Anthony Chikillo Post

if you dont think Al didnt know he was being misused your dumb. Al used him where he was needed. In the middle and on the end occasionally. Miamis tackle situation will be better this year.

Confirmed, al didn't know he was mis using him.

Advertisement
I like Chick, was he a 285 lb DE? Probably not, but I laugh when people talk like he was going to be a sack master at UM until he was "misused". Someone said he had 15 sacks while here, but lets be honest he should've had 15 more if he could just tackle and make a play when he got to the QB.

Someone mentioned this great pass rushing beast from the UA game. Did you watch the game? Correct me if I am wrong, but one sack was from a bad snap. One sack was a coverage sack where the QB, rightfully so, stepped up in the pocket and chose to go away from Clowney. Another sack was where he was unblocked and Clowney destroyed 2 people trying to block him had the QB wrapped up and couldn't take him to the ground, Chick was just right there for the clean up. I forgot when he got the other sack, but i'm sure Clowney had something to do with it. He looks a lot better when he has a great player opposite him like Clowney and Vernon his Freshman year.

He had a lot of sacks in HS, but stats are misleading. He had a few games against really bad team that he had like 5, 4, and 4 sack games. Not to hard to pad stats against BAD HS teams with a 195 tackle trying to block you. Against teams that have same level talent (Plant, Armwood, Hillsborough, and Brandon) he got 1 sack total and I don't think he got any QB hurries.

Like I said I like Chick, but for those that think he will be James Harrison/Kevin Greene/or any great pass rushing OLB you're not be honest. Chick looks explosive against lesser talent. He get sacks because of great coverage, hustle and effort, and by being in the right place at the right time. He has never been able to shed blocks really well and he will have a very hard time in the league if he doesn't learn how to do that. I think he is on the practice squad this year. Great pass rushing OLB, I just don't see it.

if you dont think Al didnt know he was being misused your dumb. Al used him where he was needed. In the middle and on the end occasionally. Miamis tackle situation will be better this year.

not if they blow chad thomas up to 300 lbs it won't

Advertisement
Lol at people negging my first post. Sarcasm fellas

[MENTION=459]#26-MEAST[/MENTION]: I was wonder what happened to my boy. Sorry, I didn't pick up on the sarcasm as I'm speed reading all of the post. My bad fam.

They were running a 3-4 defense what position was he going to play at 250? Definitely wasn't going to play over the outside linebackers we had, Couldn't cover the receivers. At the end of the day chickillo had 15 sacks in his career at the U and was far more productive than a lot of dlineman including the de Mario Edwards from fsu who was taken in the 2nd round. Quit blaming everyone else for why he didn't get drafted higher.

That right there make makes me want to drive my forehead through this keyboard.

I like Chick, was he a 285 lb DE? Probably not, but I laugh when people talk like he was going to be a sack master at UM until he was "misused". Someone said he had 15 sacks while here, but lets be honest he should've had 15 more if he could just tackle and make a play when he got to the QB.

Someone mentioned this great pass rushing beast from the UA game. Did you watch the game? Correct me if I am wrong, but one sack was from a bad snap. One sack was a coverage sack where the QB, rightfully so, stepped up in the pocket and chose to go away from Clowney. Another sack was where he was unblocked and Clowney destroyed 2 people trying to block him had the QB wrapped up and couldn't take him to the ground, Chick was just right there for the clean up. I forgot when he got the other sack, but i'm sure Clowney had something to do with it. He looks a lot better when he has a great player opposite him like Clowney and Vernon his Freshman year.

He had a lot of sacks in HS, but stats are misleading. He had a few games against really bad team that he had like 5, 4, and 4 sack games. Not to hard to pad stats against BAD HS teams with a 195 tackle trying to block you. Against teams that have same level talent (Plant, Armwood, Hillsborough, and Brandon) he got 1 sack total and I don't think he got any QB hurries.

Like I said I like Chick, but for those that think he will be James Harrison/Kevin Greene/or any great pass rushing OLB you're not be honest. Chick looks explosive against lesser talent. He get sacks because of great coverage, hustle and effort, and by being in the right place at the right time. He has never been able to shed blocks really well and he will have a very hard time in the league if he doesn't learn how to do that. I think he is on the practice squad this year. Great pass rushing OLB, I just don't see it.
[MENTION=11362]Fawk_U Haters[/MENTION]: Not sure if you played football or not, but scheme has a lot to do w/ why Chick, along w/ many others on the D-Line, are not getting to the QB. As a DE in the 3-4 system, you need strength and bulk to hold up. Chick did just fine w/ that. However, this 3-4 scheme is a read and react philosophy vs. a read and attack like most others.

