Anybody still think Streeter is coming back?

Advertisement
They are both coming back...First round money is not like it use to be before the new CBA agreement. If your not a sure top 10 pick as a junior might as well stay in college

Advertisement
Miller will not be a 1st round draft pick this year or next. RBs aren't drafted that high any more unless they are Adrian Peterson like. Look how late Ingram was picked and he won the Heisman and was highly productive. Miller may leave, but won't be a first and might not be a second with his shoulder problems. That said, it would probably be smart for him to leave because his stock won't change much.

Miller will not be a 1st round draft pick this year or next. RBs aren't drafted that high any more unless they are Adrian Peterson like. Look how late Ingram was picked and he won the Heisman and was highly productive. Miller may leave, but won't be a first and might not be a second with his shoulder problems. That said, it would probably be smart for him to leave because his stock won't change much.

Ingram stunk his junior year. Miller is having a much better season. And yes his shoulder problems are only more reason for him to leave

Streeter needs to learn to catch with his hands before he can even think about the NFL

Advertisement
There are too many backs better than Lamar coming out this year. ie: Trent Richardson, LaMike, Montee Ball, ect. He'll be a first round pick next year. Same with Streeter. This draft class is stacked at WR as well.

Streeter should come back. He needs to prove he can dominate consistently and, most importantly, improve his toughness. He has all the skills and measurables to be a 'go-to; WR. He needs to be alot more tougher mentally... The last Raising Canes episode (#40) was very telling.. He needs to build up his confidence cause the NFL is full of grown men. And they will treat him as such.. Not everyone is going to pat you on the back. And when you start getting a check, they expect perfection! A strong off-season of hard work could do wonders for Streeter mentally..

If I'm miller, I gone! Even if he comes back next year and stays healthy, NFL teams will always be concerned about shoulder issues. Lamar will raise his stock at the combine enough to get in the first round... 4.38 @ 215lbs & from THE U.... Teams wont pass up on that!

Advertisement
May get hammered for this, I like Miller, he is fast as h@ll buy i dont see the vision or toughness of an elite back. I think he is real good but lacks the ability to just make something happen. All that speed makes no difference if you cant see the play develop.

Advertisement
I never know nowadays but I'd say that they both should return and in fact Streeter needs to more than Miller. I see Miller as a Reggie Bush type back in the pros. He'll never be able to handle 20 carries a game or he'll be hurt in 3 games. But he's fast, he can catch, and he's an explosive threat. If somebody lets him play on third down, run it 8-10 times a game, and return kicks, he'll help them. I would never spend a first round pick on that. The reason I can't argue with him leaving is that he's maxed out IMO. The main problem is durability and next year won't help that and in fact might hurt his stock if he misses 6 games with a bad shoulder or something. Streeter on the other hand needs a lot of improvement. He's scratching the surface. He needs to get a lot stronger, more fluid, and to improve his hands. He's not NFL ready right now. Good corners will abuse him at the line and completely negate him and I'd be surprised if pro guys don't see that. His stock has the potential to increase a lot.

Streeter has had a great year and has made strides as a receiver......hats of to him and the coaching staff. He still does way to many things wrong as a receiver to be a 1st round pick.

He doesn't catch the ball correctly on 90% of his passes (uses his body far to much.....in fact he should have caught that ball against UVA at the end of the game if he used proper technique) and needs to work on his route running.

Big improvement, however, he has a long way to go.

Advertisement
Back