Anthony Chikillo Post

The Dude

Junior
Capture.jpg

I'll leave this here. Discuss.

Advertisement
I don't think anyone has mentioned that he was playing too heavy yet. Has anyone considered that he might have been mis used?

I don't think anyone has mentioned that he was playing too heavy yet. Has anyone considered that he might have been mis used?

That impossible. Al is smartest mother in the room. EVERYTHING he thinks says and does is the way, the light and the true. Just ask him.

Looking at him in the UA Bowl next to Clowney, and winning the MVP for the game, and comparing that to what he was here can only be one thing: misuse of the player. You don't go from looking more dominant than the consensus #1 overall recruit and draft pick, to his pedestrian career at Miami.

Misused is an understatement. Too heavy and played out of position.

Wow!

He's playing 30 pounds lighted in the NFL?!!?

It will be interesting to watch his career.

Gotta believe Golden & D'Onofrio will be conflicted about Chickilo's success:

Want him to do well, because they can claim some credit for his development and they probably like him.

But, it will be hard to see him doing well playing the exact opposite of the way they used him and thought he would be most successful.

Advertisement
Kind of crazy that a bunch of fans on here though the should gain MORE weight and was a "natural DT" due to lack of explosion.

Meanwhile the Blitzburgh ****** Steelers thought he was explosive enough to draft him as an OLB.

Advertisement
He's trying to promote himself. I don't blame him. He's going to keep saying stuff like that until he gets an opportunity to prove himself on the field. He knows that he was average at UM. He has a good argument, and I think all the people that matter understand his gripe. He needs to keep the shots to a minimum because he might get the reputation of being a regularly disgruntled guy. I hope he finds a role on that defense. He has the potential of being a long time pro. He has the toughness and work ethic for it.

He needs to stop badmouthing our staff. Get with the U or get run over by the U.

Are you satisfied with the product? If one is unsatisfied with a product or service it would be a disservice to the entity and other customers not to express your opinion.

We've known this from day 1. He should of played between 240-250 while here. If any of you actually filled recruiting you would see how explosive he was in HS.

Advertisement
We've known this from day 1. He should of played between 240-250 while here. If any of you actually filled recruiting you would see how explosive he was in HS.

D'No is chewing you out right now for challenging his philosophy. Bigger is better.

I have to put this on Chick. He gained the Freshman 50 and never worked hard enough to drop the weight. I'm sure Coach Golden told him to drop the weight as it wasn't healthy for him to carry that extra weight and Chick refused. Now that Chick no longer has a meal card and training table, his weight has gone down to his natural weight. I'm happy for Chick that he now has his weight under control as it will add to his longevity.

Advertisement
Not really news. He was asked to gain weight to fill a role that wasn't ideal for him based on perceived team need. Now he has the opportunity to thin out and go for it at the next level. Hope he does well.

Not really news. He was asked to gain weight to fill a role that wasn't ideal for him based on perceived team need. Now he has the opportunity to thin out and go for it at the next level. Hope he does well.

I think it adds to the evidence that the players didn't/don't trust the coaches.

Misuse / Too heavy at Miami aside - I wonder if this is almost too light for an NFL DE?

Isn't 253 more the weight of an NFL linebacker?

They were running a 3-4 defense what position was he going to play at 250? Definitely wasn't going to play over the outside linebackers we had, Couldn't cover the receivers. At the end of the day chickillo had 15 sacks in his career at the U and was far more productive than a lot of dlineman including the de Mario Edwards from fsu who was taken in the 2nd round. Quit blaming everyone else for why he didn't get drafted higher.

Advertisement
Back