Any friend or family members played College or Pro football....

You from Tampa? I played with Earl in HS. His first year ever playing football was at the end of his freshman during spring. He was solely a basketball player before that point. Played AAU. The coaches brought him in because he was built solid like a tank and could dunk a basketball.
Nah I'm from Cocoa. Hurley Brown hooked me up with him to take him to Miami with me.

Advertisement
I was in the marching band (middle school) with Chad Thomas. **** near begged him to go to Norland High and join the marching band because he was a great musician (glad he didnt listen lol). Went to school with Duke/Ereck at Norland. Wasnt actual friends with either. Had Drama class with Ereck my freshman year, and never saw Duke cuz he was either in class or on the football side of the school (Band / football area was on opposite sides).
Edit: forgot to mention. I played 1 year of optimist with Stephen Morris and lit him up on kick return practice. Never spoke to him though.

Last edited:
Late husband played for the Canes under Coach Andy Gus and semi-pro ball with both the Jacksonville (FL) Bears & Daytona Beach Thunderbirds. Son played for UCF under Coach Lou Saban. Went to the hall of fame induction in Canton in the mid 80's when Coach Saban introduced OJ Simpson and we got to visit with them, along with Joe Willie Namath and Roger Staubach. O.J. was quite charismatic, Joe Willie still made women feel very special and Staubach was a real nice gentleman.

Husband played w/Jim Otto @ Miami and Don Breaux QB of the Broncos who initially played for the Jax Bears. Don later coached w/Joe Gibbs at FSU, Arkansas, then Wash. Redskins and retired with the Carolina Panthers. A big part of my life has centered around football. My grandchildren get a kick out of the fact that their old Grandma knows so much about football.
And I do remember your late husband as a RB for the Canes. Probably watched him play in the OB. Part of my growing up in Miami.

Advertisement
My cousin played for Miami in the 80s - Bubba McDowell
I grew up around a lot of the former players, especially Hurley Brown who's a close family friend. Used to get invited to the JR day and bbq's around spring. Hung out with Duke John and was there when Deon Bush made his commitment to the []_[]. Brought Earl Moore on a recruiting trip, he committed the same day. Went to school with Rashawn Scott's sister, so I've know him for a while. Been close to the program since a git.
Had dinner with Jerome Bettis, hes my friends dads best friend. Met Eddie Gorge in Orlando outside of the Camping World Stadium when we beat West Virginia. Really cool dude, and f$%king huge!!
I'm cool with Chancey Gardener who just played at Florida, Marcus Maye is also from around the way. Hung out with Chris Johnson a few times downtown Orlando, whole crew is cool af!!!
Must be from Merritt Island. I'm from Cocoa Beach. My former HS coach at Cocoa Beach later took M.I. to state championship, I believe in early '70's. Derrick Brown was probably at M.I. around time of Bubba and Hurley.

Advertisement
Played with Burton Lawless (Charlotte High Fightin' Tarpons Punta Gorda). He was an AA in college at Florida and called the best Gator pulling guard ever. Cowboys 2nd round pick and the first ever rookie starter for the Cowboys and the only rookie starting in Super Bowl X. He was with Cowboys for two more Super Bowls, even got a cup-of-coffee stop with the Dolphins as back up Kuchenbeurg at the end of one season.

I played NAIA Ball and as a Freshman starter got to play against Roland "Bay" Lawrence who did everything, never left the field, even kicked. He was a pro-bowler with the Falcons. That same year gave up the only sack of my college career to Ed Smith from Nassau, Bahamas - he played for the Broncos for 3 years.

Played a lot of football from junior high through college and of all the thousands of opponents/teammates - that's it.

How was it a disaster? Arkansas has had 3 or 4 teams worth a darn since Hatfield left due to Broyles meddling. The 88 team was a legit team, if Atwater holds on to that Steve Walsh duck of a throw at the of the game....
I've known Hatfield since the 70s.

My cousin played for the Patriots and caught Brady's 1st Superbowl pass ever.

I lowkey wish I had that ball!

Advertisement
Must be from Merritt Island. I'm from Cocoa Beach. My former HS coach at Cocoa Beach later took M.I. to state championship, I believe in early '70's. Derrick Brown was probably at M.I. around time of Bubba and Hurley.
From Cocoa, and went to Rockledge High. My family is all around Brevard. I definitely remember Derrick Brown too, never met him tho.

My best friend played a year at Army and then transferred to a D-III school because he was literally the worst Cadet in the history of the school. My cousin played at Drake, but he’s an FSU fan.

Advertisement
I was in the marching band (middle school) with Chad Thomas. **** near begged him to go to Norland High and join the marching band because he was a great musician (glad he didnt listen lol). Went to school with Duke/Ereck at Norland. Wasnt actual friends with either. Had Drama class with Ereck my freshman year, and never saw Duke cuz he was either in class or on the football side of the school (Band / football area was on opposite sides).
Edit: forgot to mention. I played 1 year of optimist with Stephen Morris and lit him up on kick return practice. Never spoke to him though.

My cuz was on that state champ team with duke. Started at DT and OL @Astcloud11

Played with Burton Lawless (Charlotte High Fightin' Tarpons Punta Gorda). He was an AA in college at Florida and called the best Gator pulling guard ever. Cowboys 2nd round pick and the first ever rookie starter for the Cowboys and the only rookie starting in Super Bowl X. He was with Cowboys for two more Super Bowls, even got a cup-of-coffee stop with the Dolphins as back up Kuchenbeurg at the end of one season.

I played NAIA Ball and as a Freshman starter got to play against Roland "Bay" Lawrence who did everything, never left the field, even kicked. He was a pro-bowler with the Falcons. That same year gave up the only sack of my college career to Ed Smith from Nassau, Bahamas - he played for the Broncos for 3 years.

Played a lot of football from junior high through college and of all the thousands of opponents/teammates - that's it.

A bahamian legend..his son even played in the nfl for almost a decade. @Silver King

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Smith_(tight_end)

Advertisement
Back