AR82

Advertisement
Considering he had 24 catches 10 drops is a pretty big # regardless. Again yjough ill say i think he will make us forget about last season.
Dude, it appears that you just want to argue for the sake of arguing. First of all, had you read my post, you would clearly see that Richards DID NOT have 10 drops last year. So, what the **** are you talking about? Secondly, the percentages that were in question, were related to Rosier's completion percentage, not what percentage of Richards targets did he drop.

Again, I ask, what point are you trying to make?

Richards had his share of drops last year for sure. He had 4 against Syracuse alone. However, according to Richt, he didn't even have a total 10 drops for the entire season. Therefore, to insinuate that Richards played a big role in Rosier only completing 54% of his passes, is beyond an a ridiculous statement, it's simply not true.

As I mentioned, Richards didn't have 10 drops last season, but for the sake of this discussion, let's say he did. If you add ten completions to Rosier's stats, his percentage only goes up to 56%. The facts does not support your argument of Richards deserving a "huge assist" for Rosier's low 54% completion percentage.

Oh no, its not just Richards, he was just part of it, but given the expectations going into this year, his drops were more noticeable. My point is QB play is part of team play; The guys who wear out accuracy and completion rate never mention, drops, hurried passes because of the rush, 3rd and long situations because of the running game getting stuffed.

You made me go find that article (below) and Richt says accuracy is an issue of where the Q puts the bal. That 10 number seems low to me, he had 4 or 5 drops against Syracuse, and played in 7 other games. Syracuse was his most receptions too.

There were a fair share of other colossal drops in the receiving corps on catchable balls, like Thomas dropping that bomb in the ACC title game when we were only down 7-0 (Even Barrios dropped one or two that game).

Richards has the tools, played injured and had a rough year. I hope he explodes this year because he can be a weapon. The great pass catchers, show more confidence with their hands. It takes some longer to develop that, and some run out of time.

How Miami Hurricanes plan to fix Ahmmon Richards’ drops; is Jeff Thomas elite? | Canes Watch

Never said u said anything. I said that was my point. Correct me if I’m wrong, but weren’t u trying to make a point that Rosier’s completion % “could potentially” not be that big of an issue and u supplied an example of what Calvin Johnson did w/ a 44 completion % QB. If I’m wrong w ur point, then I apologize; but if I’m right, my counter was that Calvin made his QB look great b/c he’s a freak of nature. And have u not seen DT as well?

Look; I think AR82 is going to have a great season, period.

Someone said that AR couldn't have a great season because his QB only completed 54% of his passes last year. I made a counter point. Yes, Calvin Johnson is obviously one of the best, but 44% of completed passes is also drastically lower than the 54% cutoff needed for a receiver to have a great year. DT and AR are actually fairly similar in my mind, obviously DT is a great player as well. He had success with 46% completion. The point is if you're a great receiver you can put up great numbers regardless. I'm sure there are several more examples of receivers having great years with a 54% or worse completion percentage. I thought two examples were good enough, but apparently I need to find ****tier players to please you guys, instead of actually acknowledging that my point that it can be done, was correct.

I'm as big a homer as the next guy, but if you need to pull Calvin Johnson stats to make a point, then you more than likely don't have a point.

That dude is an all time freak. There is no Calvin Johnson on this roster.

Richards not only needs to get and stay healthy, he has to eliminate the drop issues he's had here if he even wants get to Amari Cooper comparisons.

Imo he is still very much a work in progress with a lot to prove.

this

I love AR but, he's got a lot to prove

nice freshmen season, big step back his soph season even with the injury

time to put up and nut up

Advertisement
My only issue i ha e with Richards and its a small one is that he uses his body too much to catch passes outside of that one little thing hes elite as they come

It was more to the point that Berrios had more success with Rosier than with prior QB's, so that it's not impossible for other WR's to do the same. I'm sure Berrios won something, but that wasn't what I had in mind when posting.

You also gott put into account that last year for some odd reason richt didn’t use berrios in the slot as much and put njoku there for mismatches so he could have had better numbers his junior year

Oh no, its not just Richards, he was just part of it, but given the expectations going into this year, his drops were more noticeable. My point is QB play is part of team play; The guys who wear out accuracy and completion rate never mention, drops, hurried passes because of the rush, 3rd and long situations because of the running game getting stuffed.

