Anybody else just over recruiting in general.

Skip Cane

Recruit
And I don’t mean not following it. But being indifferent to everything you read. Am I just getting older? Boy has recruiting times charged. Kids visit your school and disrespect you in the same week. I can’t even get bothered by this crap show that is college football today. I live and die Canes football, but to continue to follow recruiting has become hard to do. I’m getting too old for this stuff.

Advertisement
Advertisement
And I don’t mean not following it. But being indifferent to everything you read. Am I just getting older? Boy has recruiting times charged. Kids visit your school and disrespect you in the same week. I can’t even get bothered by this crap show that is college football today. I live and die Canes football, but to continue to follow recruiting has become hard to do. I’m getting too old for this stuff.

after signing day, don’t come back to recruiting forum till may and once the season starts only pay attention during bye week and after regular season if you can. If we hit in July I’ll stop paying attention unless we are only sitting at 5 committs come end of July then I’ll come on here to read the comments from the usual suspects denouncing manny for entertainment.

just stick to the Atlantic or the herald during your down time from recruiting forum

but we both know you’ll keep coming like I will. Need a 12 step program for ci addiction

Advertisement
We have no standards and it's linked to the general social decay that is occurring.

I'm all for the individual being an individual and not just a conforming robot but these kids go over the top consistently. It's also enabled by the biggest bs excuses like "its just a kid being a kid" or "he was coerced to doing dumbsh1t". Respect, humility, and class has no age. Most of it is just common sense and common courtesy really no excuse for alot of the ****.

Advertisement
Grown men caring way too much about what children do with their lives.

To be fair isn’t that called being a college football fan? It’s like your wife walking into the room during a big game and saying, “ you’re a grown man but you care what these kids do on a football field?.”

Music, movies, sports… none of this **** matters. Entertainment never usually does

It gives us hope as well as a peek into the future. If we have a stud class lined up full of blue chips, I know I’m excited. I think back to our 2008 class and I legit thought we’d be champions by 2010. That said, there’s a fine line to walk. Stalking kids’ Twitter and IG pages? Well, that is a line I do not cross. Often.

42CA4F5D-E735-4851-9DE9-759D10BAC897.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back