Appalachian State tix redick

Stay in Elizabethton TN if you can get in one of the few hotels. Literally a 45 min drive around the mountain. Johnson City is close as well about 15 more minutes.

Keep in mind there's a huge music festival close by in Bristol that weekend so rates are high regardless. Check out Jiggy Rays pizza if you're in Elizabethton, good pizza, beer, and music every weekend

Are you in Elizabethton too? I figured I was the only one from good ole Carter county.

Of all places in the Tri cities why in the **** would you recommend someone stay in Elizabethton? "Hey guys if you like staying in terrible hotels and in a town the size of UM campus with less restaurants and things to do Elizabethton is for you"

The hotel in town is nothing great but at least it's not in a high crime rate location, which is something u have to consider when visiting most places. I'm not sure how long it's been since you've been to Elizabethton but there are plenty of restaurants to choose from. If people are looking for a club scene then Elizabethton isn't the right place for them but in that case I wouldn't recommend any of the tri cities, however for people that enjoy nature related activities, I would highly recommend the Elizabethton area as many people enjoy white water rafting, hiking, looking at waterfalls, the cleanest lake in the eastern part of the country, fly fishing etc....P.S. to all BBQ fans out there if u end up in eastern Tennessee check out Ridgewood Barbeque, I've been everywhere and I've never had better BBQ, don't take my word for it though, Google it!

Advertisement
There is also a nice little bed and breakfast in Roan Mountain TN, which is about 30 mins from the game, they usually have fair prices and it's a nice place.

Seriously 180 bucks for grass seats? WTF?

Is anyone going?

Got any ins on tix?

I may be going. My friend's daughter goes to App St and she is giving him her ticket and giving me her roommates ticket. That's the plan anyways.. Will suck to sit in the student section but I will be rocking my CANES gear!

I'm banking (and hoping) on the tickets decreasing in price over the next couple weeks. Maybe after the Vols smoke App State, some of the excitement from that fan base will be sapped.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back