

* Im not a giant fan....Im a Dolphins fan before yall come in.
Give me Playoff Eli & Playoff Flaco over Tony “that’s my QB” Romo

2008 SB:
Manning 19/34 (56%) 255 yrds 2 TDs 1 int sacked 3x

Justin Tuck: 6 Tackles, 2 sacks, 2 TFLs, 2 QBHurries

Tuck was a beast in that SB. He made TB12’s life ****. How he didn’t win SB MVP, is still confusing to me

2012 SB:
Manning 30/40 (75%) 282 yrds 1 TD 0 int sacked 3x

Tuck had another good game, but not like ‘08. However, Hakeem Hicks:
10 rec 109 yrds on 13 targets

This one is debatable, & I can rationalize Manning getting MVP this SB, but definitely not 2008.
Manning won the MVPs because he had 80+ yards drives in the final minutes of both games, completing crucial passes, to lead the Giants to victory.

I agree that MJ would run it today. I said that. I just disagreed w the bigs part. ive also seen a ton of soft dudes back then too. for every Oakley, there was a ben Simmons lol. jimmy also has an old school type game too since he gets most of his points driving and operating in the mid range. Giannis is a freak but I do think he relies more on his athleticism bc of his shaky perimeter game. hes still a freak. I also hate MJ so **** him for ruining my heats shot in the 90s.

Name one big back in the day that was soft

Advertisement
46,000+ yds....275 TDs are better than okay...especially when those stats are better than 4 NFL QB HOFers.....
100%

I still think had Vinny gone to a quality franchise instead of the Bucs and Ray “GM-HC-OC-QB coach” Perkins he would have had an even better career. He was missing some intangible that HOF/SB franchise QBs like Elway, Marino, or Kelly all have, but we’d be lucky to have another Canes QB with 80% of Vinny’s gifts.

Does he keep involved with the program? I remember he was part of HC ‘search’ committee (with Vilma) when Richt was hired. I worked with Vinny’s wife’s sister around that time, and she said the Vinny and his family went to a lot of games when VT JR walked on. Otherwise I haven’t seen pictures of him around, like you see others. Especially now, with Mario bringing everyone around.

Advertisement
I'll tell you a funny story about Mike. It shows what kind of individual he was but it also shows his level of commitment. So back in the days used to be a spot called sugar shack on Thursday nights on the beach. **** was always slammed. One time the heat had the bulls earlier in the night. In walks some of the bulls. Jordan,pippen,rodman,randy brown & a few others I can't remember off the top of my head. They're all walking around tryin to pick up *******(this was before tables were such an emphasis) but not Jordan. I was sitting at the bar with a couple of us in the VIP and I look the bar up and down and Jordan was sitting in the corner of the bar with a hat on and was completely alone. He had a Heineken sitting on the bar & ANYTIME HE WOULD TAKE A SIP HE WOULD FACE THE CORNER OF THE BAR AND THE WALL(like he was a dunce the teacher had stare at the wall). He'd take his sip ****ed down into the corner of the bar. Than put the bear back down while he was still looking at the wall & ONLY then would he turn back around and look out at the club... I don't know if everyone understands what I'm saying here. But the level of commitment necessary to do that whenever in public is something you flat out don't see. EVER. His only purpose in doing that would be he understands what his team and the people he had endorsements with would suffer with if he got caught up in scandal. Obviously you could take it one step further and say well then why come out at all. Well for the people who understand team building activities that's a dangerous line to play if you don't interact at all...
MJ is my favorite athlete of all time. Without question, the GOAT.

MJ after retirement and divorce was an entirely different animal. He would have shut down the restrooms at the club with a bunch of girls lined up going inside. That level of fame and celebrity is insane.

Pretty sure he met his new wife in Miami.

Advertisement
MJ is my favorite athlete of all time. Without question, the GOAT.

MJ after retirement and divorce was an entirely different animal. He would have shut down the restrooms at the club with a bunch of girls lined up going inside. That level of fame and celebrity is insane.

Pretty sure he met his new wife in Miami.
IIRC she was a hostess at Prime 112.

Advertisement
Back