Anybody else feel sorry for Manny?

By that logic, Blake lacked the necessary skills to be an effective AD. He was in over his head as well. Where does the buck stop in that regard? The president? The BoT?
You aren’t wrong. Organizations rarely do well in any business when the person at the very top is a poor decision maker. Bad owners in pro sports rarely win as they pick the wrong GM’s, who pick the wrong coaches and so on and so forth. UM‘s problems start at the very top for hiring James as AD.

Advertisement
Hard to feel bad for a guy that sucked at his job and made millions in the process. **** the fake tears for him.

At some point I felt bad for him early this year but then I think about him always talking about the Miami standard... .. and he has not lived up to it.

The team has shown no discipline in many key situations over his tenure and the buck always stops at the coach when those things happen.

Time to move on and not feel bad for anyone.

Advertisement
He's a slime ball that put injured players out there to try and save his own job. Nothing else needs to be said

It’s like feeling sorry for someone that found someone else’s lottery ticket and hit the jackpot.

Guy got somebody else’s job and made millions….hard to feel sorry for someone like that

I will say that i respect manny. He made any and all changes he felt necessary to get the program in the right direction, unlike any other coach we've had in 2 decades.

those changes obviously didn't produce the results but wish him the best at his next stop maybe a G5 spot.

feel bad? no, I think some of us forget how much money these coaches make. He'll be fine

Agree. To me, the bigger issue was Blake and the executive administration that hired Manny without doing a real search. He looked every bit the inexperienced coach he was.

This is not a job where a coach can expect a lot of time for on the job training. The fanbase is rightfully too frustrated for that and our expectations are too high for that.

Advertisement
Feel sorry for Manny? A child of privilege who got the job because his daddy was once the mayor that let the OB get torn down? Feel sorry for THAT Manny?

He held us back , played the far less talented upperclassman for 2-3 years and many more lowlights. But in a way I feel a tad sorry for him.

I mean…I honestly think the kid really loves this U. I also believe that Manny reads these boards because EVERYTHING we said he needed to do, he’s done it. Personally, it was a breath of fresh air to have a coach that wasn’t so fck’g stubborn and rigid. He has most of what you’d want in a coach, but he just didn’t have the most important thing a coach absolutely HAS TO have- the respect of the players.

These kids never respected Manny. They saw him for what he really was- a “fanboy “ who is/was enamored with their physical prowess and ability. A geeky, spoiled kid that never played in the trenches and thus, would do anything to be “cool” with the star athletes, so he never instilled any discipline whatsoever. He thought turnover chains and gimmicks would earn their respect, but it just emboldened these kids to be selfish, to mentally check in and out of games, dance and celebrate (even when getting our **** split open)- you know/ the **** most of us found utterly disgusting? He’s tried to be edgy, stoic, fun, free, etc., but NONE of that **** works when the kids don’t respect you. It’s fck’d up, but it is what it is.

Poor, geeky lispy *******…😕
This post makes me want to feel sorry for him. why do you need to insult the man in that manner? on one hand you say he did everything you wanted him to do and on the other hand you call him names. for the record no I do not feel sorry for him. I never feel sorry for someone who got paid millions to coach football. but I am not going to sit here and insult him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back