Any actual comments from Manny after last night’s disaster?

Advertisement
Saban went 7-6 his first season at Alabama. He went 6-5-1, 6-6, 7-5 his first three seasons at Michigan State.

Dabo went 4-3 (interim hire), 9-5, and 6-7 before a 10-4 ‘breakout year’. Dabo lost at home to Randy Shannon. He was beaten 70-33 by West Virginia in the Orange Bowl that ‘breakout’ year. The coach of that WVU team is now at a G5 program and just had his *** whipped by Oklahoma.

Not saying Diaz is the next Saban or Dabo. Let’s just see how the season and more importantly how next offseason unfolds.

We don’t have a choice, anyway.
You're making too much sense for the juveniles & trolls on this forum.

He did admit, they are going to stop serving cafe con leche decaf at the cafeteria.

He doesn’t have any answers. He took this job with the assumption that it would be easy. He found out last night that you have to be a competent coach to win at this level even if it’s in the ACC Coastal. He had that look on his face like Richt did at BC
He took the job with the assumption rebuilding a program that had rotted to its core over a decade and a half would be easy? What?!? Our fans are ******* retarded.

Advertisement
He took the job with the assumption rebuilding a program that had rotted to its core over a decade and a half would be easy? What?!? Our fans are ******* retarded.

Idk if you’ve been paying attention but this will be the best and most talented team he fields here in the foreseeable future. So yes he walked in confident bc he had the team and talent to win this year and he’s blowing it

Idk if you’ve been paying attention but this will be the best and most talented team he fields here in the foreseeable future. So yes he walked in confident bc he had the team and talent to win this year and he’s blowing it
You didnt say confident. You said "Manny took this job with the assumption it would be easy" which is one of the dumbest things I've ever read on here, and that's really saying something.

Advertisement
Thanks to those of you who responded that it was the very first question. I thought he was explaining what went wrong on the 62 yard TD that Bandy got torched on. After ESPN news cut to the BYU/Tenn game, I didn’t get to see anything else.

The ****** recruiting on Defense is catching up to us. We have little to no depth at LB’s and the Secondary. Can’t believe I’m saying this but Golden boys are gone which means it’s his players are looking like dog ****. Why isn’t he isn’t developing his own players? Meanwhile, our LB’s have regressed under his watch too.

Worst part is, now we go into the easy part of the schedule which will inflate our Defensive numbers and it’ll be smoke and mirrors again with this Defense until we face someone like a Clemson and get blown out again.

Advertisement
We get two Nunneries to practice against the next two weeks.

If there’s even a whiff of ULM vs. Free Shoes in either of those games, people are going to start asking serious questions inside the Hecht. JMHO.

Its not Free Shoes University, it's Five & Seven University

Advertisement
Paper thin and not very good. Bad combination.
Paper thin and not very good. Bad combination.

I don’t think it’s a bad as last game , there was busted assignments. Majority of the big plays are busts.

I know people here are impatient and frustrated but there was huge question marks staring us in the face that was ignored.

New , young secondary that’s thin, young , inexperienced tackles and a young qb.

I think this team is going to get better and a lot of people will look silly. And if I’m wrong I’m sure this will be bumped.

I don’t think it’s a bad as last game , there was busted assignments. Majority of the big plays are busts.

I know people here are impatient and frustrated but there was huge question marks staring us in the face that was ignored.

New , young secondary that’s thin, young , inexperienced tackles and a young qb.

I think this team is going to get better and a lot of people will look silly. And if I’m wrong I’m sure this will be bumped.

This Defense reminds me of Doritos with all these “busted assignments.” It’s too many big plays. Perhaps, the scheme is too complex. Keep it simple stupid until these kids figure it out. Why aren’t we in cover 2 as much to avoid the big plays?

Nah, I agree with your points. We all knew there were massive questions marks in the secondary heading into the season. I just meant right now not only are we thin at spots, we're not a good unit yet. Its clearly going to take time.

Advertisement
Back