Antoine Green, WR (Rockledge)

Interesting prospect. Unranked but has multiple SEC offers. Verified 6'2, 185, 4.5 and 38-inch vert at the Opening in Orlando. PR of 21.56 in 200M and 10.9 in 100M. Was on campus this weekend and will be coming back for Paradise.

[HUDL]video/3/5442492/5821ee9990f99423b0097ddb[/HUDL]

Pass.

Advertisement
Interesting prospect. Unranked but has multiple SEC offers. Verified 6'2, 185, 4.5 and 38-inch vert at the Opening in Orlando. PR of 21.56 in 200M and 10.9 in 100M. Was on campus this weekend and will be coming back for Paradise.

[HUDL]video/3/5442492/5821ee9990f99423b0097ddb[/HUDL]

This is why you have to do your homework in recruiting. I would never deny that Dade-Broward competition level is voracious, but you also have an amazing inconsistency of HS's across Florida.

In Seminole County, the second-smallest county by square-mileage, all of our HS's are pretty much established and built, so the student body size keeps getting bigger and bigger. Many of the 8A football finals are between overcrowded schools in Dade vs. overcrowded schools in Orlando.

Then you get out to Rockledge in Brevard and it is a tiny school. Rockledge, as an area, might have the same population it had 30 years ago. Seriously. So the school might be 2A or 3A, and they MOSTLY play comparable schools, with the occasional "Cocoa Beach" or "Astronaut" tossed in for good measure.

In the past, the Orlando Sentinel did a GREAT job of covering prep sports in Central Florida, but as with other newspapers, they have had to cut staff, and these smaller HS's don't get the coverage of the big Orlando schools, so a kid like that falls through the cracks unless his family can pay to send him to some camps. And in case it isn't already obvious, that whole area around the Space Coast has been hit hard by cutbacks to NASA funding. It ain't pretty over there right now.

The kid has the ability, I hope he shines against some top talent at Paradise.

Space funding is back. Viera next to Rockledge growing by quarter mil in next few years..lots of construction. Rockledge some is nice but Cocoa is spilling into it and running it down. I have family at Rockledge High (I think it's a crappy school by the way). And they tell me this Green kid is real nice and a good guy who deserves good things to happen to him. As for him being a take or not, I don't know. I'll check him out this season tho. Any others in Brevard we have interest in?

Space funding is back. Viera next to Rockledge growing by quarter mil in next few years..lots of construction. Rockledge some is nice but Cocoa is spilling into it and running it down. I have family at Rockledge High (I think it's a crappy school by the way). And they tell me this Green kid is real nice and a good guy who deserves good things to happen to him. As for him being a take or not, I don't know. I'll check him out this season tho. Any others in Brevard we have interest in?

Some of the NASA funding is back, but the support industries are nowhere near back to where they were when the shuttle program was still operative. I had a client over there who had several warehouses that they were able to buy from companies that went under, and then eventually they got enough government incentives to build a bigger centralized facility, because so much land is available for cheap.

Man, I've lived in Central Florida since I was 4 (except for when I was at UM), and Brevard is still not anywhere near a full recovery yet.

You want to see buildings going up? Drive through Lake Mary and Maitland and see all of the corporations opening service centers and whatnot. They are about to build MULTIPLE highrises at Lake Mary and I-4 just a stone's through from the interchange, and it is just going to get worse, as there is limited buildable land in that area.

If Brevard and Volusia politicians were smarter, they would be pushing for better road connections to Orlando.

Advertisement
OriginalCane...thx for interesting perspective. Mine is based on four years in Brevard, so what looks like quick progress to me evidently isn't compared to what it was. I think I'll have to check out a few area HS games this year.

FSUshttt offered this KID. I heard at a Barbershop in Titusville that he loves The Cane but no offers from the Canes. He is a Basketball player too.

Advertisement
Back