You made me go find that article (below) and Richt says accuracy is an issue of where the Q puts the bal. That 10 number seems low to me, he had 4 or 5 drops against Syracuse, and played in 7 other games. Syracuse was his most receptions too.

There were a fair share of other colossal drops in the receiving corps on catchable balls, like Thomas dropping that bomb in the ACC title game when we were only down 7-0 (Even Barrios dropped one or two that game).

Richards has the tools, played injured and had a rough year. I hope he explodes this year because he can be a weapon. The great pass catchers, show more confidence with their hands. It takes some longer to develop that, and some run out of time.

How Miami Hurricanes plan to fix Ahmmon Richards’ drops; is Jeff Thomas elite? | Canes Watch
That bold was vastly underthrown to Thomas so can’t really consider that a drop and it was pass interference on the play that ironically wasn’t called

Advertisement
Assuming he comes back 100% Healthy.
I can see Ahmmon having an Amari Cooper type junior year where he finished as a finalist for the heisman. Both had great freshmen years and “sophomore slumps”. AR has all the potential and skills to do it.

No WR Heisman contender has a QB that is as limited as Rosier. This isn't a reflection on AR but just reality that a WR that puts up Heisman numbers usually has a good QB. That being said, AR is an elite player if he can stay healthy. I doubt he sticks around after this season.

Someone said that AR couldn't have a great season because his QB only completed 54% of his passes last year. I made a counter point. Yes, Calvin Johnson is obviously one of the best, but 44% of completed passes is also drastically lower than the 54% cutoff needed for a receiver to have a great year. DT and AR are actually fairly similar in my mind, obviously DT is a great player as well. He had success with 46% completion. The point is if you're a great receiver you can put up great numbers regardless. I'm sure there are several more examples of receivers having great years with a 54% or worse completion percentage. I thought two examples were good enough, but apparently I need to find ****tier players to please you guys, instead of actually acknowledging that my point that it can be done, was correct.

Understood. Well regardless, I’m hoping for AR to have a tremendous season. Even at like 80% this year, he put up nice numbers when targeted. I would love for him to be a 3 and out, top 15 pick.

Hoping Malik has a better year too. Hoping he has more games like the one against Toledo and ND v. his last 3 games.

Advertisement

Quit being so dramatic. Richards had one game (syracuse) where he dropped some passes after not playing for like two weeks. It happens. It’s college football. The players aren’t that good. Andre Johnson dropped far more passes here on a consistent basis. Richards is the most productive wideout through his first two years at UM in the history of the program except for Michael Irvin.

Assuming he comes back 100% Healthy.
I can see Ahmmon having an Amari Cooper type junior year where he finished as a finalist for the heisman. Both had great freshmen years and “sophomore slumps”. AR has all the potential and skills to do it.
love it but think about our play calling will be pretty hard to accomplish that and having a better run game will also make it more hard. ESP with Richt since he loves to run

Understood. Well regardless, I’m hoping for AR to have a tremendous season. Even at like 80% this year, he put up nice numbers when targeted. I would love for him to be a 3 and out, top 15 pick.

Hoping Malik has a better year too. Hoping he has more games like the one against Toledo and ND v. his last 3 games.
Gotta disagree with you.

I hope he has a good year but not great enough to come out. Then he comes back and goes Santana on everyone as a Senior. I hope all our draft eligible Juniors kinda ***** up just a lil so they have to come back. Sick of these guys at non-RB bailing early.

Advertisement
Quit being so dramatic. Richards had one game (syracuse) where he dropped some passes after not playing for like two weeks. It happens. It’s college football. The players aren’t that good. Andre Johnson dropped far more passes here on a consistent basis. Richards is the most productive wideout through his first two years at UM in the history of the program except for Michael Irvin.

This, one bad game when he was rusty as **** returning from injury. But leave it to CIS posters to throw out fake stats to bash someone.

Gotta disagree with you.

I hope he has a good year but not great enough to come out. Then he comes back and goes Santana on everyone as a Senior. I hope all our draft eligible Juniors kinda ***** up just a lil so they have to come back. Sick of these guys at non-RB bailing early.

Well here's my take; I only want him to come out IF he's guaranteed a top 15 draft spot. We need kids to start to see if you come to The U, you can be drafted w/in the first 15 picks. Nothing made me more proud than to see our guys name continuously be called in the first round, and I'm sorry, that's an allure to kids. We need to start becoming a machine, just pumping out first rounders and replacing them w/ future first rounders.

Advertisement
Back