AR82 40 time

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jarren Williams time. You don’t waste these monsters outside with the noodle arm baseball player. It’s go time fellas. All in on the frosh.

I'd be inclined to agree with you, but CIS Nation is bipolar. We are infatuated with the unproven Freshman but if he's not an All-American by mid-season we quickly label him 'Bust/Overrated/JAG/Greentree All American' and begin to plot said Freshman's 30 pound weight gain plan so that he can move to a larger size position.

To think, Mark Pope has not even arrived on campus yet. It it not unreasonable to believe that he will end up starting in the slot by game 1. He is that good. The combination of Richards, Thomas, and Pope would give any opposing defensive coordinator and DB coach nightmares.

Advertisement
I'd be inclined to agree with you, but CIS Nation is bipolar. We are infatuated with the unproven Freshman but if he's not an All-American by mid-season we quickly label him 'Bust/Overrated/JAG/Greentree All American' and begin to plot said Freshman's 30 pound weight gain plan so that he can move to a larger size position.

Spot on. All these people that think Williams should start are the same ones that thought N'kosi was the savior.

Amazingly good news! If Ahmmon’s rehab continues on a positive trajectory, coupled with 3 to 4 more months of strength and conditioning his 40 time could be 4.3 or even 4.2 (maybe I’m getting a little carried away). Considering his rare athleticism combined with his blazing speed could make for a record breaking season. Thank you for posting.

To think, Mark Pope has not even arrived on campus yet. It it not unreasonable to believe that he will end up starting in the slot by game 1. He is that good. The combination of Richards, Thomas, and Pope would give any opposing defensive coordinator and DB coach nightmares.
The emergence of Cager down the stretch was the biggest bright spot of the end of the season. He started playing like his actual size and getting aggressive when the ball was in the air.

We got something brewing at the position that could be special.

Reg i really like your takes, but this one is completely fuggin redonk. Mark Pope will not come in here and start game 1 and it won't be close. Thomas will start in the slot with Cager/Hightower and AR on the outside mane. as a matter of fact if our guys take a step he might not start all year, but the sophomore slump is real and JT4 is on the watch for that.

I think Harley will rebound because if he doesn't he might not see much time next year....or the following

Advertisement
Reg i really like your takes, but this one is completely fuggin redonk. Mark Pope will not come in here and start game 1 and it won't be close. Thomas will start in the slot with Cager/Hightower and AR on the outside mane. as a matter of fact if our guys take a step he might not start all year, but the sophomore slump is real and JT4 is on the watch for that.

I think Harley will rebound because if he doesn't he might not see much time next year....or the following
Much appreciated.

Thomas will be the primary Z receiver as he was for the latter part of last season. They had him practicing in the slot position in certain packages this spring because they want him to be on the field as much as possible. I made the Pope reference because according to multiple reports and coaches interviews, Harley appeared to not have the best spring. Pope arrives next month and will have plenty enough time to seize control of the Y (slot) position.

Advertisement
Sophomore slump injury riddled year for a guy that I think is the most talented player on the team. I expect him to bounce back and be a top 2 round guy a year from now.
Hard to call a guy who average **** near 19 yards per catch still while being injured with a sophomore slump. Injuries just really affected his season but he still was productive

He's fine. He tore a meniscus very late November. Even if they repaired it, which I suspect is almost a guarantee, it's a 3 month injury, tops. He's almost 5 months out. His absence from spring ball was purely precautionary....if Miami had a game Saturday, he'd be starting.

I would be shocked & worried if he weren't running at top speed right now. Very encouraging to hear he is, clearly.

Advertisement
Back