Arch Manning to Texas

Actually, they handled that up front. Eli made it clear before the draft that he would not go to San Diego.
They did NOT handle that upfront. Read my previous comment. The only reason that they then came out and confirmed it publicly, is because it was leaked.

Also, who gives a ****? Players are not supposed to decide pre-draft what team/teams they will or won’t play for. That’s why it’s called the draft. I would have told him to kick rocks and go play in the CFL.

Advertisement
They did NOT handle that upfront. Read my previous comment. The only reason that they then came out and confirmed it publicly, is because it was leaked.

Also, who gives a ****? Players are not supposed to decide pre-draft what team/teams they will or won’t play for. That’s why it’s called the draft. I would have told him to kick rocks and go play in the CFL.

No need for us to agree on this. I do not see an issue with using available leverage to avoid a bad situation. In this case, ****** ownership. And I don't understand the mentality that players should not influence where they go if they have the opportunity to do so. Granted, most will not be in that position but that just means it's like most other industries/professions.

Anyway, I question any claims of NIL amounts for any player since there is no way of confirming publicly.

Last edited:

So, the Mannings put a lot of thought into that decision (i.e., were not rash) and did not make a commitment that they later reneged on?

Bro, stop the cap. Lol.

Eli is anything but generational. He was a good QB that’ll make the HOF b/c of those 2 SB victories.

He’s a 60% passer that avg. 3,500 yrds 23 TDs/15 ints/ yr.

How’s that generational?
Aaron Rodgers? Generational
Patrick Mahomes? Generational
Tom Brady? Generational
Matty Ice? Generational
Peyton Manning? Generational
Drew Brees? Generational
Joe Montana? Generational
Dan Marino? Generational
John Elway? Generational
Brett Farve? Generational
Steve Young? Generational

Eli is a good QB, nothing generational about him.
MATTY ICEEEEEEE?. You lucky in just seeing this

You'd make a terrible GM.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Imagine how much money you can make off that name compared to the other high school kids getting millions of dollars. If there is any deal that comes close to reflecting NIL market value, it’s his.
If he’s a very good player, sure. If you think he’s going significantly underperform expectations, his name will not save him.

If he’s a very good player, sure. If you think he’s going significantly underperform expectations, his name will not save him.

Relative to others, the licensee(s) will make a **** of money exploiting his NIL while he sits on the bench his first two years. You think Life Wallet or Camping World, by comparison, are going to get a better ROI off Rashada while he sits behind Garcia? (And Rashada’s money isn’t exactly chump change.)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Imagine how much money you can make off that name compared to the other high school kids getting millions of dollars. If there is any deal that comes close to reflecting NIL market value, it’s his.
Excellent case study… if Arch Manning can’t produce with his NIL…

The Texas number is accurate

So I just want to get this straight....

For likely 2 years or less worth of playing time, you're going to pay this kid basically the same amount as the #1 pick of last year's NFL draft? In the not too distant future college players are going to take pay cuts to play in the NFL.

And I still don't understand how this is a long term model for boosters who don't see any return on their investment. Ruiz paying players to promote a brand could net him value. A booster paying a player for the **** of it can't be sustainable, even for billionaires. You're gonna run a $50M payroll for 4 years without any return?

Advertisement
Back