Arch Manning to Texas

Advertisement
So I just want to get this straight....

For likely 2 years or less worth of playing time, you're going to pay this kid basically the same amount as the #1 pick of last year's NFL draft? In the not too distant future college players are going to take pay cuts to play in the NFL.

And I still don't understand how this is a long term model for boosters who don't see any return on their investment. Ruiz paying players to promote a brand could net him value. A booster paying a player for the **** of it can't be sustainable, even for billionaires. You're gonna run a $50M payroll for 4 years without any return?

It’s not sustainable, at least not generally, in part because the entity benefitting from the cost (the school) is not the one paying it.

If companies or collectives could actually make profit on the NIL of these kids at current rates, then offers would be pouring in from companies outside the region of, and with no relationship to, the school. You’ll never see that because the NIL rights of a high school kid, with very few exceptions, have no real market value. And if you’re an officer or director of a company authorizing payment for worthless NIL rights in order to compel a kid to play football at the local school, you’re in breach of your fiduciary duty — which is why I think, ultimately, you’re going to see some shareholder derivative claims at some point.

Last edited:
Honestly not sure how he got those 2 SB MVPs. Tuck should’ve got one

4D1BFB4B-7373-4672-8CAF-AA2696A07A47.jpeg

Advertisement

2008 SB:
Manning 19/34 (56%) 255 yrds 2 TDs 1 int sacked 3x

Justin Tuck: 6 Tackles, 2 sacks, 2 TFLs, 2 QBHurries

Tuck was a beast in that SB. He made TB12’s life ****. How he didn’t win SB MVP, is still confusing to me

2012 SB:
Manning 30/40 (75%) 282 yrds 1 TD 0 int sacked 3x

Tuck had another good game, but not like ‘08. However, Hakeem Hicks:
10 rec 109 yrds on 13 targets

This one is debatable, & I can rationalize Manning getting MVP this SB, but definitely not 2008.

Advertisement
2008 SB:

Tuck was a beast in that SB. He made TB12’s life ****. How he didn’t win SB MVP, is still confusing to me

2012 SB:

This one is debatable, & I can rationalize Manning getting MVP this SB, but definitely not 2008.
Was ‘08 the year Eli made engineered that game winning drive against the undefeated Pats? If so, that’s why he got MVP. The escape he made before throwing it to Tyree was epic. Than sealed it with the TD to Plax.

If I have the years backwards than disregard.

2008 SB:

2012 SB:

its incredibly hard for a QB to lose a SB MVP award imo

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back