Any Details: Ivins Latest ?

Advertisement
I don't hate Ivins or have any kind of axe to grind with him, I respect what he does & definitely understand the delicacy he has to handle with certain situations but sometimes it just doesn't make sense to give a half assed update if there's really nothing to update. He shouldn't say a word on Marshall until he knows for a fact what he's saying even if he's been asked to hold back certain info & not say everything he knows.

I work in publishing, and it doesn't matter if he has nothing to say. He probably has deadlines and set articles that need to be written regardless of whether there's real content or not. It's a business for him, so people criticizing him for putting up fluff don't understand the man needs to eat. Plus, with a consumer base that is rabid for any type of information, these pieces, despite seeming like utter BS to folks who know and understand recruiting, are a necessary evil if he wants his site to be successful.

Advertisement
Even the big time Ivins fans on here have to admit, that was some bullshìt "update".

Not an ounce of anything viable in it, just a whole lotta ultra safe super fluff.

And I'm not subscribed, I saw it on a IG page.

Here's the thing about the Marshall update, what purpose does it serve to even say that? "Gonna be tough to pull from Saban.." Uhhh yeah no shìt, nobody thinks it's an easy walk in the park, so what was the point?

If he knows but he's not trying to spoil his moment, then he didn't even need to mention it, there was no reason to bend the knee prematurely to almighty Saban & Bama if he has no idea what's happening. If he knows that Marshall is committing to Bama then log in a CB & say why you feel that way, what's the point of sucking off Bama in the midst of a heated battle for a 5-star CB if he doesn't have any info going in either direction?

I don't hate Ivins or have any kind of axe to grind with him, I respect what he does & definitely understand the delicacy he has to handle with certain situations but sometimes it just doesn't make sense to give a half assed update if there's really nothing to update. He shouldn't say a word on Marshall until he knows for a fact what he's saying even if he's been asked to hold back certain info & not say everything he knows.

It’s like having a new Madden every year when it’s just an expensive roster update. Need to keep that money train rolling.

Is there ever a recruit that’s an easy pull from $atan/Baga?

Even the big time Ivins fans on here have to admit, that was some bullshìt "update".

Not an ounce of anything viable in it, just a whole lotta ultra safe super fluff.

And I'm not subscribed, I saw it on a IG page.

Here's the thing about the Marshall update, what purpose does it serve to even say that? "Gonna be tough to pull from Saban.." Uhhh yeah no shìt, nobody thinks it's an easy walk in the park, so what was the point?

If he knows but he's not trying to spoil his moment, then he didn't even need to mention it, there was no reason to bend the knee prematurely to almighty Saban & Bama if he has no idea what's happening. If he knows that Marshall is committing to Bama then log in a CB & say why you feel that way, what's the point of sucking off Bama in the midst of a heated battle for a 5-star CB if he doesn't have any info going in either direction?

LCE continually one of this board's most (ahem only) thoughtful posters

one thing i will add to this is that the job of a 247 reporter is unique compared to other sports reporting jobs because they're constantly answering to a subscriber base via message board threads... ivins (in his mind) has probably been asked 100 times in the last 3 days what's going on w marshall, which -- if ivins has nothing to say yet -- is going to produce complete non-updates such as the one today, if only just to satisfy the questioning. this also doubles as an argument for why you shouldn't pay for these sites lol

I work in publishing, and it doesn't matter if he has nothing to say. He probably has deadlines and set articles that need to be written regardless of whether there's real content or not. It's a business for him, so people criticizing him for putting up fluff don't understand the man needs to eat. Plus, with a consumer base that is rabid for any type of information, these pieces, despite seeming like utter BS to folks who know and understand recruiting, are a necessary evil if he wants his site to be successful.
See, there's a method to my madness, I ask rhetorical questions knowing how people will respond to them so that I can setup my overarching point...

If what you're saying is true & (I agree with you that it is), then that means his credibility isn't as strong as some believe it to be. It means that he's willing to put out content that isn't completely vetted because he knows he has a subscriber base that are rabid dogs hungry for scraps.

Which means, if someone happens to believe that Ivins has legit sources & gives good info they have to also always keep in the back of their mind that a lot, or at least some of what he says is bullshìt designed just to get clicks.

LCE continually one of this board's most (ahem only) thoughtful posters

one thing i will add to this is that the job of a 247 reporter is unique compared to other sports reporting jobs because they're constantly answering to a subscriber base via message board threads... ivins (in his mind) has probably been asked 100 times in the last 3 days what's going on w marshall, which -- if ivins has nothing to say yet -- is going to produce complete non-updates such as the one today, if only just to satisfy the questioning. this also doubles as an argument for why you shouldn't pay for these sites lol
Bingo!

Advertisement
It means that he's willing to put out content that isn't completely vetted because he knows he has a subscriber base that are rabid dogs hungry for scraps.

He also does this expertly, never really putting himself into an either/or situation or into a corner. Everything's vague and there is probably a qualifier in there to cushion any hurt feelings the fanbase might have toward him.

That said, I don't mind Ivins. He's a **** of a lot better than any UM reporter that I've read over the past few decades.

Yeah, me too. I’m starting a bikini try on haul channel. I see them popping up and they do very well. So I’m starting cribbys mankini survey channel. I’ll buy and try on bikinis then rate. I’ll let you know when it’s up.

Attachments

• 200.gif
    200.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Advertisement
Literally, anyone could have written that update. “It’ll be hard to take Marshall from Bama“ (no shi*), “our 3 committed WR’s are going to be ballers” (we know this). Ivins has ZERO inside information, zip, nada. And that’s okay.. just say “at this time there is nothing new. Miami really wants Marshall, etc..” My god, people pay for this?

Advertisement
Yeah, me too. I’m starting a bikini try on haul channel. I see them popping up and they do very well. So I’m starting cribbys mankini survey channel. I’ll buy and try on bikinis then rate. I’ll let you know when it’s up.

****, if you're still dropping knowledge during the reviews I'll check it out

Have any of you spoke to him? I have and he gets good info. He’s so realizes he’s dealing with kids. Sometimes he doesn’t let out info because kids ask him not too. I like Pete but he feed you guys info that was 80-90% wrong and you guys worshipped him on this board. Ivins is a reporter not trying to be their friend

Advertisement
Back