Arch Manning to Texas

I just have a feeling he won’t live up to the hype. Peyton was the standard, & we saw the watered version of Eli. Rarely do u find two greats in the family. I look at LBJ & Bronny or Ken Griffey Sr & Jr or Bobby Bonds & Barry, etc.

I think if this kid’s last name was Simmons, he would be a 4 star at best.

Advertisement
I just have a feeling he won’t live up to the hype. Peyton was the standard, & we saw the watered version of Eli. Rarely do u find two greats in the family. I look at LBJ & Bronny or Ken Griffey Sr & Jr or Bobby Bonds & Barry, etc.

I think if this kid’s last name was Simmons, he would be a 4 star at best.
Interesting case study.

Pappy was an all-star, dad/uncles are hall of famers, how will this third generation fare? If I remember correctly, the third Griffey played wide receiver at Arizona (wasn't great). We shall see with the Mannings.

Interesting case study.

Pappy was an all-star, dad/uncles are hall of famers, how will this third generation fare? If I remember correctly, the third Griffey played wide receiver at Arizona (wasn't great). We shall see with the Mannings.

Right, Sr went to 2 or 3 ASG & is a 2x WS champion w/ The Reds, but Jr is an all time great. Trey Griffey, not so much

Archy Manning is a 2x PB, Peyton is in convo of top 5 all time QBs, Eli was good, but definitely not on a Peyton’s level (will still get in to the hall), so we’ll see about Arch.

I’m not hating on the kid, at all. However, I just don’t see him as a the generational type, which is where his ranking is. Peyton was generational; I personally don’t see that type of talent.

Advertisement
Right, Sr went to 2 or 3 ASG & is a 2x WS champion w/ The Reds, but Jr is an all time great. Trey Griffey, not so much

Archy Manning is a 2x PB, Peyton is in convo of top 5 all time QBs, Eli was good, but definitely not on a Peyton’s level (will still get in to the hall), so we’ll see about Arch.

I’m not hating on the kid, at all. However, I just don’t see him as a the generational type, which is where his ranking is. Peyton was generational; I personally don’t see that type of talent.
Sure. Not in the top-3 QBs for just this year (by my untrained eye - Nelson, Iamaleva, Rashada just look like better high school QBs), but it's hard to wholly downplay what's in those genes.

I know this is getting off-topic now, but the the baseball Boone's have had 3 generations of all-stars (no hall of famers/generational types, though).

Advertisement

Awkward Jay Z GIF by Complex

Advertisement
I’ve been really thinking about this lately and I’m wondering what you guys think, sark is known for being a great offensive mind and he knows about quarterbacks with that in mind do you really think sark looked at arch’s tape and said this is my quarterback for the next 3-4 years I just don’t think so, I think sark knew getting the number 1 player overall in the country along With his last name being manning would build huge momentum in recruiting and it is playing out in front of our eyes, I don’t think manning ever lives up to the hype and may get recruited over next class or the class after.

Thought this got bumped cuz he was inquiring on being the 3rd qb in class..

Back to tears threadzzz

Advertisement
Mike Farrell is soooooo full of ****. I've posted it multiple times on this site, but that douche doesn't exactly practice the words he preaches.

Here's what he had to say about Taulia Tagovailoa AFTER he announced his transfer.

"I gave Taulia Tagovailoa a solid impact rating because I’m afraid to undervalue another Tagovailoa but he’s an average starter at a low-tier FBS level. Tagovailoa almost fell to a three-star out of high school at the end of the process because many of us weren’t overly impressed with his development." Mike Farrell

Before the transfer, Taulia was a 4* on Rivals and the 11th ranked DT QB.

Advertisement
Back