Anthony Walker enters the Transfer Portal

Advertisement
Pretty sad that a team goes to the Final Four, returns to Coral Gables on Monday then 2 kids enter the portal on Tuesday before the baggage is unloaded and another kid enter the portal on Wednesday before everyone has unpacked.
This is about two players away from being a complete rebuild situation.
You have 4 open scholarships and if Wong leaves, that makes a 5th, which is worse because you cannot fill his scholarship until after the May draft deadline.
For the sake of those leaving, have to hit the Portal ASAP. Before slots on other teams are filled. Makes perfect sense. A month from now, likely 50% fewer options for these three.

I wouldn't be surprised if several more announce their departure before the week is out.

We just had the two most successful seasons in program history going small and playing 5 out on offense, I don't understand why you guys are in such a rush to go back to playing a traditional big.
If you can replace Miller with someone significantly taller who can also shoot the 3 then do it imo. At least they’re not traditional centers like Edey

Advertisement
I haven't read this thread, but I hope no one is bashing the kid. He gave his all for the team and the university, and I wish him nothing but the best of luck.
Da_Lucky_one doesn't need luck, its in his name! Oh, u mean Walker. Yeah. But Da_L_O is a really longtime fan and worthy poster for years here. Maybe his latest opinions aren't popular, but he really is taking, in my opinion, undeserved personal flack. I remain an admirer.

I see no one wants to seriously discuss NILs, or how the logistics actually work, or Ruiz's solid finances. But ponder this. A prospective transfer, a Beverly, or a Watson, asks Coach L how much PT can they expect, what NIL remuneration will they get, exact role, etc. Poor Coach L has more prime roster meat than ever, isnt allowed to talk to Ruiz or about $, a Wong who may or may not be in the picture, and lots of other uncertainty. Not an easy time for him, despite the recent huge achievement and deserved glory. Another Mt. Rushmore pose for him if he gets it half-right.

Da_Lucky_one doesn't need luck, its in his name! Oh, u mean Walker. Yeah. But Da_L_O is a really longtime fan and worthy poster for years here. Maybe his latest opinions aren't popular, but he really is taking, in my opinion, undeserved personal flack. I remain an admirer.

I see no one wants to seriously discuss NILs, or how the logistics actually work, or Ruiz's solid finances. But ponder this. A prospective transfer, a Beverly, or a Watson, asks Coach L how much PT can they expect, what NIL remuneration will they get, exact role, etc. Poor Coach L has more prime roster meat than ever, isnt allowed to talk to Ruiz or about $, a Wong who may or may not be in the picture, and lots of other uncertainty. Not an easy time for him, despite the recent huge achievement and deserved glory. Another Mt. Rushmore pose for him if he gets it half-right.

I hadn't seen his posts (I have now) when I posted

We just had the two most successful seasons in program history going small and playing 5 out on offense, I don't understand why you guys are in such a rush to go back to playing a traditional big.

****inson attempted 57 three pointers and made 42% of them last year. He's not just a back to the basket, post up big. He has good mid range jumper, and shot 80% from the FT line.

yas praise GIF

Advertisement
Like to think the guys hitting the portal right away eliminates distraction. Those guys can be replaced... Benz is proven and Casey looks good. Those guys need to stay too.

Walker reminds me of DeQuan Jones, all the athleticism in the world but for some reason they couldn't put it all together. Anyways, good luck to the young man.

I’m not saying it needs to be a traditional big. But we need more height and more depth when it comes to height. They can play O on the perimeter but we need more length on defense to matchup with bigger teams

Advertisement
Pretty sad that a team goes to the Final Four, returns to Coral Gables on Monday then 2 kids enter the portal on Tuesday before the baggage is unloaded and another kid enter the portal on Wednesday before everyone has unpacked.
This is about two players away from being a complete rebuild situation.
You have 4 open scholarships and if Wong leaves, that makes a 5th, which is worse because you cannot fill his scholarship until after the May draft deadline.
Exit interviews. Besides, Miami isn't the only team losing players to the portal and/or reshaping the roster.

This the new norm in collegiate sports

Last edited:
Because you don't turn down top-tier talent. And, Coach L won the ACC and led multiple teams to the Sweet 16 with a traditional big (2013 & 2016).

Advertisement
He was honored on senior night, right? This shouldn't be a surprise, best for both sides, wish the best for him
Yes he and Beverly were honored. For football, I think Ivey was honored in 2021 and came back for 2022. I'm surprised Walker decided to hit the portal. Good luck to him.

Hunter was measured at 7'0 barefoot and 7'1 in shoes at the combine, so he is a legit 7-footer.
All I can tell you is my nephew is being recruited heavily by Juwan. When Illinois played Michigan this year we went in 10° weather on an unofficial. We spent half the day with the entire team in the practice gym cause they were doing a lunch for the boosters (due to being game day for football & so cold out)inside the arena. He practiced with them and played quite a bit with hunter since hunter was the captain. My nephew was 6-11 & maybe a lil change at the time and he stood over hunter the whole time. Hunter said so himself. Great kid and a **** of a skill set. I hope larranaga goes after him but I doubt it cause he's not playing a fast paced game like that. I suppose maybe my nephew got a lil taller by that point but definitely not that much taller. I tried to upload the video from the gym that day where they're both right next to each other with jett & Juwan. But it says file is too large.

Advertisement
Back