Any word on Nesta?

Advertisement
They just hate him because of his personality I guess.
There’s been some times where he wasn’t doing much of anything and probably got a little carried away after making a play

But he also brought a lot of energy to a defense that was totally devoid of it

He would be one of the last guys I would criticize on the D this year but that’s just me

They just hate him because of his personality I guess.
I think they just hate him because they had unrealistic expectations when he signed. If your a highly recruited DT and you end up not being the second coming of Jerome Brown you're a jag on this board, it's always black and white for these posters, never any shades of grey. He's a **** good DT and would add experience and physicality to the tackle room...hope he comes back but I wish him all the best whatever he decides.

He could definitely benefit from an extra year, but all depends on the sweet nothings whispered in his ear by Pete/FRM.

Advertisement
I just Went through the top 10 dts from Nesta’s class on this list and he’s by far the most productive dt on here. A lot of y’all place unrealistic expectations on him. Has he been a dominant dt at Miami probably not but he’s been productive and plays hard for sure. All the other highly rated dts on their list are “Busts” Nesta is not especially if you go by productivity

Barmore and Jordan Davis blow nesta out the water unfortunately

Neither of them had elite grades as the top 10 or even inside the top 15. Reading comprehension is key..
Yea I understood that part but point is do their grades even matter at this point? when both of those guys I mentioned will be 1st & 2nd round picks and w/ nesta most likely not going that early in the draft.

Advertisement
Yea I understood that part but point is do their grades even matter at this point? when both of those guys I mentioned will be 1st & 2nd round picks and w/ nesta most likely not going that early in the draft.
Most likely not going early 🤔😂 on what planet is he an early pick? Nesta has been good here. Good not great and certainly not exceptional. He’s a good D-1 football player.
Fwiw Leonard outperformed him last season and he’s absolutely the better of the two. Nesta could use another year to improve his stock.

Last edited:
This reminds of the Shaq slander.

A lot of ”fans” lacking any real football knowledge or perspective not wanting a productive player back.

Would it benefit the team for Nesta to return for the 2022 season?

Does our new coach want him to return in 2022?

If your answer wasn’t yes to both questions, you have a room temperature football IQ.

Advertisement
This reminds of the Shaq slander.

A lot of ”fans” lacking any real football knowledge or perspective not wanting a productive player back.

Would it benefit the team for Nesta to return for the 2022 season?

Does our new coach want him to return in 2022?

If your answer wasn’t yes to both questions, you have a room temperature football IQ.
I always felt he underperformed, be never really took advantage of all that was given him to utilize to his and teams benefit.

I had a feeling every time watching Nesta play that there was way more there that wasn’t tapped into besides war paint on his face.

I wanted him to be the next Sapp .

Well when he free agents to the NFL he’ll see he should have trained way more then he ever thought he needed to , I’m sure he’s been told this .

GOCANES

let it go GIF

Advertisement
Football is about bullying the shlt out of other people.

But not your own teammates.

I made the Nesta/cancer post months ago, and one of the Maudes pulled it because he thought I got it from one particular source, but I had actually heard it from multiple sources.

Obviously, opinions may differ, but I have been hearing for a while that things will get better once Nesta gets his diploma.

I understand the numbers issue, so that's why we'll hit the Portal. And if Nesta does come back, I hope he improves his outlook.

Some guys are obsessed with 3-4 over 4-3, but the reality is, we need an attitude adjustment on our defense.

Nesta gets flash plays and them hustle plays stand out too. Do I defend Nesta? Of course because this narrative that he isn’t good or doesn’t play hard is ridiculous. Some of these guys can’t be watching games

Re-read the thread, Brock. There is also a narrative that he is problematic as a teammate. I realize there are a lot of guys who watch all these games from 1,000 miles away, and thus want to judge everything by what they see on tee-vee, but there are some chemistry issues that create bad TEAM outcomes. Sure, Nesta has some good INDIVIDUAL traits that you can see on video, but there's more to it than just being an individual.

If you can play at Warren Sapp's level, then maybe people can ignore the toxic stuff. If not...

Nesta gets flash plays and that’s what people remember. They lose focus when he goes awol the rest of the game. Nobody on our DL was a difference maker and that’s why the defense sucks. Other than Taylor ( potential) we have no dudes. It’s been so long since we’ve had difference makers that people forget what that looks like.
I disagree with two points. Nesta doesn't only make "flash" plays. He makes effort plays as well. There's been countless times Nesta has hustled his *** off on a play where an opposing player broke loose but yet Nesta's the one making the tackle 10+ yards down the field. The guy isn't consistent, that's a fair assessment. To say he only makes flash plays isn't.

What would you call J. Philips, G. Rousseau, G. Willis, R. McIntosh, T. Harris, C. Thomas?

No need to exaggerate to make your point.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back