Antonio Smothers/Calvin Heurtelou visiting this weekend

Advertisement
Yea i mentioned Smothers the other day my cousin knows him from playing against him last year in juco ball. If Miami pushes hard for him they will land him he's a hurricane fan. Don't know too much about the DT tho..

Yea i mentioned Smothers the other day my cousin knows him from playing against him last year in juco ball. If Miami pushes hard for him they will land him he's a hurricane fan. Don't know too much about the DT tho..
I love that because I saw him on tape like 2 months back and I was sold like crazy. Out of all the linebackers he may be #1 on my board right now

If they are on officials, does that mean they have a shot at getting in for fall? I am never sure how this works with JUCOs, and it seems to become more fluid as the years go on. The reason I am confused: if it is an official for a guy from the class of 2014, why would they be taking it this early?

Advertisement
2014 but he is probably an early enrollee aka January enrollment as opposed to next summer. I don't know this for a fact I am just guessing this is why they would be taking officials earlier than normal.

Advertisement
Awesome. I'm a fan of both!

Calvin gets good penetration off the line for sure. Antonio's diagnostics are sick! Hope they both commit. We can definitely use them.

Advertisement
If you qualify at a 4 year school before going JUCO, you can transfer after your first year, this is what Shockey did. If your grades are **** then you need to get an AA to transfer.

Getting these two would be too much like good news for Miami.

They'll commit to Ole Miss tomorrow for their academics.

Advertisement
Feels like JUCO recruiting has sped up.

From 2007-2010 we took 3 JUCO players in 4 years. In 3 years since Golden got here we have taken 6 and are looking to load up this year it seems. Definitely a change in philosophy, and a good one IMO.

In comparison, Alabama has taken 6 in the last 3 years as well.

Feels like JUCO recruiting has sped up.

From 2007-2010 we took 3 JUCO players in 4 years. In 3 years since Golden got here we have taken 6 and are looking to load up this year it seems. Definitely a change in philosophy, and a good one IMO.

In comparison, Alabama has taken 6 in the last 3 years as well.

Recruiting juco every cycle is necessary IMO. Especially on the DL where you can't expect incoming freshmen to have immediate impacts. It's also a good thing to do to help bridge the gap between the upperclassmen who contribute and the underclassmen who arent physically or mentally ready.

This guy Heurtelou played somewhere outside of NYC in HS. Some of his HS competition was Sleepy Hollow, Saunders Trade & Tech, Nyack and other schools....I wish I could see him against Florida competition. I hope that Arizona JUCO competition is tougher. I have to wonder...

I did have a roommate many years ago who came from Nanuet, which I think is the same general area, around the Tappan Zee Bridge. He had a friend from the same HS who was an honorable mention HS All-American who went to Florida State, but that was the '60's. I'd almost rather take some under the radar kid from Georgia or Florida, but what do I know.

Advertisement
Back