Any Theories On Why Stacy Coley Turned Into Khalil Jones?

WhatTheHell

"WE CANT DEMAND PERFECTION.”
Banned
I blame James' clunky play calling and love for all things screen.

A kid of his talent level should be maximized and be a major offensive weapon with a heavy usage rate.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't think he's especially good at running routes, catching the ball, blocking, returning kickoffs. Tremendous athlete but I just don't see an elite WR. Not even close.

As much as i want to blame it on the coaches, my dawg Coley is struggling. Homeboy is playing scccccaaaaaarrrrrrreedddddd! Remove him from PR duties for now until he gets his mojo back.. Otherwise, Put Elder back there.!

Coley has two injured shoulders that are still healing. He should be rested in order to heal properly.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Looks like he is to busy moping. Some of that has to be frustration from play calling. His weight room numbers also suggest he spent the off season doing jack ****.

Wide open deep ball, played it off his hip, predictable results. The injury thing flew for the first 3 weeks, but you have to catch that pass.

Why would Kaaya keep going back to him when Waters is running the same routes as Coley and actually catching the ball?

Coley is, in my opinion, our second best player and we need to knock it off with this bubble screen crap, but he has not done anything to warrant Kaaya's faith yet either.

Coley has two injured shoulders that are still healing. He should be rested in order to heal properly.

Go Canes

Link for that, or are you just making more **** up?

Stacy Coley is being squandered. He's our second best offensive threat, and he's relegated to catching ill-conceived screens.

Advertisement
If his injury was considered serious he wouldn't be returning kicks and catching screens. Stop making excuses for him.

Simple explanation:

> In the first two games he injured himself on returns. Solution: Take him off both KR and PR because he is too frail and hasn't been productive anyway.
> Bad play-calling. About 90% of the balls thrown Coley's way have been bubble screens. Solution: Give him some other routes.

Other than the major drop last weekend and the fumbled backwards pass, what has Stacey Coley done badly?

Advertisement
He's played shook since Louisville. He might be still banged up but he sulks an awful lot on the field. Some guys can work through their issues and some guys mope. I don't think he's quite the latter, but his injuries combined with his big drops and general inactivity on offense has led to a detached/disengaged approach to the games.

He's played shook since Louisville. He might be still banged up but he sulks an awful lot on the field. Some guys can work through their issues and some guys mope. I don't think he's quite the latter, but his injuries combined with his big drops and general inactivity on offense has led to a detached/disengaged approach to the games.

Which is the same attitude that some detractors felt was a knock on him coming out of HS.

Advertisement
Back