Any Details: Ivins Latest ?

Advertisement
247 is like $5 a month. Journalism, music and anything else media related other than podcasting is dead.

I legit don't know what people expect from Ivins. Basically no camps, no HS football, nothing really tangible from spring practice to follow up on, no recruiting visits etc. The guy is probably desperately trying to hold onto his job at this point.

Advertisement
Yeah, I just don’t think any of the local or national guys have a decent source inside the program anymore. There’s been a ton of football staff turnover the last few years even at the lower levels and that probably has a lot do with the insider sauces drying up. Honestly, reading the boards here and knowing who to pay attention to will probably get you as much or more inside info as you get on the pay sites.

He also does this expertly, never really putting himself into an either/or situation or into a corner. Everything's vague and there is probably a qualifier in there to cushion any hurt feelings the fanbase might have toward him.

That said, I don't mind Ivins. He's a **** of a lot better than any UM reporter that I've read over the past few decades.

its also recruiting too. so even the most concrete info is take it with a grain of salt till a kid signs

Didn’t Ferman call James Williams awhile ago? Ferman sucks but he got that ken right.

Idk, I stopped going to that website after seeing him miss on many others. Him and Pete were the worst.

Also, I believe Ivins is instructed not to report on certain things.

Advertisement
Have any of you spoke to him? I have and he gets good info. He’s so realizes he’s dealing with kids. Sometimes he doesn’t let out info because kids ask him not too. I like Pete but he feed you guys info that was 80-90% wrong and you guys worshipped him on this board. Ivins is a reporter not trying to be their friend
If kids ask not to let out info then why would he say, "gonna be tough to beat Saban for Marshall"?

If he was asked either by Marshall or Bama not to say anything, wouldn't him saying that go directly against what they asked him not to say?

Advertisement
Site is probably better off. Ivins is a hack with zero sources and never got the sense he enjoyed covering the program. Gaby was a good addition
Gaby wants nothing more than to be Ivins sooo....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back