Any actual comments from Manny after last night’s disaster?

Advertisement
Bc he looked genuinely lost and defeated. His interviews are becoming jibberish with no substance or solutions

I’ve been extremely critical but this is fake news. He owned it. Said they need to learn how to win and thats not ok as an excuse. It’s where they are and they will hopefully respond to it.
Do you want him to come in with a smile on his face after another tough loss to a conference opponent? Gimme a break.

Advertisement
That was the first question.
Not in this clip's audio, Manny also reportedly answered a reporter's question about the 4th and 17 situation with something about failure of "communication in the secondary". Even this audio mentions it was a "2-read situation"... would be interesting to learn from anyone who knows the ins and outs, exactly what went wrong on the field in this "2-read" mishap (of course the QB and recvr get some kudos.)

Did you guys really expect Manny to come in & be Nick Saban as a first time HC? That's ridiculous. Problem 1- QB = solved. Problem 2 - OL = considerably improved from game 1 to game 2. 0-2 is tough to swallow, but give the man time to turn it around.
How problem number 3 and the thing that got us 0-2 more then anything, special teams. How’s he going to fix that? We all know he ain’t firing his beloved Patke. Smdh

How problem number 3 and the thing that got us 0-2 more then anything, special teams. How’s he going to fix that? We all know he ain’t firing his beloved Patke. Smdh

Punting has improved

Baxa just sucks, should we get rid of his schollie and have you kick?

Advertisement
Not in this clip's audio, Manny also reportedly answered a reporter's question about the 4th and 17 situation with something about failure of "communication in the secondary". Even this audio mentions it was a "2-read situation"... would be interesting to learn from anyone who knows the ins and outs, exactly what went wrong on the field in this "2-read" mishap (of course the QB and recvr get some kudos.)

You can’t hear the first question on the audio. But, if you have a brain, you can infer that he was asked about “4th and 17”.

You can’t hear the first question on the audio. But, if you have a brain, you can infer that he was asked about “4th and 17”.
Understood and agreed. But Manny was apparently asked about it another time and mentioned a "communications failure in the secondary". I don't hear that in the audio.

Cite:
Captureaz.PNG

Punting has improved

Baxa just sucks, should we get rid of his schollie and have you kick?
**** hold tryouts and get a woman’s soccer player to kick. Fu<k it, it’ll be like the movie necessary roughness! Lol atleast they started winning in that movie. At this point Baxa is no different then Fecals, mentally hes done.

Last edited:
Advertisement
**** hold tryouts and get a woman’s soccer player to kick. Fu<k it, it’ll be like the movie necessary roughness! Lol atleast they started winning in that movie. At this point Baxa is no different then Fecals, hes done.

I agree, we'll most likely look for a transfer until that 2021 kid comes in

Understood and agreed. But Manny was apparently asked about it another time and mentioned a "communications failure in the secondary". I don't hear that in the audio.

Cite:
View attachment 96793
Roman discussing this in another excellent "From the Perch". So I'm learning the 2 defenders seem to flow with the post that the receiver leans into, and when he flew out, one of them was supposed to be predetermined to break out and go with it...

...but neither did. So yeah communication (the sub-in, brainfart?) does seem feasible... you can drag a horse to water but not make them drink, no doubt the defenders have been drilled on the practice previously and often. (I hope.)

(Edit: or there was a defensive play call that didn't get communicated accurately... Roman mentions Bandy as outside bracket seemingly was the predetermined guy, but noted Bandy looked afterwards to the sideline like the playcaller messed up, maybe. Sigh.)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Manuel will be gone in a few years and won't land another HC job like a lot of our former coaches. He will get hired at some d2 program as a DC again.

Yep... I've seen that face before. We're fvcked. The job is too big for him.

Good to know it only took 2 games. Now we can get rid of all that "hope". We just need to fast forward by 3 years but Flake Shames has to go first. He cannot make the next hire. 6th time's the charm?

Advertisement
Back