Anyone worried about the middle of the Dline this year?

Sabetta

Junior
Premium
Ford was a Green Tree AA coming out of fall camp and flashed a few times and that’s about it. I know that Nesta was injured but when he was healthy he did very little. Miller is going into his 3rd year and was a developmental player. Holley and HH are gonna be RFr. To me, it’s a glaring issue unless two of those guys improve a ton without an off-season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
great question, the best DL in the country nonsense is fake news, no interior lineman at miami is higher than a 4th round pick right now
Not necessarily. Keep in mind there's going to be a lot of one on ones for our interior guys because the outside tackles will need help blocking our ends. Can't see offenses not giving help on those guys. I think Nesta is going to eat if he comes in healthy. Miller is going to occupy a lot of space. He needs more playing time in my opinion cause teams have problems running with him in the game. Hoping Ford plays like the beast looking man that he is.

Miami quietly had the #17 ranked defense in the country in YPG allowed rushing, and #10 in YPC allowed.

I know, I know....we stink, Manny stinks, Baker stinks, 4th and 17, we don't play anybody....oh, and we stink. Fake news. I understand that.

But Silvera was banged up to start the year last year, he's healthy. Ford is a senior. Chigozie and Bethel are losses, but I don't think they're gigantic losses. Miller really played well when he was in. And we keep hearing about the group of 2019 recruits we brought in at that spot. Could all be hot air, but you've got to figure with the praise they're drawing, at least one of them has to be a player.

I'm not worried about DT in the least bit.

I have 2, and only 2 concerns on the defense.

1. How quickly can Sam Brooks and Avery Huff learn the mental part of the game?
2. Can we find a dependable 2nd corner to play opposite of Al Blades?

If the answers to those 2 questions are 1. By conference play and 2. Yes...this will be a Top 15 defense again.

Advertisement
Ford was a Green Tree AA coming out of fall camp and flashed a few times and that’s about it. I know that Nesta was injured but when he was healthy he did very little. Miller is going into his 3rd year and was a developmental player. Holley and HH are gonna be RFr. To me, it’s a glaring issue unless two of those guys improve a ton without an off-season.

Not even a little worried.

Advertisement
I'll let you know after the Temple game.

I have no idea why posters are so down on Jon Ford. He is what he is. A run stuffing DT who might fall into a sack from time to time. Our run D was top 20 in the country mainly because of him. He does his job. He doesn’t need to be a sack master. That’s what we have Roche, Rousseau and Nesta for.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back