Apparently the buyout drops after Dec 1

sabrose

Sophomore
According to Canesport . So the administration will wait till then to let him go. Of course they could announce he is going to be let go till after the season

Advertisement
You beat me to it. Heard the same thing from a source other than Canesport. December 1 is the magic date, and they don't want to get into a battle of semantics if they were to announce now that he will be fired.

Lol so his motivation is now to suck so much and be so terrible that they are forced to fire him before then? Great contract admin!

Advertisement
he'll negotiate a deal to leave before that date for the 12/1 buyout. He can't do this to himself or his family. Nothing to gain. it's all but over… I'd be surprised if he's here in two weeks.

Hmm, I thought we heard the same thing last year.

I think it's possible for there to be drops at that point each year into the contract, i.e. the dropout at December 1, 2015 is even lower than on December 1, 2014.

In any event, leave it to our incompetent administration to haggle over $250,000 in a billion dollar business instead of sucking it up and doing the obvious thing right now.

Advertisement
he'll negotiate a deal to leave before that date for the 12/1 buyout. He can't do this to himself or his family. Nothing to gain. it's all but over… I'd be surprised if he's here in two weeks.
Why would he do that? It's like the Seinfeld episode where George works at Play Now Sports. They want to fire him after they find out he was lying about being handicapped but he has a contract. They offer him half his salary to leave immediately but he just laughs and says "see if I stay, I get it all." That's Golden right now, and frankly I don't blame him. James or whomever actually has the authority to make the decision needs to bite the bullet and fire him regardless of the cost.

Last edited:
I said this in the Hue Jackson thread three weeks ago, everyone thought it was bs.

I also said it would have to be an epic meltdown to do it during the season.

These cheap ***** are counting every penny.

Advertisement
By that point all the real athletic departments who have fired their coaches will have hired the good ones, and all of our commits will have decommitted.

Can't they tell him he's done dec 1 but has the option to stay or leave now? I'm sure he'd jump

By that point all the real athletic departments who have fired their coaches will have hired the good ones, and all of our commits will have decommitted.
No worries. I'm sure Mario will still be available and he'll save the class. Everyone wants to play for an OL coach who was fired by FIU.

Advertisement
I agree he'll try to negotiate a buyout as staying until the end of the year will be painful. Horrible situation & the HEAT is on big time.

The **** are you taking about? Nothing to gain? He loses millions if walks. By staying and collecting all the loot he owed he sets up his whole family tree for generations. He'd be an idiot to walk away.

The **** are you taking about? Nothing to gain? He loses millions if walks. By staying and collecting all the loot he owed he sets up his whole family tree for generations. He'd be an idiot to walk away.

He's fired , he can wait till dec 1 and get buyout , or get the same thing now.

The sooner the better, him and the family are miserable .

He's losing nothing, just getting out of the war zone early

Why would he do that? It's like the Seinfeld episode where George works at Play Now Sports. They want to fire him after they find out he was lying about being handicapped but he has a contract. They offer him half his salary to leave immediately but he just laughs and says "see if I stay, I get it all." That's Golden right now, and frankly I don't blame him. James or whomever actually has the authority to make the decision needs to bite the bullet and fire him regardless of the cost.

Great post.

Advertisement
Back