Anything other than 10-1 is a failure at this point

citizenkane

Redshirt Freshman
just looking at the rest of the schedule it's mostly coastal teams left along with Wake and the Wolf pack.
There is literally nothing special left now that UNC was exposed by the worst FSU team in our lifetimes.

Can someone explain to me why the ESPN PFF projects VT over Miami?? VT can't even figure out who wants to play QB there.

We should easily win out and then either the ACCCG or a high tier bowl game.

Advertisement
lame page GIF

just looking at the rest of the schedule it's mostly coastal teams left along with Wake and the Wolf pack.
There is literally nothing special left now that UNC was exposed by the worst FSU team in our lifetimes.

Can someone explain to me why the ESPN PFF projects VT over Miami?? VT can't even figure out who wants to play QB there.

Ive heard this argument every year for the last 10 years, somebody please make it stop

Miami has been choking away a few ACC games-per-season since joining the conference in 2004—sans 2017, where they eked out a bunch of wins and wound up with a 10-1 record that could've just as easily have been 7-4 (FSU, GT, UNC, CUSE, etc.)

This "we have no business losing any more games" nonsense is just that—nonsense.

Aside from this being a quirky year with weekly upsets, Miami still has a brutally bad offensive line. Clemson exposed it and bold to believe that the Canes should just roll through the next six games.

Also, North Carolina's slow start at Florida State doesn't mean the Tar Heels will be any less of a pushover on December 5th. That game and the road game at Virginia Tech will be dogfights. Virginia's defense will come at the Canes porous o-line next week, as well—though that should absolutely be a winnable game.

North Carolina State, Georgia Tech and Wake Forest should be winnable games, as well—but the season isn't a "failure" if Miami somehow drops another game in this strange 2020, with a sub-par o-line.

This season is already stepping up to be a step forward from 6-7 last year (on the heels of a 7-9 run from Richt after the 10-0 start in 2017.)

The next step is for Miami to parlay that into a strong close to recruiting—as well as hitting the Portal hard again.

Advertisement
Losing to GT, FIU and LaTech was a failure. 9-2 the year after would be both an improvement and a disappointment, given there's nobody else on our schedule we shouldn't* beat.

Winning in Blacksburg in November is never an easy task.

Advertisement
There are 2 teams left that can legitimately beat us and we will need to be on our B+ game or better, to win: UNC and VT.

Do not sleep on VT. When Fuente first went there, I thought he would be successful right away and just when it looked like he was a bust, he turned things around last year and he has them playing well this year. Their O is legit. UNC's O is legit.

Both those teams will require a good game plan and maximum effort in order to come out with a W. I'm an optimist, so I believe we will make the proper adjustments so we do win those games, but I'm telling you, we could very easily lose to the Hokies or Heels if we are not dead serious about each game.

Definitely one of our easiest schedules I can remember. But we definitely struggle against any team with a defense not sure who that is from here on out.

Advertisement
Idk how you can look at our offensive output and assume we’ll win out. The tape is out there, if you follow the game plan you can beat Miami.

Bro, WTF are you talking about on offensive output. OK, Clemson shut us down. That's the #1 team. And then everyone was saying Pitt, whose D was 1st in the acc in yards per play, would follow that exact formula too. Miami scored the most points on them they've given up in regulation, and King had 4 TDs. I pray that other teams go ahead and try to copy Pitt and Clemson, since no one else has a defense even as good as Pitts.

Advertisement

Some basic math needed here. If you are 80% likely to win each of 5 games, you are still less than 1 in 3 likely to win all 5.

In the specific case of ESPN it seems like their model gives a huge bump to homefield. ESPN shows us more likely to beat UNC (at Miami) than Wake Forest (Miami away). I don't care where you are playing, that is just silly.

VT has had a huge cluster**** of a beginning season with like 20+ players missing games due to covid including qb and coaches including their DC. With that adversity even against ACC type schedule they have done decent enough.. Guessing that will be a tough game on the road

angry office space GIF

Advertisement
Back