Any Theories On Why Stacy Coley Turned Into Khalil Jones?

He's only really put a stamp on three or four games in his career. I hate the fact that he hasn't proven to be elite but it's the truth.

I'll say. He's a very explosive player and special. But he hasn't reached elite yet due to inconsistency. He is an elite talent but he must play like it consistently, all the tools are there. Great player, he CAN be elite. The only thing stopping him is more consistency.

I mean, the kid had over 1400 yards last year and 10 TDs and wasn't a starter when the first few games kicked off.

He was just as productive as Cooper and Watkins as freshman. Did he get as many targets his way? No, we had two established already in Hurns and Dorsett and Waters was just starting to scratch in. Those guys, Cooper and Watkins. Their teams didn't have a go to or established guy when they walked into their respective schools at the position.

I know everyone is frustrated with what's going on, but I'm keeping a level head here. He is a special player, but he needs to become consistent. That is the final piece. Elite talent but must live up to it. Consistency is the key here, he must find his confidence and get to it. Still got plenty time left.

Advertisement
Coley has two injured shoulders that are still healing. He should be rested in order to heal properly.

Go Canes

Link for that, or are you just making more **** up?

Stacy Coley is being squandered. He's our second best offensive threat, and he's relegated to catching ill-conceived screens.

It has been talked about at length both on here and other sites, Al Golden even mentioned it during his WQAM interview this week, so go dig it up since you haven't been paying attention.

http://wqam.com/2014/09/30/al-golden-17/

An here is a WQAM Interview with Beat writer Matt Porter talking about Coley's injury hampering his play.
http://wqam.com/2014/09/30/matt-porter-24/

Go Canes

Last edited:
Some of the issue — though it’s unclear how much — is a bruised right shoulder. He suffered that while returning a punt Sept. 6 against Florida A&M.

“He’s healthy now, so let’s throw that out,” coach Al Golden said. “It’s one of our challenges right now: get him going and let him not think about it. Just go play.”

Coley was a little less definitive. “It doesn’t hurt me at all. It doesn’t bother me,” he said of the shoulder injury. “It does, but it doesn’t have a big impact. I’ve just got to stay focused, and when the ball’s in the air, just concentrate.”

Not going to give up on the kid. He has had a rough start to the year but lately we have had a ton of kids struggle and then bust out late in their careers and none have Coley's talent. Hankerson couldn't catch a cold for 2 and half years and broke records as a senior. Hurns was a below average WR until his senior year. Streeter couldn't get on the field until his last year. Davon Johnson even turned some heads his senior year. Someone already mentioned Dorsett. Coley will be fine once he is back to 100% and hopefully he gets used for more than bubble screens.

Agreed moshated, my recollection of Coley's high school attitude problems were not laziness, but getting frustrated and coming down too hard on his less talented teammates. I also remember being incredibly impressed by his intelligence after an online q&a. Intelligence and desire tell me he has the potential for significant improvement.

Who knows, maybe he bet on the wrong horse this summer and isn't yet on the same page as our freshman phenom. I bet Kaaya gets with him and makes it right by the end of the season, though.

Advertisement
Agreed moshated, my recollection of Coley's high school attitude problems were not laziness, but getting frustrated and coming down too hard on his less talented teammates. I also remember being incredibly impressed by his intelligence after an online q&a. Intelligence and desire tell me he has the potential for significant improvement.

Who knows, maybe he bet on the wrong horse this summer and isn't yet on the same page as our freshman phenom. I bet Kaaya gets with him and makes it right by the end of the season, though.

That's what I've been feeling. Once Kaaya and Coley get on same page. Gonna pay off big time. They got to get into a rhythm.

I still can't believe Coley, although a very explosive playmaker, was even placed in the same sentence as Sammy and Amari! Come on man, those 2 along with maybe A.J. Green and maybe Marquise Lee (pre injury) are in a class of their own on the college level as receivers. Coley is good and all, but he's not even our biggest play making threat on this team at receiver. See Phil Dorsett

the talent is there. needs to put in more work with the ball machines and work on his hand eye coordination. too many drops

I've seen this thread before hmmmm let me think; oh yeah after the FAU game, then puff all the cats talking **** disappeared real quick. You dudes just don't learn, but a hard head make a soft behind.

Advertisement
He must be nicked because he's playing small out there. Last season he was narrow but ran tall, upright and confident, like the end zone was always a possibility. Fantastic glider. Now he's ducking early, like protection is the priority, whether it's a return or pass route. Doesn't even resemble the same guy.

This game should feature some open spaces, based on how pathetic Georgia Tech's pass defense has been at times. Could be a breakout play or several, like last year's Pittsburgh game. Doesn't have to be Coley. Somebody among our receiving corps.

Advertisement
Back