AR82 40 time

Advertisement
image.jpeg
AR is too soft for my taste.

He has all the talent in the world, but he plays soft

Jarren Williams time. You don’t waste these monsters outside with the noodle arm baseball player. It’s go time fellas. All in on the frosh.
I am a huge advocate of not starting true frosh, and I am the last person to crown someone from Greentree - especially after spring ball and only half of a roster.

That said, as of today, I subscribe to rolling with Jarren. Malik to start LSU game, Malik and Jarren split series 2/1, Jalen starts full time week 2.

**I reserve the right to change this opinion after fall practice**

Anyone who thinks Pope doesn't have a shot at starting at some point this year is sleeping.

Cager and Harley have been inconsistent. Both have insane potential but if noodles is doing noodles things it will be impossible to keep him off the field.
I don't see it.

We place so much emphasis on WR being able to block. I'm not saying Pope can't or won't be able to, but we have proven commodities in Thomas and Harley that are the same size as Pope.

I think he will get plenty of burn, but we are loaded at WR with guys that have had time in the system and presumably know the playbook much better.

AR is too soft for my taste.

He has all the talent in the world, but he plays soft

Explain that.

Any specific plays in mind.

I think he’s always played tough and aggressive.

I think his hands are a little overrated....but true route running skills, speed, and toughness - i think he’s the best prospect we’ve had since Andre.

Advertisement
Explain that.

Any specific plays in mind.

I think he’s always played tough and aggressive.

I think his hands are a little overrated....but true route running skills, speed, and toughness - i think he’s the best prospect we’ve had since Andre.

Ask that guy he murdered at fsu how soft ahmonn is.

Meant to quote svengali

I don't see it.

We place so much emphasis on WR being able to block. I'm not saying Pope can't or won't be able to, but we have proven commodities in Thomas and Harley that are the same size as Pope.

I think he will get plenty of burn, but we are loaded at WR with guys that have had time in the system and presumably know the playbook much better.

Pope is 6'1....Thomas, Harley around 5'9"

While pope may be thin, I don't think there is any chance he isn't at least 10lbs heavier than both.

Advertisement
I don't see it.

I agree it may be a little much for him to start at the beginning of the season, however IMO he is just on another level than everyone not named Richards or Thomas.

Only 10 pounds heavier but 4 inches taller means he has less mass for his frame than the other two

I am only guessing 10lbs. So are you trying to say that someone like Harley 5'9" 170 would be a better blocker than someone 6'1 180? Obviously it all depends on the person as well but all things equal

Those weights are most likely incorrect but for arguments sake I would like your opinion. . I do respect your opinion, and your dedication to the program. Not arguing just asking.

Advertisement
LOL at Mark Pope being scrutinized as a blocker. Only on a UM board. They aren’t bringing himnin to be Bryant McKinnie. If he can get in the way once in awhile as a blocker he’ll be fine.

Harley and Thomas played a ton last year at 158 pounds. Pope will play and play a whole lot.

I am only guessing 10lbs. So are you trying to say that someone like Harley 5'9" 170 would be a better blocker than someone 6'1 180? Obviously it all depends on the person as well but all things equal

Those weights are most likely incorrect but for arguments sake I would like your opinion. . I do respect your opinion, and your dedication to the program. Not arguing just asking.
Sorry I read through the original post a little quickly and didn't see that you were guessing Pope's weight. Obviously mentality is by far the number 1 factor when it comes to blocking.

Being 6'1 will help since his arms will likely be longer, but hypothetically on those weights, someone who is 4 inches shorter but only 10 pounds lighter is going to be much more muscularly compact. I blocked much better than some other guys that weighed more and were taller, because I was much more densely compact and stronger.

Advertisement
Sorry I read through the original post a little quickly and didn't see that you were guessing Pope's weight. Obviously mentality is by far the number 1 factor when it comes to blocking.

Being 6'1 will help since his arms will likely be longer, but hypothetically on those weights, someone who is 4 inches shorter but only 10 pounds lighter is going to be much more muscularly compact. I blocked much better than some other guys that weighed more and were taller, because I was much more densely compact and stronger.

All I am saying is in theory blocking should be easier for guys who are taller and heavier/stronger. Mentally you're a dog tho and I have a feeling Pope is too.

We do seem to have a large emphasis on receivers blocking and I love that, however as @The Franchise stated, that will not keep Pope off the field.

Advertisement
Back