Appalachian State tix redick

Advertisement
Stay in Elizabethton TN if you can get in one of the few hotels. Literally a 45 min drive around the mountain. Johnson City is close as well about 15 more minutes.

Keep in mind there's a huge music festival close by in Bristol that weekend so rates are high regardless. Check out Jiggy Rays pizza if you're in Elizabethton, good pizza, beer, and music every weekend

Advertisement
Stay in Elizabethton TN if you can get in one of the few hotels. Literally a 45 min drive around the mountain. Johnson City is close as well about 15 more minutes.

Keep in mind there's a huge music festival close by in Bristol that weekend so rates are high regardless. Check out Jiggy Rays pizza if you're in Elizabethton, good pizza, beer, and music every weekend

Are you in Elizabethton too? I figured I was the only one from good ole Carter county.

App St blew the doors off just about everyone they played last year. Played Clemson to a 10-10 tie in the 2nd half.

Advertisement
If you think that's ridiculous check the rates the crappy hotels in Boone are charging for that weekend. Biggest home game in App St history.

I was thinking about Asheville, not that far away and a pretty bad *** city if you like beer.

That would be a good plan. Asheville has all sorts of hotels and B&B's. It takes me just under two hours to get to Boone from here - easy day trip.

Plus, Asheville is gorgeous and has a great food and beer scene. It's totally worth staying an extra day to take in the city if you're coming in from out of state.

love Asheville, been a few times. wedge brewery is my favorite.

Are you in Elizabethton too? I figured I was the only one from good ole Carter county.

Of all places in the Tri cities why in the **** would you recommend someone stay in Elizabethton? "Hey guys if you like staying in terrible hotels and in a town the size of UM campus with less restaurants and things to do Elizabethton is for you"

JC/Jonesborough

Advertisement

Of all places in the Tri cities why in the **** would you recommend someone stay in Elizabethton? "Hey guys if you like staying in terrible hotels and in a town the size of UM campus with less restaurants and things to do Elizabethton is for you"

Because you have to go through Elizabethton to get there and most hotels are charging out the *** for the week/weekend because of Rhythm and Roots.

The hotel I was thinking of in Elizabethton closed down apparently though.

Air bnb a house outside Boone is the way to go as far as a place to stay.

That's usually a good call. If you can get several folks together and rent a cabin, you'll come out much better than one of the few hotels in Boone. Kingsport / Johnson City, TN are an easy drive. Asheville, NC is two hours away and loaded with hotel space.

Advertisement
Those necks are looking to sell out their beloved App Store home team for a few hundred bucks on the scalping market. That dump should be 90% Canes fans by the time App Store fans finish selling their team out.

I'll give them this. They've gone full force on social media and here trying to sell Boone as this little slice of paradise stuck in Appalachia. Whatever. Good for them. I blame Ol' Blake for this one. He should personally buy anyone that goes to this a pair of seats to that road game at Michigan State in 4 or 5 years to equal out the nonsense of having scheduled this.

Those necks are looking to sell out their beloved App Store home team for a few hundred bucks on the scalping market. That dump should be 90% Canes fans by the time App Store fans finish selling their team out.

I'll give them this. They've gone full force on social media and here trying to sell Boone as this little slice of paradise stuck in Appalachia. Whatever. Good for them. I blame Ol' Blake for this one. He should personally buy anyone that goes to this a pair of seats to that road game at Michigan State in 4 or 5 years to equal out the nonsense of having scheduled this.

Bias is showing as I'm from Boone, but it really is a slice of paradise stuck in the mountains. Are there better places? Sure. But it could be a whole lot worse.

That being said, Miami should not be traveling to these Sun Belt and C-USA level schools.

Advertisement
Back