Any word on Nesta?

You sound deranged, get some help
How about you actually try talking some football instead of bringing up how many tackles he had. If he’s such an impactful player then why does Jordan have the same amount of sacks and TFLs that it took Nesta 4 years to amount? You just said he was worse. Stats say you’re full of it.

Advertisement
Nesta gets flash plays and that’s what people remember. They lose focus when he goes awol the rest of the game. Nobody on our DL was a difference maker and that’s why the defense sucks. Other than Taylor ( potential) we have no dudes. It’s been so long since we’ve had difference makers that people forget what that looks like.
Nesta gets flash plays and them hustle plays stand out too. Do I defend Nesta? Of course because this narrative that he isn’t good or doesn’t play hard is ridiculous. Some of these guys can’t be watching games

Nesta gets flash plays and that’s what people remember. They lose focus when he goes awol the rest of the game. Nobody on our DL was a difference maker and that’s why the defense sucks. Other than Taylor ( potential) we have no dudes. It’s been so long since we’ve had difference makers that people forget what that looks like.
Exactly. But man when they see his fat *** chase after a QB that he’s never gonna sack once a game.

Gerald Willis was the last DT difference maker I remember

Nesta gets flash plays and them hustle plays stand out too. Do I defend Nesta? Of course because this narrative that he isn’t good or doesn’t play hard is ridiculous. Some of these guys can’t be watching games
He isn’t. Cribby just said the same thing Einstein.

Advertisement
This right here. Taylor did not take a snap first 3 games and barely played in the 4th. 7.5 TFLs and 2 sacks and still got a lot less reps than Silvera.

I promise you Mario looks at our defensive roster and is like “ wtf is this “ lol.

I do feel like Elijah has the ability to break out but he was jacked around by the idiot that was fired. Bouncing him from dt to de and never allowing him to master one position. He had flashes when he hit 10-16 snaps then he’d go down to 3 plays the next game. They totally mismanaged him and LT for that matter.

I missed most of this, and am thankful I did.

Is nesta maybe overrated when considering the potential many of us saw in him? Yeah I’d say so.

Is Jordan Miller better than him or even in the same stratosphere? Absolutely not; that’s an asinine statement. Honestly, Miller could be a sneaky portal candidate if he doesn’t drop some weight and get more explosive.

JHH has been disappointing imo, but I’m hoping that’s a product of the previous regime. Nesta was better than both, but it still doesn’t mean he was the Miami-caliber DT we all saw out of high school.

I just don’t get the aggressive opinion on either end. It’s like Antifa vs. The Proud Boys in here - there can be a middle ground where he’s disappointed, but is better than most alternatives. Now the alleged emotional meltdowns and being all big talk with no bite? I can’t really comment on that without really knowing, but I will say he’s the king of celebrating anything remotely good he does to the max extent. Wish he’d follow that up with another good play instead of being wiped out…I think another year under his belt (especially under Mario) would do wonders.

Never showed up against equally talented players. Hardly won one on ones. I don't know how this is shocking, I am shocked that you are all watching the same player as I am.
Seems like just the other day, everyone was creaming over his dance video with his traitor homies on the last recruiting visit. IMO, he didn't live up to the hype....

Advertisement
I think people are confusing his attitude and love for the canes with his ability and production on the field

in comparison to the RJ McIntosh's, Gerald Willis', etc of the world, Nesta was a step or two below and a good solid rotational player but nothing we can't replace quickly

I missed most of this, and am thankful I did.

Is nesta maybe overrated when considering the potential many of us saw in him? Yeah I’d say so.

Is Jordan Miller better than him or even in the same stratosphere? Absolutely not; that’s an asinine statement. Honestly, Miller could be a sneaky portal candidate if he doesn’t drop some weight and get more explosive.

JHH has been disappointing imo, but I’m hoping that’s a product of the previous regime. Nesta was better than both, but it still doesn’t mean he was the Miami-caliber DT we all saw out of high school.

I just don’t get the aggressive opinion on either end. It’s like Antifa vs. The Proud Boys in here - there can be a middle ground where he’s disappointed, but is better than most alternatives. Now the alleged emotional meltdowns and being all big talk with no bite? I can’t really comment on that without really knowing, but I will say he’s the king of celebrating anything remotely good he does to the max extent. Wish he’d follow that up with another good play instead of being wiped out…I think another year under his belt (especially under Mario) would do wonders.
Agree

Advertisement
If Nesta was any good, he would be in the NFL. Are we really bragging about him playing hard? Miss me with that noise. This guy disappears all the time throughout the games and is only noticed with his extra celebration BS when he makes a play. Mind you, many of them are routine plays. Dude has always been overrated.

I promise you Mario looks at our defensive roster and is like “ wtf is this “ lol.

I do feel like Elijah has the ability to break out but he was jacked around by the idiot that was fired. Bouncing him from dt to de and never allowing him to master one position. He had flashes when he hit 10-16 snaps then he’d go down to 3 plays the next game. They totally mismanaged him and LT for that matter.
So Nesta sticking around hurts us? You don't think under Mario his play gets cleaned up abit? Serious questions btw im not playing devil's advocate.

Advertisement
I just Went through the top 10 dts from Nesta’s class on this list and he’s by far the most productive dt on here. A lot of y’all place unrealistic expectations on him. Has he been a dominant dt at Miami probably not but he’s been productive and plays hard for sure. All the other highly rated dts on their list are “Busts” Nesta is not especially if you go by productivity

Advertisement
Back