Any actual comments from Manny after last night’s disaster?

This Defense reminds me of Doritos with all these “busted assignments.” It’s too many big plays. Perhaps, the scheme is too complex. Keep it simple stupid until these kids figure it out. Why aren’t we in cover 2 as much to avoid the big plays?

It seems like every 3rd or 4th and long we give up since Manny has been here was bc of some exotic blitz that goes wrong. Idk why it continues to be a problem. Last year he got away from doing it, but for some reason it’s back

Advertisement
Did you guys really expect Manny to come in & be Nick Saban as a first time HC? That's ridiculous. Problem 1- QB = solved. Problem 2 - OL = considerably improved from game 1 to game 2. 0-2 is tough to swallow, but give the man time to turn it around.

No. But to beat teams he has more talent than....YES

Do people expect a return to National Championship caliber status in two games? Like.. do fans realize we have a new OC, new DC, new HC, a freshman QB, a new offense. Do people not remember UM fans wanting to fire JJ and Butch Davis? Is there ANY sanity here? We're two plays from being 2-0 yet we're running Manny out of town. We were never a NC contender and weren't ranked to begin the season for a reason... Guys, Manny Diaz is absolutely the guy and he will turn this around. He turned around our woeful defense to be one of the top in the country... He's a miami guy and he gets miami. He's defeated because these were emotional losses. It happens. He's a winner. What do you want him to say? How should he come across? You 'fans' are clueless. You'd fired Saban and Dabo with their first year records too.

You don't see Miami quitting like they did with Coker, Shannon, Golden, Richt. Manny Diaz is a different animal guys.

Do people expect a return to National Championship caliber status in two games? Like.. do fans realize we have a new OC, new DC, new HC, a freshman QB, a new offense. Do people not remember UM fans wanting to fire JJ and Butch Davis? Is there ANY sanity here? We're two plays from being 2-0 yet we're running Manny out of town. We were never a NC contender and weren't ranked to begin the season for a reason... Guys, Manny Diaz is absolutely the guy and he will turn this around. He turned around our woeful defense to be one of the top in the country... He's a miami guy and he gets miami. He's defeated because these were emotional losses. It happens. He's a winner. What do you want him to say? How should he come across? You 'fans' are clueless. You'd fired Saban and Dabo with their first year records too.

You don't see Miami quitting like they did with Coker, Shannon, Golden, Richt. Manny Diaz is a different animal guys.

We’ll see if they quit I we continue to lose

Advertisement
This Defense reminds me of Doritos with all these “busted assignments.” It’s too many big plays. Perhaps, the scheme is too complex. Keep it simple stupid until these kids figure it out. Why aren’t we in cover 2 as much to avoid the big plays?
Not sure there were a lot of busted assignments, but there was 1 on the most glaring play of the game defensively. 3 of their big plays came off 1. Bandy getting toasted on a double move in man coverage 2. Romeo Finley making the worse play of that he has made the last 2 years right off the LOS, he later did what Romeo does and had a pass defended 30 yards down the field on the same play and 3. (my personal favorite here) DJ Ivey just getting flat ran to the outside while having what looked to be outside responsibility from the jump.

Not sure any of those three plays were busted coverags, just really, really, and i mean really bad plays by the players.

Honest question......A lot of people are down on the staff, but when do we as a fan base start to heap some of the responsibility on the players themselves? Mallory for a dropped 2pt, Hightower for a big drop, baxa with being turrible from close 2 games in a row, Bandy having an awful game, Gurvan Hall (almost as disappointed in him as i am in mallory), Amari Carter with a very bad penalty and ejection. We don't even make the routine plays any more, never the less, the make the hard plays.

Thanks for posting. I think some of you are looking for something that's not there. I don't see a guy who looks overwhelmed or lost. I see a guy that's rightfully upset and frustrated that his team is 0-2 and wants to get to work fixing it. No idea if he will be able to do so or not but my gut tells me he will go down swinging.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back