Our scheme is nothing like Quinn's Seattle 3-4 philosophy or Fangio's 49ers 3-4 philosophy; their 3-4 scheme is designed for corners to press up on receivers to re-set a QB's internal clock, and for the DE's to cause confusion between pinning their ears back and firing off the L.O.S or setting edges so the LBs can come down hill.

We've recruited pass rushers for the last several cycles (Chick, AQM, Thomas, Jackson) yet we're telling them to "hold the line" and allow the LBs to clean up the play. We've ranked in the bottom 3rd in sacks every year since Golden has been here...so no, I don't blame Chick for only having 15 sacks in his career at UM...AQM, Thomas, McCord, Jackson, Harris were all tremendous pass rushers in HS and now they are being taught to not to pin their ears back, but rather, hold the line, and neither one of them have been getting to the QB either.

That can be extremely frustrating for these types of players which is why I said Golden is a mediocre recruiter. He recruits press corners, roaming safeties, rush DE's, and yet he's constantly putting them out of position which is huring both the on-field and off-field potentials. Chick is letting the world know, as he should, that he was played out of position and misused. At the Sr. Bowl, he shined, again...just like he did at the UA all-star game. I'm sorry, that's not a coincidence.

How well these players do at the next level will be another indictment on how crappy Golden is as a coach, motivator, mentor, and leader of men (no disrespect to Genron). And I don't blame Chick for taking shots at Golden...Chick is a 3rd generation Cane; Golden is not even close to being a Cane. He's only here b/c he has no other choice (since his Alma-Mater wasn't foolin' w/ him).

Last edited:
The problem with what they asked Chick to do, was they were asking a natural 250+ 5-Technique, to take on natural 300+ OTs week in & week out.
****, Chick was struggling against Flowers as a true freshman.
And the sof'*** techniques that Franklin was teachin' em' didn't help either.

Last edited:
Advertisement
They were running a 3-4 defense what position was he going to play at 250? Definitely wasn't going to play over the outside linebackers we had, Couldn't cover the receivers. At the end of the day chickillo had 15 sacks in his career at the U and was far more productive than a lot of dlineman including the de Mario Edwards from fsu who was taken in the 2nd round. Quit blaming everyone else for why he didn't get drafted higher.

Have you played ball? HS, Collegiate, arena, semi pro or nfl? Just asking not trolling.

[MENTION=11362]Fawk_U Haters[/MENTION]: Not sure if you played football or not, but scheme has a lot to do w/ why Chick, along w/ many others on the D-Line, are not getting to the QB. As a DE in the 3-4 system, you need strength and bulk to hold up. Chick did just fine w/ that. However, this 3-4 scheme is a read and react philosophy vs. a read and attack like most others.

Our scheme is nothing like Quinn's Seattle 3-4 philosophy or Fangio's 49ers 3-4 philosophy; their 3-4 scheme is designed for corners to press up on receivers to re-set a QB's internal clock, and for the DE's to cause confusion between pinning their ears back and firing off the L.O.S or setting edges so the LBs can come down hill.

We've recruited pass rushers for the last several cycles (Chick, AQM, Thomas, Jackson) yet we're telling them to "hold the line" and allow the LBs to clean up the play. We've ranked in the bottom 3rd in sacks every year since Golden has been here...so no, I don't blame Chick for only having 15 sacks in his career at UM...AQM, Thomas, McCord, Jackson, Harris were all tremendous pass rushers in HS and now they are being taught to not to pin their ears back, but rather, hold the line, and neither one of them have been getting to the QB either.

That can be extremely frustrating for these types of players which is why I said Golden is a mediocre recruiter. He recruits press corners, roaming safeties, rush DE's, and yet he's constantly putting them out of position which is huring both the on-field and off-field potentials. Chick is letting the world know, as he should, that he was played out of position and misused. At the Sr. Bowl, he shined, again...just like he did at the UA all-star game. I'm sorry, that's not a coincidence.

How well these players do at the next level will be another indictment on how crappy Golden is as a coach, motivator, mentor, and leader of men (no disrespect to Genron). And I don't blame Chick for taking shots at Golden...Chick is a 3rd generation Cane; Golden is not even close to being a Cane. He's only here b/c he has no other choice (since his Alma-Mater wasn't foolin' w/ him).

Rellyrell,
Not sure you have reading comprehension above grade school, but nothing in your response led me to believe that you actually read and comprehended my post. My post was to indicate, no matter what the people on this board would like to think, Chick was never, and will never be some kind of pass rushing beast. You mentioned the UA all star game, but if you go and watch the game everything I said in my post was true. Just about all of his sacks in the UA game were the benefit of having the future #1 overall pick playing on the other side of him, being a coverage sack, or not getting blocked. Go watch the highlights and you'll see what I am talking about. I see where you didn't respond to where he got the majority of sacks in HS against 195 lb tackles trying to block him. Again, go to the film, watch it, digest it, and you'll see plain as day. Tape doesn't lie my friend.

