Apparently the buyout drops after Dec 1

Advertisement
Man they said the same thing last year. The buyout number drops after 2014... I don't believe that sh*t

Man they said the same thing last year. The buyout number drops after 2014... I don't believe that sh*t

It's very much true, not sure about last year but it definitely goes down after this season .

It's not like they're going to use the money supposedly saved from the buyout to spend to contend with the next hire. These penny-pinching pieces of program-ruining s*** aren't oblivious to the damage they're doing to Miami football. They just don't care.

They threw away multiple seasons and recruiting classes to cause one of the most toxic situations you'll ever see in amateur or professional athletics, just so they could save a few million bucks off a buyout from the eighth highest-paid coach in the ACC. This isn't about anything other than UM being incredibly cheap and not giving a f*** about athletics.

They're going to pocket the money and hire some unproven, uninspiring retread on the cheap. Herman and others who should be prioritized won't even get a place at the table when it comes time to interview candidates. Just watch.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's not like they're going to use the money supposedly saved from the buyout to spend to contend with the next hire. These penny-pinching pieces of program-ruining s*** aren't oblivious to the damage their doing to Miami football. They just don't care.

They threw away multiple seasons and recruiting classes to cause one of the most toxic situations you'll ever see in amateur or professional athletics, just so they could save a few million bucks off a buyout from the eighth highest-paid coach in the ACC. This isn't about anything other than UM being incredibly cheap and not giving a f*** about athletics.

They're going to pocket the money and hire some unproven, uninspiring retread on the cheap. Herman and others who should be prioritized won't even get a place at the table when it comes time to interview candidates. Just watch.

Sad but True.

Welp, then fire D'No and hire Butch so he can get a head start on recruiting and planning for next year. Just to ***** us more, Golden will use up all the head coach in-house visits before Miami ****cans him.

Advertisement
According to Canesport . So the administration will wait till then to let him go. Of course they could announce he is going to be let go till after the season

Canesport is clueless.

Total BS from Canesport!!! We have to pay his salary for the year regardless and the buyout is based on remaining seasons on contract.

So there should be no difference whether we fire him today or in DEC... except that we might have to up an asst coach's salary for being the HC for rest of the season.

According to Canesport . So the administration will wait till then to let him go. Of course they could announce he is going to be let go till after the season

Canesport is clueless.

Total BS!!! We have to pay his salary for the year regardless and the buyout is based on remaining seasons on contract.

So there should be no difference whether we fire him today or in DEC... except that we might have to up an asst coach's salary for being the HC for rest of the season.

Not that I have a clue as to what his contract says, but most likely the buyout is a percentage of the dollar amount left on the contract. It sounds like what is being said is that the percentage drops on December 1.

he'll negotiate a deal to leave before that date for the 12/1 buyout. He can't do this to himself or his family. Nothing to gain. it's all but over… I'd be surprised if he's here in two weeks.
Why would he do that? It's like the Seinfeld episode where George works at Play Now Sports. They want to fire him after they find out he was lying about being handicapped but he has a contract. They offer him half his salary to leave immediately but he just laughs and says "see if I stay, I get it all." That's Golden right now, and frankly I don't blame him. James or whomever actually has the authority to make the decision needs to bite the bullet and fire him regardless of the cost.

Great post.

Only reason to leave now is if he ever wants another chance to coach.

Advertisement
he'll negotiate a deal to leave before that date for the 12/1 buyout. He can't do this to himself or his family. Nothing to gain. it's all but over… I'd be surprised if he's here in two weeks.
Why would he do that? It's like the Seinfeld episode where George works at Play Now Sports. They want to fire him after they find out he was lying about being handicapped but he has a contract. They offer him half his salary to leave immediately but he just laughs and says "see if I stay, I get it all." That's Golden right now, and frankly I don't blame him. James or whomever actually has the authority to make the decision needs to bite the bullet and fire him regardless of the cost.

Great post.

I think his career as a P5 coach will end after this season.
Career assistant going forward.

Great post.

I think his career as a P5 coach will end after this season.
Career assistant going forward.

Maybe a positional coach. Probably a HS HC. Now way this man will ever be a DC or HC in ncaa again. Well actually he'll be back at Miami next year.

Advertisement

Great post.

Who would ever hire him after what he did at UM?

Canesport is clueless.

Total BS!!! We have to pay his salary for the year regardless and the buyout is based on remaining seasons on contract.

Not that I have a clue as to what his contract says, but most likely the buyout is a percentage of the dollar amount left on the contract. It sounds like what is being said is that the percentage drops on December 1.

It's 4 years. This drop in buyout stuff is nonsense, though it may be true. Here's why it's nonsense.

Let's assume that each remaining year is bought out at $2 million (before this purported drop in the buyout). If they fired him now, they may owe him next to nothing for the remainder of this year (his contract year ends January 31). Since the difference for this year is almost certainly negligible whether they fire him now or wait until the purported magic date, I'll ignore it.

How much could the buyout drop? 10%? That would be a savings of $800,000 over 4 years. 20%? That's doubtful for a number of reasons, but that would be $1.6 million. Is that worth the damage being done? I don't think so.

If anyone responds with "the buyout drops by $8 million" on December 1, I'll hunt you down and skin you alive. I posted about that in another thread. There is not another universe in the multiverse in which that could happen.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight, they are willing to lose countless future athletes and revenue due some some **** ant buyout? Stop the losses, NOW!

Advertisement
Back