Anybody catch the Mike James Documentary on CNN? Pot vs Pills

Advertisement
Real chronic pain issues, is a huge concern. Its a very difficult day to day for people that live in that level of pain. His solution is to move away from pain pills and try new medical cannabis solutions, but the NFL turned him down, won't allow him to play. They rather have him popping pills that will clearly kill him in the short term. He has a wonderful family and a very supportive wife. He comes across as very intellectual, educated and great guy in the show. Did mention he played a the U.

Real chronic pain issues, is a huge concern. Its a very difficult day to day for people that live in that level of pain. His solution is to move away from pain pills and try new medical cannabis solutions, but the NFL turned him down, won't allow him to play. They rather have him popping pills that will clearly kill him in the short term. He has a wonderful family and a very supportive wife. He comes across as very intellectual, educated and great guy in the show. Did mention he played a the U.

It's a fkn travesty..I've been on the CBD for months now and when I dont get it my body can tell.

Advertisement
Mike James has never been anything but a stand up guy. I've never been in favor of anyone smoking pot, but if medical use is legal in his state and his need is clear then NFL is wrong. I understand that suddenly every player might start claiming addiction in order to just get high but that is an issue they should handle with detail investigation. We need to stop punishing everyone for the behavior of others.

I have had chronic pain for years. Fortunately I am completely aware of my addictive personality so I avoided any of the "good" pain drugs and learn to suffer. I did try the stem cell thing. The needles hurt bad enough to make me take script drugs. I promptly took too many and got sick as dog, so back to prayers and Lourdes water for me. Despite being teenager in the 60's, I've never smoke pot but if the day comes and I can't take the pain I would give it a try instead of today's pain pills.

Did you see Dwight Stevenson limp up to make Dolphins pick , imagine his knee pain he radiated it looked real bad.

GOCANES

Eugene Monroe really exposed the NFLs modern practices before he rerired.

They want their players doped up on and reliant on pills and reliant on localized injections.

The lack funding and research efforts by the NFL tells you all you need to know. They dont care...take pills n stfu.

Advertisement

They want their players doped up on and reliant on pills and reliant on localized injections.

The lack funding and research efforts by the NFL tells you all you need to know. They dont care...take pills n stfu.

Hard to not agree with this reply, anything money driven comes at a cost to keep money flow , but it would be nice to see the NFL pump some funds into to a solution .

It's getting to the point many including myself are shying away more and more from the NFL , I've turned down many tickets from factory representatives .I choose to not to go and watch trying at least more and more , college football all the way until they fall into same snare.

GOCANES

Advertisement

Monroe and his linemate Eben Britton.

Mark Stephnoski of the Cowboys was involved in NORML 20 years ago when his career ended...

I've never been a big "legalize it" guy even as a social libertarian because I found a lot of the pot proponents to be dishonest in their motives and very hyperbolic in their worship of all of the supposed benefits of it BUT if you're gonna pump football players full of Toradol and open every door possible for them to become pain killer pill addicts then you can't possibly make a case against letting them smoke- even if some of their compatriots have only taken up the cause because they like to do it for purely recreational purposes.

Advertisement
A few months after my most recent concussion I got on cbd oil and after 3.5 months straight of daily headaches I immediately went down to a few a week and then no physical symptoms at all within a month

I have no idea why we are so hesitant to legalize Marijuana and the cbd oils. We allow adults to drink and smoke cigaretts legally yet weed has such a stigma because someone in the 1950s said it was a gateway drug. I did far dumber **** and took harder drugs because of alcohol.

I've never been a big "legalize it" guy even as a social libertarian because I found a lot of the pot proponents to be dishonest in their motives and very hyperbolic in their worship of all of the supposed benefits of it BUT if you're gonna pump football players full of Toradol and open every door possible for them to become pain killer pill addicts then you can't possibly make a case against letting them smoke- even if some of their compatriots have only taken up the cause because they like to do it for purely recreational purposes.

Toradol is an NSAID. Like ibuprofen, in the sense that’s in the same class of drugs although it’s recommended to be used for a shorter term for other side effects unrelated to addiction.

It’s not addictive in any way, shape, or form..

It's not that they don't care, I just don't think there's a miracle cure for repeatedly running at top speed into 300lb men.

It's not that they don't care, I just don't think there's a miracle cure for repeatedly running at top speed into 300lb men.

They legit don't care. Same thing with concussions. The league is reactive like a sloth to the point they are negligent (see: lawsuits in the chute as we speak).

But on a more holistic level, players tell the league that this increasingly legal product works for them (regardless of the scientific information out there) and it falls on deaf ears.

Advertisement
Back