You say the scheme held him back and that's why he only had 15 sacks (and yes Relly I played HS ball, college ball, and coached college ball as well. So I know what the difference is in defensive schemes) However I noticed you left out a response to where the scheme had him in position to make 10-15 other sacks and he MISSED. I also noticed you missed where I said in my opening sentence that, "was he a 285 lb DE...probably not." Again i'm not sure you're comprehending what you're reading.

I also noticed where you didn't have a response to where he couldn't get off blocks very well. Again he has had the same problem in HS, UA game, college, and he will have a very hard time in the league.

I'm not calling Golden the coach of the decade, but please, name for me 3 players since 2011 that we "misused" at UM and went on to do great things in the league. The fact that this past draft was the first class that had all 4 years under Golden and we've had the most draft picks in a very long time should tell you that, no matter your hatred for AG, we are developing and giving the NFL something to use.

Chick was never an explosive player. He was white. He was destined to be a big lumbering oaf. Coach Golden got him drafted and now he's so excited that his metabolism shot through the roof. He's burning calories like a hummingbird because of the excitement that Coach Golden created for him by getting him drafted.

Let me add this: The Pittsburgh Steelers have been an inept organization since day 1. They've never won anything and never will especially malnourishing players like this and forcing them into anorexia.

People crap on Coach Golden, but he's like an Italian grandma. He feeds his boys well, and they grow to their natural weight.

Fawk_U Haters; said:
However I noticed you left out a response to where the scheme had him in position to make 10-15 other sacks and he MISSED.

Give me some examples of 3-4 DTs that are rackin' up sacks?

Advertisement

No, Al didn't know that Chick was being misused. Al and his corn chip friend don't know anything about football, particularly defensive schemes. Because of this lack of knowledge, they consistently play the wrong guys or play the right guys in the wrong places. Get with the program.

Rellyrell,
Not sure you have reading comprehension above grade school, but nothing in your response led me to believe that you actually read and comprehended my post. My post was to indicate, no matter what the people on this board would like to think, Chick was never, and will never be some kind of pass rushing beast. You mentioned the UA all star game, but if you go and watch the game everything I said in my post was true. Just about all of his sacks in the UA game were the benefit of having the future #1 overall pick playing on the other side of him, being a coverage sack, or not getting blocked. Go watch the highlights and you'll see what I am talking about. I see where you didn't respond to where he got the majority of sacks in HS against 195 lb tackles trying to block him. Again, go to the film, watch it, digest it, and you'll see plain as day. Tape doesn't lie my friend.

You say the scheme held him back and that's why he only had 15 sacks (and yes Relly I played HS ball, college ball, and coached college ball as well. So I know what the difference is in defensive schemes) However I noticed you left out a response to where the scheme had him in position to make 10-15 other sacks and he MISSED. I also noticed you missed where I said in my opening sentence that, "was he a 285 lb DE...probably not." Again i'm not sure you're comprehending what you're reading.

I also noticed where you didn't have a response to where he couldn't get off blocks very well. Again he has had the same problem in HS, UA game, college, and he will have a very hard time in the league.

I'm not calling Golden the coach of the decade, but please, name for me 3 players since 2011 that we "misused" at UM and went on to do great things in the league. The fact that this past draft was the first class that had all 4 years under Golden and we've had the most draft picks in a very long time should tell you that, no matter your hatred for AG, we are developing and giving the NFL something to use.
[MENTION=11362]Fawk_U Haters[/MENTION]:
by your response, I'm not sure about your reading comprehension (no shade)

I carefully outlined why Chick, AQM, Harris, Jackson, and Thomas are not getting to the QB. I carefully outlined why a read and react defense will not allow for D-Linemen to get to the QB. I also touched on how Miami, as a team, has been in the bottom 3rd in sacks since Golden's arrival. If you watched any of the past practices, the D-Lineman have been taught to engage and hold; not to engage and disengage (which would explain him "not" being able to get off of blocks). What we've seen from every single d-lineman thus far has been to engage and hold the line of scrimmage.

I firmly believe, regardless of what you think, that Chick would've been a very solid pass rusher under a different coaching staff. His performance at the Sr. Bowl is what got him drafted and the questions came about, what happend to him at UM.

You can have your opinion on him, but again it's not a coincidence that when he's been coached up by other personnel, his ability to get to the QB was on display.

how many guys have a great senior bowl and go on to be all pro's? its was basically a pick up game.

Advertisement
Didn't Peyton Manning stink all through his career at Tennessee and then put in an all-world Senior Bowl performance? Yeah, that's the ticket. :RK5I6FxwJLgEV5J6.jp

Advertisement
Back