Antonio Smothers Rivals Article

Advertisement
my credits and what transfers and what doesn't.

This is the key part of the quote, and most seem to be ignoring it. How often has any of you EVER heard that line before? Zona.

I heard that line when we got Beau Sandland because all of his credits couldn't transfer to SEC schools

Exactly. I don't know where all these mopey guys have come to the conclusion that we can't get JUCO guys in here. We get them every **** year.

We get them but in the past it seems that for every Shockey we've had to go through a dozen Darius Smith's and Kayne Fahrqueson's.

I'm sure that 3-3-5 stack defense will translate well to the NFL

Advertisement
Advertisement

This is the key part of the quote, and most seem to be ignoring it. How often has any of you EVER heard that line before? Zona.

I heard that line when we got Beau Sandland because all of his credits couldn't transfer to SEC schools

Exactly. I don't know where all these mopey guys have come to the conclusion that we can't get JUCO guys in here. We get them every **** year.

We get them but in the past it seems that for every Shockey we've had to go through a dozen Darius Smith's and Kayne Fahrqueson's.

Now you're talking about something else. Getting them admitted is different than picking the right ones.

Already stacked at LB... NEXT.

You talking about the canes?

I'm talking about our commits already have Owens, Young, Smith, McCray, and I would consider Harris a LB.

So next year, if you have the chance between a grown *** men like Smothers or a kid like Owens, you think Owens will make a better job?

328.gif

Now you're talking about something else. Getting them admitted is different than picking the right ones.

True but I will say it is tougher to get JUCO kids in now than in the past. Not impossible but we have had to turn some away in the past few years.

Advertisement

I'm talking about our commits already have Owens, Young, Smith, McCray, and I would consider Harris a LB.

Smothers is better than all of them right now. Owens and young might be the only ones that don't redshirt

I might be negged but what is the boards obsession with smothers? I've seen the tape and granted I'm no expert but In my opinion owens and young are better

I'd like to think that we are at the point where most of our immediate needs are addressed and we won't have these huge imbalances at different positions. That was such a shannon thing to do, take 8 Wr's and 9 Lb's in a class. Give or take a position or two, our classes have been pretty balanced and logical and I trust, not withstanding 2011, that most of the guys we are taking are going to hit.

In future classes I'd be less inclined to rely heavily on juco's. We haven't had a ton of luck but I think Beau is the goods.

Smothers is better than all of them right now. Owens and young might be the only ones that don't redshirt

I might be negged but what is the boards obsession with smothers? I've seen the tape and granted I'm no expert but In my opinion owens and young are better

Smothers is also playing Juco, which is bigger, better competition and translates a little more directly to what we will face than a high school film.

Advertisement

dis quote trumps dat line.....the school that I'm choosing and how I'm going to go about getting there."

as well as....."My linebacker coach in high school, they’re his favorite,” Smothers said. “He’ll be proud of me if I go anywhere but it would be extra special if I do go to Miami.”

So his two-years-removed HS LB coach trumps the fact that Zona would let him transfer all the credits? Really hope so, but I´m not holding my breath on this one.

I'd like to think that we are at the point where most of our immediate needs are addressed and we won't have these huge imbalances at different positions. That was such a shannon thing to do, take 8 Wr's and 9 Lb's in a class. Give or take a position or two, our classes have been pretty balanced and logical and I trust, not withstanding 2011, that most of the guys we are taking are going to hit.

In future classes I'd be less inclined to rely heavily on juco's. We haven't had a ton of luck but I think Beau is the goods.

That's all well in good but stuff happens. You can bet Al didn't think he would lose 3 LBs this offseason: EJ, Paul, Terry. Now we need to load up and get at least one that is ready to contribute next year.

If Perryman leaves early, which is rumored to be a good chance, Kirby, Figs, Armbrister, Grace, McCord (I still say he's a rush end until I see him play LB snaps) and Blue will be the only LBs with game experience.

dis quote trumps dat line.....the school that I'm choosing and how I'm going to go about getting there."

as well as....."My linebacker coach in high school, they’re his favorite,” Smothers said. “He’ll be proud of me if I go anywhere but it would be extra special if I do go to Miami.”

So his two-years-removed HS LB coach trumps the fact that Zona would let him transfer all the credits? Really hope so, but I´m not holding my breath on this one.

You got from his quote that UM wouldn't let his credits transfer but Arizona would? You fellas read a lot into words sometimes.

407Cane, we need a JUCO LB to plug into the gap. McCrary and Smith wont be ready to do anything for AT LEAST two years. They both need to pack on 20-30lbs of muscle at the minimum. And the way Golden is transforming the current LB corps weight (from 220s to the 240s) they might need another 40lbs of muscle. Owens and Young maybe just need one redshirt year if that. Especially Owens.

We lose Cornelius, Gaines, and Cain after next year. So that just leaves Perryman (SR), Kirby (JR), Grace (SO), Figs (SO), McCord (JR) that would be ready to jump right in and compete. We might not NEED Smothers but we sure as **** could use him.

Advertisement
Back