AR82 40 time

Advertisement
I am a slight Malik fan and I am rooting for him to succeed this year. He took us to 10-3 last year, not bad. He has limits. I also have the opinion that Jarren maybe the future if he can learn to read defenses quickly, which is possible.
I feel we have to start Malik and give him a shot at LSU. If he is not getting it done, make the change to N'Kosi or Jarren and roll from there.
We have the pieces, just need to put them together correctly and at the right time and we roll.
Go Canes!!!!

Not worried about his speed. Would like to see him play more physical and technical at the catch point. Too many times he got bumped off his path or let defenders cross his face. Same goes for Cager who has rare agility/fluidity for his size. Big WRs gotta play big.

Would like to see him play more physical and technical at the catch point. Too many times he got bumped off his path or let defenders cross his face.
I agree. However, the last time we seen him healthy, he was a true freshman, who didn't arrive early and therefore didn't get the additional strength and conditioning as an early enrollee. Regarding last year, it's hard to judge his physicality, or the lack thereof, due to him being injured the entire season. I am not concerned about him playing physical as a junior.

Advertisement
I agree. However, the last time we seen him healthy, he was a true freshman, who didn't arrive early and therefore didn't get the additional strength and conditioning as an early enrollee. Regarding last year, it's hard to judge his physicality, or the lack thereof, due to him being injured the entire season. I am not concerned about him playing physical as a junior.

Injuries are often the culprit when a good player is underperforming. And the fans rarely know it at the time. But there's still 1 play that sticks in my mind where he turned the wrong shoulder to find the ball and it gave the DB a path to cross his face instead of boxing him out. Attention to detail is an area of improvement for the whole group to be reliable like Berrios and Herndon were.

Much appreciated.

Thomas will be the primary Z receiver as he was for the latter part of last season. They had him practicing in the slot position in certain packages this spring because they want him to be on the field as much as possible. I made the Pope reference because according to multiple reports and coaches interviews, Harley appeared to not have the best spring. Pope arrives next month and will have plenty enough time to seize control of the Y (slot) position.

I read the same thing about Harley, what a shame. If JT4 is outside that means Cager was a HUGE disappointment, although i think i'd really like to throw AR82 in the slot from time to time. I bullish on Cager so i am hoping he makes JT4 have to go to the slot because i would much rather have JT4 on safties or nickel backs than outside where a DB can use the sideline to his advantage

Last edited:
Won't matter if QB play stinks to high heaven. Think back to 1999 when Kenny Kelly couldn't hit the broad side of a Bubba Franks.

I curse you for unleashing those horrid memories from the deepest crevasses of my mind! I'm going to pass out tonight screaming "Stick to baseballllllll, Ken-neeeeeee!".

Advertisement
No way he should still be rehabbing a cartilage injury. Guys have played a week after arthroscopic cartilage surgery. They kept him out of spring ball in an abundance of caution because they already know what the got with him.

Good news is Richards said in an interview that he’s now stretching regularly, which he wasn’t doing previously. Hopefully, this will reduce his hamstring issues.

He had hamstring issues all last year if you recall, which had already limited his action. In addition to suffering what was hopefully an acute case of the dropsies. The meniscus finally dealt the coup de grâce and they just shut his lower extremities down for good for several months of recuperation, strength training, stretching, and hopefully conditioning to prevent future tears and tweaks.

Chise is right about the meniscus, I tnink the cautious delays are way more about the multiple hammies he’s suffered.

Glad he is running so fast.
Hopefully he stays healthy and plays like he did in the '17 Duke game most of 2018. He will have the potential to be All-American.

FYI - AR82 said that this 40 time was done in tennis shoes, NOT cleats... that is impressive to say the least.

Advertisement
Before the knee injury, I believed the reason he was having the hamstring issues was likely a hip/glute problem and resulting scar tissue from the injuries. Recurring hamstring issues are seldom just the hamstrings (I’ve seen ankles/arches and even shoulders [spinal] be the cause). If Miami has access to a GOOD physical therapist (some athletic trainers, especially if they’ve been trained abroad, know their stuff - most don’t) then he should be taken off campus to be diagnosed by the PT.
Thing with richards is it wasn’t just a hamstring injury as he had that and a slight ankle/Achilles injury as well

Advertisement
I curse you for unleashing those horrid memories from the deepest crevasses of my mind! I'm going to pass out tonight screaming "Stick to baseballllllll, Ken-neeeeeee!".
Forgot about the baseball connection. Man, that's just all too familiar.

Anyone who thinks Pope doesn't have a shot at starting at some point this year is sleeping.

Cager and Harley have been inconsistent. Both have insane potential but if noodles is doing noodles things it will be impossible to keep him off the field.

Advertisement
Back