AR82

AR82 is a beast and when healthy he is going to make big plays for this team, but I told y’all that the reason AR82 had a breakout freshman season was bc Stacy Coley was the only competition on his level, Lawrence Cager got injured, and Braxton Berrios wasn’t the same Berrios from his senior year. No real talent outside of those 3 guys when Richards first arrived. If he was part of this WR class or came in last year with JT he wouldn’t have put up those stats.

Not knocking Richards at all just saying most of y’all were acting like just bc Jeff Thomas didn’t put up big numbers his freshman year as well that somehow means AR82 is on a whole different level although anybody living in reality can see the different circumstances the two came in their respective 1st year but the talent comparing the two was equal at worst.

Advertisement
AR82 is a beast and when healthy he is going to make big plays for this team, but I told y’all that the reason AR82 had a breakout freshman season was bc Stacy Coley was the only competition on his level, Lawrence Cager got injured, and Braxton Berrios wasn’t the same Berrios from his senior year. No real talent outside of those 3 guys when Richards first arrived. If he was part of this WR class or came in last year with JT he wouldn’t have put up those stats.

Not knocking Richards at all just saying most of y’all were acting like just bc Jeff Thomas didn’t put up big numbers his freshman year as well that somehow means AR82 is on a whole different level although anybody living in reality can see the different circumstances the two came in their respective 1st year but the talent comparing the two was equal at worst.
I disagree JT is a star but I still think AR82 is the better receiver when healthy. Its not far fetched to think AR82 wouldve had 1000 yards last year if he was healthy for 13 games. He played like 5 full games and had 400 yards. Also its not like Richards wasn't competing with 3 NFL players for targets his freshman year he just made alot of plays and I also think that QB play made a difference too. I think overall we're better with Rosier over Kaaya but our top receivers would've had better numbers with Kaaya.

I don't think any of the draft eligible players that Richt recruited will leave early unless they are sure first and second. And that's what will allow us to become dominant again. That has been one of the plague by shannon and Golden players. Our 2 deep should be ready to challenge for a national title next season if they stay

lol jesus. this board

Advertisement
Man, if we can get AR back healthy this year, this offense might get entertaining. I get the whole Rosier criticism, but with JT and AR, you're going to have a hard time bracketing both of them and not leaving a wide open zone in your defense.

I disagree JT is a star but I still think AR82 is the better receiver when healthy. Its not far fetched to think AR82 wouldve had 1000 yards last year if he was healthy for 13 games. He played like 5 full games and had 400 yards. Also its not like Richards wasn't competing with 3 NFL players for targets his freshman year he just made alot of plays and I also think that QB play made a difference too. I think overall we're better with Rosier over Kaaya but our top receivers would've had better numbers with Kaaya.
Better receiver because he is taller

Lol

Name one area AR82 is better than JT4 in ?

This is how I lean. Although his production is down, much of that has to do with the QB situation. His injuries are a much bigger concern.

He is still an early 2nd day pick, IMO.

NFL teams are smart enough not to ding a WR because his QB is trash. His production is down because he's injured all the time.

Advertisement
NFL teams are smart enough not to ding a WR because his QB is trash. His production is down because he's injured all the time.
When he gets benched for flipping out on Rosier, it makes me think they don't have the best chemistry. Personally, I don't think his freshman year stats were a fluke as much as I think he just had way better chemistry with Kaaya.

Notice AR doesn't get any of those bubbles or easy grabs that seemingly account for 90% of Rosier's completions. He runs downfield routes, where Rosier just can't get him the ball.

The injuries are definitely a concern, but I'm guessing he was held out as a precautionary measure. We don't need him til ACC play, so no need to force it.

2 bad injury years , so far after brilliant FR season. needs to get stronger to beat press coverage
which bothered him his FR year against Noles and this year against LSU.
not enough data to suggest a high draft #. needs to come back and have a whole full season injury free
BTW we should have built a pretty good book on early entrants to draft over past several years
NFL grades are spot on.... Norton & McIntosh being latest examples

He’s going to come back and make plays and leave. The only way he comes back if he gets hurt again.

Pipe dream to think we’ll have him next year. Whether it’s the right choice or not will be judged later.

When he gets benched for flipping out on Rosier, it makes me think they don't have the best chemistry. Personally, I don't think his freshman year stats were a fluke as much as I think he just had way better chemistry with Kaaya.

Notice AR doesn't get any of those bubbles or easy grabs that seemingly account for 90% of Rosier's completions. He runs downfield routes, where Rosier just can't get him the ball.

The injuries are definitely a concern, but I'm guessing he was held out as a precautionary measure. We don't need him til ACC play, so no need to force it.

How can you even judge what he can do with Rosier when he's been injured since last September?

Advertisement
There’s absolutely no chance he leaves at this rate. Scouts said he was injury prone last year , and it would scare gm’s off. That was before this year.

He’ll have to go balls to the wall the last ten games with no more injuries to even think about 2-3 rounds.

Richards has zero chance of being a 1st round pick in the 2019 draft.

Richards blew up with Kaaya under center. Should stick around next year seeing that Rosier is gone...but I don't see that happening. I also don't see him sticking in the league, drafted or undrafted, there are still holes to his game.

Advertisement
How can you even judge what he can do with Rosier when he's been injured since last September?
What are you saying? That he has more to show here when he gets healthy? If so, I'm not disagreeing. All I am saying is I saw enough his freshman year to know he has the skillset to have a successful pro career, so long as he stays healthy.

Richards blew up with Kaaya under center. Should stick around next year seeing that Rosier is gone...but I don't see that happening. I also don't see him sticking in the league, drafted or undrafted, there are still holes to his game.
Lol his holes aren't anything that isnt fixable. He'll stick because hes good and a team will take a shot on him because of his athleticism. Antonio callaway aint better than Richards and he didn't play his junior year with a ****load of off the field stuff and still got drafted in the 4th. He can still be a first round pick if he comes back and plays through our ACC schedule and does what we know he can do.

Lol his holes aren't anything that isnt fixable. He'll stick because hes good and a team will take a shot on him because of his athleticism. Antonio callaway aint better than Richards and he didn't play his junior year with a ****load of off the field stuff and still got drafted in the 4th. He can still be a first round pick if he comes back and plays through our ACC schedule and does what we know he can do.

Being injury prone is not “fixable.”

Advertisement
Back