Anthony Walker enters the Transfer Portal

2024 - We're fuccin
Dance Hump GIF

Advertisement
Best of luck to Walker and the rest who are transferring. Walker played hard and Had a good career at UM. Hopefully he does something even better at his next stop, or if he decides to get on to his life’s work (Chuck Noll expression to returning players).

UM has holes to fill and let’s go fill them. I love Hunter but I don’t think he is coming. The rumor is Georgetown to be back home, but hey, last year the rumor was Pack to Purdue to be closer to home so we never know until we know.

I'd be shocked if Wong doesn't test the NBA waters. IMHO him coming back would strictly hinge on what grade he gets from the NBA scouts.
My first thought is wow and my second is that Wong is coming back. Odd to shed 3 guys if he isn’t.
I'd be shocked if Wong doesn't at the very least test the NBA waters. IMHO him coming back would hinge on what grade he gets from the NBA scouts. Don't think he gets a 1st round grade, but if he does he's probably gone.

Advertisement
Beverly IF he does same and this (Walker) is not too surprising to me. But I'm really perplexed about F Aire and Jovanovich. One might think their near-zero playing time was a calculated staff or coaching plan. They certainly can't develop much sitting bench. Does either of those (going portal this week) make sense?
I was told early on that Jovanovich was struggling with the speed of the college game. He's got a good skill set, but he hasn't been able to transfer it to this level yet. Struggled in practices. This was back in December so a lot may have changed, but that's what I was told way back when.

Wish him the best! Never put it together here but he has raw talent and loved seeing his athletic dunks!

Otherwise I see this as Coach L understanding the moment..The program has never been higher and the support for the basketball program has never been higher. Continue building on this and who knows what Miami basketball becomes (and has already become).

3 spots for even more athletic players to fill out wants and needs. Coach L is cookin’

Hope Wong comes back.

Would like @Memnon input on which players in the portal currently he’d like to see us snatch

Wish him the best! Never put it together here but he has raw talent and loved seeing his athletic dunks!

Otherwise I see this as Coach L understanding the moment..The program has never been higher and the support for the basketball program has never been higher. Continue building on this and who knows what Miami basketball becomes (and has already become).

3 spots for even more athletic players to fill out wants and needs. Coach L is cookin’

Hope Wong comes back.

Would like @Memnon input on which players in the portal currently he’d like to see us snatch
There is a portal thread with his comments in here.. Pretty sure he has a couple post with write ups..

Advertisement

Hope Wong comes back.

IF we have 3 spots: (Any combination of)

C - Kel’El Ware/ Jamarion Sharp/ Graham Ike/ Jordan Minor
F - Jonathan Pierre/ Jaemyn Brakefield/ EJ Jarvis/ Jalen DeLoach
G - Nate Calmese/ Brandon Murray/ Primo Spears/ Hakim Hart/ Javon Small/ AJ Storr/ Kevin Miller
(The Guards are only contingent upon if Wong leaves, if he stays, then never-mind)

Best of luck to Walker and the rest who are transferring. Walker played hard and Had a good career at UM. Hopefully he does something even better at his next stop, or if he decides to get on to his life’s work (Chuck Noll expression to returning players).

UM has holes to fill and let’s go fill them. I love Hunter but I don’t think he is coming. The rumor is Georgetown to be back home, but hey, last year the rumor was Pack to Purdue to be closer to home so we never know until we know.
I'll be surprised if ****inson doesn't end up at Maryland with his ex-DeMatha Coach (Mike Jones) and teammate Jahmir Young.

IF we have 3 spots: (Any combination of)

C - Kel’El Ware/ Jamarion Sharp/ Graham Ike/ Jordan Minor
F - Jonathan Pierre/ Jaemyn Brakefield/ EJ Jarvis/ Jalen DeLoach
G - Nate Calmese/ Brandon Murray/ Primo Spears/ Hakim Hart/ Javon Small/ AJ Storr/ Kevin Miller
(The Guards are only contingent upon if Wong leaves, if he stays, then never-mind)
Brakefield withdrew from the portal. EJ Jarvis chose Florida. DeLoach’s comments don’t seem to indicate we’re in any sort of good shape there.

That leaves Pierre who is being heavily pursued by just about everyone.

You’re going to see NIL really kick in this summer. This is going into hyper mode all over the country and only the strong will survive. If you ain’t got the money you ain’t gonna get the honey.
Players now realize the kings of the court dictate that if you don’t pay they won’t stay.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You’re going to see NIL really kick in this summer. This is going into hyper mode all over the country and only the strong will survive. If you ain’t got the money you ain’t gonna get the honey.
Players now realize the kings of the court dictate that if you don’t pay they won’t stay.

I want the honey.

”If you ain’t got the money you ain’t gonna get the honey”

🐐

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back