2024 Antoine "AJ" Belgrave-Shorter 3* CB from Jacksonville

Advertisement
He saw marked improvement from Kinchens last year under Addae.

Not sure how many more CB guys you want on staff. Need the right guy, not more guys.
Guidry is already taking over. Addae has been pushed to a secondary (no pun intended) role.

You’re correct about Kinchens though. That bought him a second year - because recruiting and DB play sure as **** didn’t.

At this point at DB, I’m not making any predictions about numbers or players.

After the McClain debacle, it’s been trending down big time
Made us look like a circus even if it was really no one’s fault in particular on Miami’s end. Just got trolled. Perception matters, and at Miami…a whiff of that magnitude + Jackson’s games made us look like amateur hour for elite DB prospects. Mario has way more work to turn this around, more than any of us ever thought was imaginable.

Unfortunately the simple minded on here can’t grasp the myriad of situations at hand and all the cracks in the foundation. Mario f^cking up year 1 only compounded these issues, which again is why this year HAS to show some improvement. Even if it’s a season where we start hot with an A&M win and then injuries catch up later and we flounder…we have to show something marketable and attractive on both sides of the ball. Seven wins will be enough as long as it’s the right seven wins. Fans will still cry and leak period blood in this scenario, but the recruits and those handlers will see it as improvement and an upward trend.

You’re as plugged in at the local level as anyone, so curious to hear if what I reiterated is somewhat on par with your end.

Last edited:
At this point at DB, I’m not making any predictions about numbers or players.

After the McClain debacle, it’s been trending down big time
Yea I think the quality was there in 2022 with Graves, and in 2023 with Brown & Stafford but the numbers are just so low I don't understand

Advertisement
Guidry is already taking over. Addae has been pushed to a secondary (no pun intended) role.

You’re correct about Kinchens though. That bought him a second year - because recruiting and DB play sure as **** didn’t.

You are correct sir.

Unless someone (looking at you Graves) takes a major leap forward, CB coach will be open on the winter.

Made us look like a circus even if it was really no one’s fault in particular on Miami’s end. Just got trolled. Perception matters, and at Miami…a whiff of that magnitude + Jackson’s games made us look like amateur hour for elite DB prospects. Mario has way more work to turn this around, more than any of us ever thought was imaginable.

Unfortunately the simple minded on here can’t grasp the myriad of situations at hand and all the cracks in the foundation. Mario f^cking up year 1 only compounded these issues, which again is why this year HAS to show some improvement. Even if it’s a season where we start hot with an A&M win and then injuries catch up later and we flounder…we have to show something marketable and attractive on both sides of the ball. Seven wins will be enough as long as it’s the right seven wins. Fans will still cry and leak period blood in this scenario, but the recruits and those handlers will see it as improvement and an upward trend.

You’re as plugged in at the local level as anyone, so curious to hear if what I reiterated is somewhat on par with your end.

You’re right over the target, the only thing I’ll say is that 7-5 will just reinforce some of the negative spin that’s taken hold down here for Cristobal. And make no mistake, he’s earned it.

The noise from the affiliated 7v7, camps, and HS coaches is beyond anything I’ve seen since Richt was 10-1.

You can tell Miami is close and these embedded folks don’t like it. It’s going to take some time and production on the feos to get it done.

You’re right over the target, the only thing I’ll say is that 7-5 will just reinforce some of the negative spin that’s taken hold down here for Cristobal. And make no mistake, he’s earned it.

The noise from the affiliated 7v7, camps, and HS coaches is beyond anything I’ve seen since Richt was 10-1.

You can tell Miami is close and these embedded folks don’t like it. It’s going to take some time and production on the feos to get it done.
Appreciate it. I just don’t get why some actively root against us. It’s like they’re content with the status quo and it’s fun to **** on the hometown team. Some guys get taken care of so I get it, it’s the game within the game…but it’s really weird when it goes beyond that.

Advertisement
Appreciate it. I just don’t get why some actively root against us. It’s like they’re content with the status quo and it’s fun to **** on the hometown team. Some guys get taken care of so I get it, it’s the game within the game…but it’s really weird when it goes beyond that.

It’s money. It’s that simple.

They steer kids to certain programs, they get a cut. It’s a tale as old as time down here. It really took hold culturally when Coker was here and now it’s just par for the course.

It’s not that I don’t think South FL kids aren’t talented. It’s that I think it’s too much of a resource drain to recruit them.

Focus on kids like Robinson and Moore that aren’t ******* around.

We need something to sell at CB...we getting roasted on the field and have nobody getting drafted (Tyrique going 2 or 3rd round hopefully should help) is hard to sell to top 100 DBs we are probably going to have to develop a few before we see some real change here

Both Addae and DVD ain’t it. Both need to kick rocks and Mario needs to bring in a DB coach that’s a proven recruiter and developer.
I think Guidry is the truth. Let’s just see if he can handle it all. Doesn’t have a lot to work with for now, but I think he can turn Davonte into an All-ACC guy.

I think Guidry is the truth. Let’s just see if he can handle it all. Doesn’t have a lot to work with for now, but I think he can turn Davonte into an All-ACC guy.
Possibly, but he’s not going to have the time as DC to be out they’re aggressively recruiting like you would expect your DB coach to be able to do. We need someone that can go up against TRob, Raymond, etc.

Advertisement
What about dvd? Everybody wanted him on field and he is supposed to be the superstar recruiter in the making but as of right now it’s mostly been hype because the results don’t match but there is still a lot of time left so I guess we will see
DVD is in the recruiting office where he belongs right now. Getting rid of an analyst and replacing our onfield DB coach are not the same.

We need an onfield coach who can come in and fix this problem the way Mirabal is doing with his group.

Last edited:
It’s money. It’s that simple.

They steer kids to certain programs, they get a cut. It’s a tale as old as time down here. It really took hold culturally when Coker was here and now it’s just par for the course.

It’s not that I don’t think South FL kids aren’t talented. It’s that I think it’s too much of a resource drain to recruit them.

Focus on kids like Robinson and Moore that aren’t ******* around.
If we get Moore and Robinson that would be our best outside receiver haul in ages. Would be a huge victory

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back