Antonio Alfano

Advertisement
We were able to get 3 kids from New York to migrate down south to Miami. Doesn't hurt to try,you know.
We've always had a lot of Jersey kids: Danny Stubbs, Howard Clark, Greg Mark, Alquan Muhammed (or whatever his name was), James Lewis, Mark Caesar, and others.

I would look closely at this kid.

We've always had a lot of Jersey kids: Danny Stubbs, Howard Clark, Greg Mark, Alquan Muhammed (or whatever his name was), James Lewis, Mark Caesar, and others.

I would look closely at this kid.
Bigger questions these days is would he look closely at UM, and why? Signing the #28 class last year (4th in the ACC) and weak in areas of need ain't gonna get it done. We'll see if Manny's new approach works. I have my doubts.

Bigger questions these days is would he look closely at UM, and why? Signing the #28 class last year (4th in the ACC) and weak in areas of need ain't gonna get it done. We'll see if Manny's new approach works. I have my doubts.
Reasons to look at UM:
Immediate playing time, great tradition/history, pipeline to the NFL, and play on an aggressive/attacking style of defense that will lead to 1 on 1 opportunities on the field. Not to mention we play in the ACC, he could become dominate playing in the ACC as opposed to playing in the SEC.

See how easy that was? Stop being pessimistic and believe.

This kid has more issues than just a sick grandmother.

FWIW, if he goes through with the transfer Bama board thinks Maryland (Lockskey) or Michigan.

No one is even sure what kind of class credits he has actually earned since January...

Advertisement
Reasons to look at UM:
Immediate playing time, great tradition/history, pipeline to the NFL, and play on an aggressive/attacking style of defense that will lead to 1 on 1 opportunities on the field. Not to mention we play in the ACC, he could become dominate playing in the ACC as opposed to playing in the SEC.

Sure it was easy to say but those things appeal to a 3*. Not to an elite, a true 5* Those types feel they can play anywhere and want to prove themselves against top competition. They're not looking for the easy path. They're also looking for training and development. We have a ways to go there.

That's not to say you don't take your shot but you have to be smarter than that and tailor your pitch (if you have one) to prospect.

Reasons to look at UM:

If he was an OL, you'd have a point. As a DE, you think he can be guaranteed immediate PT?

I actually posted this kid's original offer from back in 2017, he's from Rahway but played at Bergen Catholic. Idk why he ever signed with Bama in the first place, he should've stayed in the North East & went to Penn St or Cuse. He would've been able to play right away as opposed to sitting on the bench at Bama. Especially because he's a DT, he should've known he wasn't gonna play ahead of them southern country boys on the D-Line.

You misunderstood my stance Cane4life...

I'm not against transfers, it's just that most of time these kids especially from the SEC, when they hightail it out of their program have no interest in coming to Miami, but our fans start slobbering all over'em.

Think about the last 6 or 7 SEC transfers that have happened in the last few months, yall have made posts about every one of them & not a single one even remotely considered coming to Miami.

It's just the reality... But I'm not in the dream-crushing business, so by all means! Lol
Their fan boys LCE they can't help it. In real estate these are the types of guys who fall in love with every offer so they take **** personal. So when they lose out on a bid or property they struggle and spend time wondering why. Never moving ahead and never scaling their business.

This kid has more issues than just a sick grandmother.

FWIW, if he goes through with the transfer Bama board thinks Maryland (Lockskey) or Michigan.

No one is even sure what kind of class credits he has actually earned since January...
What type of issues?

The only other issues he's having is him skipping class and practice, and the article says the behavioral issues started once the grandmother got sick.
If those are the issues you're talking about, I'll take my chances that the 19 year old will figure it out.

Advertisement
I actually posted this kid's original offer from back in 2017, he's from Rahway but played at Bergen Catholic. Idk why he ever signed with Bama in the first place, he should've stayed in the North East & went to Penn St or Cuse. He would've been able to play right away as opposed to sitting on the bench at Bama. Especially because he's a DT, he should've known he wasn't gonna play ahead of them southern country boys on the D-Line.

You misunderstood my stance Cane4life...

I'm not against transfers, it's just that most of time these kids especially from the SEC, when they hightail it out of their program have no interest in coming to Miami, but our fans start slobbering all over'em.

Think about the last 6 or 7 SEC transfers that have happened in the last few months, yall have made posts about every one of them & not a single one even remotely considered coming to Miami.

It's just the reality... But I'm not in the dream-crushing business, so by all means! Lol

I think you might have the wrong kid. Alfano played at Colonia HS in Colonia..

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back