Anybody catch the Mike James Documentary on CNN? Pot vs Pills

Advertisement
Weed is the gate keeper...

tenor.gif

Legalize weed already and let these guys treat their pain in a better way.

Never understood how some people play politics with someone else's pain.

IF it helps them cope with their pain how is it a problem for anyone? The sad part is if it were happening to someone in their own family they'd do anything to help them alleviate their pain.

Why would anyone want chronic pain to be part of someone else' life ......unless you're a sadistic *******.

Monroe and his linemate Eben Britton.

Mark Stephnoski of the Cowboys was involved in NORML 20 years ago when his career ended...

Eben Britton would smoke before games. He was such a pothead he claimed it made him play better. That’s not the guy you want trying to get medical usuage legal.

Eben Britton would smoke before games. He was such a pothead he claimed it made him play better. That’s not the guy you want trying to get medical usuage legal.

He must have REALLY sucked when he was sober then

Advertisement
Thanks for sharing. Just watched the episode. Lot of people on the wrong side of history on this one.

I hadn't smoked in years, but got the oil thru a buddy and bought the usb charged stem pipe from a local head shop. No weed smell and the wife has no idea ol boy ballin again. Been enjoying nba playoffs more, but I did have to buy more healthy snacks like smoothies, nuts and fruit because ain't no getting around the munchies.

Never eat after you smoke. It destroys the high and burns you out. Smoke after you eat.

Advertisement
Euphoria and relaxation may temporarily help with the perception of pain, but they don’t block pain receptors. Just like when you have a toothache, if you are momentarily distracted, you may not feel the pain as intensely for a few minutes. There is also something called the placebo effect.

But science is science. It requires reproducibility and is unforgiving. As it should be.

There’s just a lot of wishful thinking and pseudoscience when it comes to this as there has been with a lot of other stuff.

People aren’t just very well educated when it comes to scientific principles. It’s not very well taught in our schools.

Not trying to argue here but the medicinal values of THC and CBD have been proven scientifically. That's why Marinol is a prescription drug. It's synthetic THC. And it's schit compared to the real thing.

ETA: Much of the research on these substances has been stymied by .gov because it's scheduled the same as heroin and LSD. It's very hard to do research. Hopefully congress will change that in the near future. The people have already spoken.

Last edited:
Not trying to argue here but the medicinal values of THC and CBD have been proven scientifically. That's why Marinol is a prescription drug. It's synthetic THC. And it's schit compared to the real thing.

That’s ok, my friend. Nobody uses Marinol that I know of. I mean there may be some out there, I’m just not aware of it.

Marinol, is not indicated for pain, though, and I don’t think it would work. I don’t think there’s a single valid double blind peer reviewed clinical trial that shows efficacy in the use of cannabinoids in the treatment of pain.

I’m not blowing hot air. I have some expertise in the R&D and FDA requirements as related to the drug approval process, and I have yet to come across this data. Would love to see these studies if they exist. As you know, in science, anecdotal evidence is useless.

By the way, Marinol is just used for wasting/anorexia in AIDS patients and as an anti-nausea med for chemo patients. That’s it. But mostly, it just sits on shelves collecting dust, as far as I know.

That’s ok, my friend. Nobody uses Marinol that I know of. I mean there may be some out there, I’m just not aware of it.

Marinol, is not indicated for pain, though, and I don’t think it would work. I don’t think there’s a single valid double blind peer reviewed clinical trial that shows efficacy in the use of cannabinoids in the treatment of pain.

I’m not blowing hot air. I have some expertise in the R&D and FDA requirements as related to the drug approval process, and I have yet to come across this data. Would love to see these studies if they exist. As you know, in science, anecdotal evidence is useless.

By the way, Marinol is just used for wasting/anorexia in AIDS patients and as an anti-nausea med for chemo patients. That’s it. But mostly, it just sits on shelves collecting dust, as far as I know.

I knew a couple of people that were prescribed Marinol and they just ended up smoking flowers instead. Yes marinol is not used for pain but that doesn't mean that there aren't compounds in marijuana that don't provide pain relief.

