Anything Other Than Tom Jurich Is Unacceptable

ChrisLamar757

Freshman
Banned
Quit trying to convince yourself otherwise.

Guy from New Mexico because he's "from Miami" and "knows the culture"?

Former players because they "know this []_[]" and "put on the cleats" "knows what it takes"?

**** you.

Perfectly qualified administrator with a past of building and developing an athletic department, and wants the job, and you're not going to pick that guy?

Anything less than him, and it signifies that Miami is as unserious and uncaring as Kirk Herbstriet called them out for.

Quit being pathetic Miami. For once, get out of your own way.

Advertisement
Advertisement
There are many other options like clemson guy (offer him a blank check or something), that would show we are going to be serious about getting our brand on point.. Hiring the guy that sent New Mexico athletics further into deadlands because he is a miami columbus bro or some **** is further evidence of incompetency that UM is all about.. just a straight up clown show joke

Jurich is less important than what Jurich represents, an Alpha AD that will drive the U's athletics into the 21st century across all programs even it means dragging the BOT / Admin kicking and screaming. They'd all shut up once applications go up by 30% after our first ACC ship.

That kind of AD is rare and one of those things that sometimes isn't recognized until its gone, so Tom Jurich sitting there as a known commodity and Free Agent became a lightning rod. Maybe Nunez is that guy, he's certainly a better hire than James, but he can't credibly be called an Alpha AD until he walks the walk.

Advertisement
You're not wrong at all but there's other very qualified candidates outside of Jurich we could've at least attempted to acquire: Brian White, Mack Rhoades, etc.

Their names haven't even come up, so they don't even seem viable.

Too many people claiming that Jurich wants it. What, is it too easy for Miami or something?

Are they stupid or just ********?

We just need someone who is bold enough to put performance first.

Jurich is not the only person in the world that can be successful here I'm not sure the board's assumption that him or bust. He's good but he's also unemployed right now for a reason.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
We just need someone who is hold enough to put performance first.

Jurich is not the only person in the world that can be successful here I'm not sure the board's assumption that him or bust. He's good but he's also unemployed right now for a reason.

He's available, qualified, wants the job.

He'll be working under a President that isn't interested in sports.

They're considering New Mexico's AD and guys that have never done it instead?

**** outta here

You know what i mean money. All i want is the best candidate.

Youve been in this game a long time. We are gonna **** this up again with the miami culture.

I'm starting to think that the "Miami culture" that everyone keeps talking about is nothing more than "Hiring only people who are familiar with the Miami culture."

Not worried. If Jurich were so great he probably wouldn't be unemployed. As long as Zo is in the building, football will be in good hands.

Advertisement
Back