Antoine Green, WR (Rockledge)

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Interesting prospect. Unranked but has multiple SEC offers. Verified 6'2, 185, 4.5 and 38-inch vert at the Opening in Orlando. PR of 21.56 in 200M and 10.9 in 100M. Was on campus this weekend and will be coming back for Paradise.

[HUDL]video/3/5442492/5821ee9990f99423b0097ddb[/HUDL]

Advertisement
Interesting prospect.

This is why too many early offers can be problematic. You need to see these kids over the summer at least, to make sure you can get the evals right.

Between this kid, Austin, Thornton, all interesting ... but not all will be equally good. The staff needs to do their work here.

That said, this kid looks intereesting. Fast enough, got some size, some open field ability, hands....

Advertisement
The first two minutes of his highlight tape are touchdowns. He probably would've had a half dozen more if his QB had a better arm. I didn't watch the entire tape. Were his season stats at the end? What's his competition like?

most of this kids highlights are against COCOA. Cocoa is a powerhouse school....Rockledge is off the beaten path in central florida but use to be a powerhouse program. I like his film....

most of this kids highlights are against COCOA. Cocoa is a powerhouse school....Rockledge is off the beaten path in central florida but use to be a powerhouse program. I like his film....

Yup, geta ain't lying

From the area my homeboy teaches at Cocoa High. Coaches at Astronaut High I'm have to give him a call and ask about this cat.

Advertisement
Interesting prospect. Unranked but has multiple SEC offers. Verified 6'2, 185, 4.5 and 38-inch vert at the Opening in Orlando. PR of 21.56 in 200M and 10.9 in 100M. Was on campus this weekend and will be coming back for Paradise.

[HUDL]video/3/5442492/5821ee9990f99423b0097ddb[/HUDL]

Good lookin on this prospect. Great size and speed and he locates the ball and turns up field right away. In ur opinion, [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION], would you prefer Green or Thornton? I haven't seen Thornton play in pads, but I'm looking at this kid in pads and he has true football speed. What's ur thoughts?

In ur opinion, @DMoney, would you prefer Green or Thornton? I haven't seen Thornton play in pads, but I'm looking at this kid in pads and he has true football speed. What's ur thoughts?

I haven't seen enough, but as a general rule I prefer South Florida WRs. They go against elite DBs from a young age, so they usually have advanced craft and mental game.

If the kid knew what was good for him he'd transfer. Those schools aren't even 10 miles apart.

Advertisement

If the kid knew what was good for him he'd transfer. Those schools aren't even 10 miles apart.

This was the first thing I said when heard about him last week and saw all his offers.. Transfer to a better team and get with a solid QB and watch his recruitment pick up!! I looked at his film and he looks good, but with the right ppl this kid could turn into a beast..

Great point. And not just Cocoa... they play against Viera HS, Merritt Island HS and Palm Bay HS annually; all three of which are very strong teams out of Brevard county.

Advertisement
Can he not catch or something? How is a kid that big and fast unranked?

Might be because he plays at Rockledge, their football program has really fallen off over the last few years. A lot of their talent leaves to play at Cocoa or a Viera now.

He needs to transfer to Viera. Cocoa doesn't throw the ball enough to showcase him. Viera would be a good fit for him

IMO Thorton looked way better to me. For me, when a WR is 6'2+ he need to look smooth and fast as if he was 5'10 regardless of his numbers. I don't like those 6'2 WR who look sluggish with the ball in their hands. Every time we recruit a WR that is tall but looks sluggish (to me) usually never pans out here because that all Al Golden ever recruited (Except Lewis, Dorset, and Coley).

Rockledge is on the rise right now. They also have a really good RB that's going to be big in a couple years!
This lil dude plays with great body control, good hands and speed. They go against some great competition in Cocoa, Viera and Palm Bay. Don't underestimate him cause he's not from South Florida.

Advertisement
Back