Here are some studies for you to glance at https://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000884#pain

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2503660/#!po=17.5000

I knew a couple of people that were prescribed Marinol and they just ended up smoking flowers instead. Yes marinol is not used for pain but that doesn't mean that there aren't compounds in marijuana that don't provide pain relief.

Here are some studies for you to glance at https://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000884#pain

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2503660/#!po=17.5000

Thanks for the links.

I had forgotten about the Canadian experience from 15 years ago because that kind of fizzled. Nobody talks about it much.

First link quotes a lot of studies but no original sources and it’s from a pro cannabis site. I’m not familiar with most of these studies and they’re each like 2 paragraphs. Unless it’s published in one of the top peer reviewed journals I have to look at each one by one to review its merits.

The second link is a NIH retrospective of all available data, I think most is from Canada where Sativex is approved. The data there is borderline.

Here is a more recent link, with their conclusion. This link documents any trials conducted.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29017688. (From the National Institute of Health)

“CONCLUSION: The public perception of the efficacy, tolerability, and safety of cannabis-based medicines in pain management and palliative medicine conflicts with the findings of systematic reviews and prospective observational studies conducted according to the standards of evidence-based medicine.”

Here’s my bottom line. I think there may be some possible mild beneficial analgesia for some people with CBD or some other forms of cannabinoids. It would be dumb of me to say never. The data just isn’t there as I see it.

Here’s my other bottom line. I have no objection to it’s adjuvant use and it should be decriminalized as far as I’m concerned.

If people want it, and they think it helps, let them have it. Even if it’s placebo effect, who cares. I mean it’s available recreationally in several states anyway. That ship has already sailed.

RL Wynn’s review of a VA funded study review published in the Annals of Internal Medicine is a very accessible review for the layman and gives the most current state of where the current science is on the use in pain

http://www.wolterskluwercdi.com/blog/cannabis_chronic_pain_effective/

Again, hardly any efficacy, but let people use it, I have no problem.

Advertisement
Thanks for the links.

I had forgotten about the Canadian experience from 15 years ago because that kind of fizzled. Nobody talks about it much.

First link quotes a lot of studies but no original sources and it’s from a pro cannabis site. I’m not familiar with most of these studies and they’re each like 2 paragraphs. Unless it’s published in one of the top peer reviewed journals I have to look at each one by one to review its merits.

The second link is a NIH retrospective of all available data, I think most is from Canada where Sativex is approved. The data there is borderline.

Here is a more recent link, with their conclusion. This link documents any trials conducted.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29017688. (From the National Institute of Health)

“CONCLUSION: The public perception of the efficacy, tolerability, and safety of cannabis-based medicines in pain management and palliative medicine conflicts with the findings of systematic reviews and prospective observational studies conducted according to the standards of evidence-based medicine.”

Here’s my bottom line. I think there may be some possible mild beneficial analgesia for some people with CBD or some other forms of cannabinoids. It would be dumb of me to say never. The data just isn’t there as I see it.

Here’s my other bottom line. I have no objection to it’s adjuvant use and it should be decriminalized as far as I’m concerned.

If people want it, and they think it helps, let them have it. Even if it’s placebo effect, who cares. I mean it’s available recreationally in several states anyway. That ship has already sailed.

RL Wynn’s review of a VA funded study review published in the Annals of Internal Medicine is a very accessible review for the layman and gives the most current state of where the current science is on the use in pain

http://www.wolterskluwercdi.com/blog/cannabis_chronic_pain_effective/

Honest questions. Have you ever smoked or eaten MJ? Ever taken CBD oil?

Advertisement
Never understood how some people play politics with someone else's pain.

IF it helps them cope with their pain how is it a problem for anyone? The sad part is if it were happening to someone in their own family they'd do anything to help them alleviate their pain.

Why would anyone want chronic pain to be part of someone else' life ......unless you're a sadistic *******.
They still have that “wacky weed” stigma on their minds

Advertisement
Back