Anybody else just over recruiting in general.

I gave up after Patrick Johnson BS, I realized it’s all a fugazi, nothing matters until they produce on the field. All the premium access or behind the scenes or insider info is really meaningless. Being a Miami fan and following recruiting for two decades has taught me that five stars are far from guarantees and good attitude and work ethic can get you pretty far. Five stars that have work ethic and good attitudes are the best though.

Advertisement
And I don’t mean not following it. But being indifferent to everything you read. Am I just getting older? Boy has recruiting times charged. Kids visit your school and disrespect you in the same week. I can’t even get bothered by this crap show that is college football today. I live and die Canes football, but to continue to follow recruiting has become hard to do. I’m getting too old for this stuff.
I've really been that way this cycle after paying pretty close attention for the last 15 years

Advertisement
I don't really pay too much attention until signing day, won't even watch their videos unless they are Canes (ie., they signed).

And I don’t mean not following it. But being indifferent to everything you read. Am I just getting older? Boy has recruiting times charged. Kids visit your school and disrespect you in the same week. I can’t even get bothered by this crap show that is college football today. I live and die Canes football, but to continue to follow recruiting has become hard to do. I’m getting too old for this stuff.

giphy.gif

It's been a boring recruiting year so far, just a slow moving process this year

Advertisement

Bro, I been stop getting emotionally involved w/ recruiting. MT6 made me indifferent, but between the AH situation & then when Tyrique chose UGA after spending his entire life on our campus. Man, I’m always cautious about these kid’s “words & actions.”

Kudos to the OP for the balls to say what many think.

For me, it is a mixed bag. On the one hand, I love the thrill of hearing we landed a top recruit knowing there is hope for the future. On the other hand, I'm like "Why sweat this, check-in on signing day, and avoid the drama and the wasted hopes" we get who we get and that's the bottom line.

Advertisement
When you panic hire coaches, recruiting doesn't matter. I'll care about recruiting again when either Manny proves me wrong, or the school starts to care about winning. God willing, one of those things two happens in the next 9-10 months. I honestly don't care which at this point.

It's not that new. See: Bryant McFadden official visit 2000.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back