Anthony Chikillo Post

Advertisement
If the Pittsburgh Steelers want him as an OLB, perhaps he should've been one at Miami.

i dont know if i can blame this on the staff completely. i know they have the Penn St philosophy but they have also encouraged guys to slim down. Recently they wanted AQM to slim down. dp looked a little too big to me but it didnt stop him from producing. i think the bigger problem was franklin didnt teach the lineman any moves.

i dont know if i can blame this on the staff completely. i know they have the Penn St philosophy but they have also encouraged guys to slim down. Recently they wanted AQM to slim down. dp looked a little too big to me but it didnt stop him from producing. i think the bigger problem was franklin didnt teach the lineman any moves.

This, Franklin may be "cooler" than Melvin but it is night and day in terms of what the dlineman is now being taught

If the Pittsburgh Steelers want him as an OLB, perhaps he should've been one at Miami.

James Harrison was an outside linebacker in the Steelers defense and he always rushed the passer. It just depends, a 3-4 olb is different from a 4-3 olb

Advertisement
Definitely wasn't going to play over the outside linebackers we had, Couldn't cover the receivers.

The OLBs we had, couldn't cover WRs either.

True enough but all will be playing on Sunday's(grace, Kirby, armbrister, McCord) so they know how to do a little something in coverage. Look I hope chickillo succeeds I have no problem with him I'm just tired of all this sh*t coming out of the program, it's bad enough golden and donofrio are still here when we have had 2 straight seasons where we have lossed our last 4 games in the season each year

Last edited:
We've known this from day 1. He should of played between 240-250 while here. If any of you actually filled recruiting you would see how explosive he was in HS.

Exactly...same thing will be said about Chad Thomas in a couple years if Folden and No D don't get gone soon.

Advertisement
Definitely wasn't going to play over the outside linebackers we had, Couldn't cover the receivers.

The OLBs we had, couldn't cover WRs either.

True enough but all will be playing on Sunday's(grace, Kirby, armbrister, McCord) so they know how to do a little something in coverage. Look I hope chickillo succeeds I have no problem with him I'm just tired of all this sh*t coming out of the program, it's bad enough golden and donofrio are still here when we have had 2 straight seasons where we have losses our last 4 games in the season each year

they will be drafted on measurables and upside. Armbrister may or may not make a final roster so will see. not to mention he and mccord are hard to watch in coverage. a 3-4 olb should rarely be asked to cover anything but maybe the flats. the 3-4 we run at Miami is so outdated and basic. chick could have been used outside in exotic blitz packages but we never use them

They were running a 3-4 defense what position was he going to play at 250? Definitely wasn't going to play over the outside linebackers we had, Couldn't cover the receivers. At the end of the day chickillo had 15 sacks in his career at the U and was far more productive than a lot of dlineman including the de Mario Edwards from fsu who was taken in the 2nd round. Quit blaming everyone else for why he didn't get drafted higher.

What a foolish argument.

First of all, saying we played a 3-4 is dumb because that means that they were so deadest on running it that they ignored the talents and skills of the players regarding which scheme they fit the best. He would have been a better 4-3 250 pound DE than 3-4 280 pound DE and if the staff had the ability to coach another scheme that would have manifested.

He wasn't going to play over the OLB's because he can't cover the slot receivers? This stupid scheme asks him and Shayon Green's to cover slot receivers anyway so what's you point? And our OLB's can't cover slot receivers either so what's the difference you're trying to paint?

Your Mario Edwards comparison is just dumb. Edwards played 3 years and had similar stats to Chickilo's 4 years. Also Chickilo produced while being in the incorrect position whereas Edwards, a much more natural 3-4 DE who came in weighing 275+, fit the scheme much more appropriately. And if you're trying to imply that Chickilo is somehow more productive and better than Edwards, why did Edwards get drafted higher?

How about you quit flying in every chance you get to try and protect the staff and then pretending you aren't doing exactly that? How does it make sense that you say he was somehow better/more productive than Edwards but wasn't drafted as high because of his own doing but nobody else's? It's almost like the NFL knew one player fit a scheme better than the other player who had played out of position for so long. What a novel idea. Stop making excuses up and down.

Last edited:
He needs to stop badmouthing our staff. Get with the U or get run over by the U.

Are you satisfied with the product? If one is unsatisfied with a product or service it would be a disservice to the entity and other customers not to express your opinion.

My dissatisfied with Golden. I'm also dissatisfied with Chickillo cause he was terrible while here. When he doesn't do anything in the pros also, I hope everyone that continues to talk about misuse comes back and says "maybe he just wasn't that good".

They were running a 3-4 defense what position was he going to play at 250? Definitely wasn't going to play over the outside linebackers we had, Couldn't cover the receivers. At the end of the day chickillo had 15 sacks in his career at the U and was far more productive than a lot of dlineman including the de Mario Edwards from fsu who was taken in the 2nd round. Quit blaming everyone else for why he didn't get drafted higher.

What a foolish argument.

First of all, saying we played a 3-4 is dumb because that means that they were so deadest on running it that they ignored the talents and skills of the players regarding which scheme they fit the best. He would have been a better 4-3 250 pound DE than 3-4 280 pound DE and if the staff had the ability to coach another scheme that would have manifested.

He wasn't going to play over the OLB because he can't cover the slot receivers. This stupid scheme asks him and Shayon Green's to cover slot receivers anyway so what's you point? And our OLB can't cover slot receivers either so what's the difference you're trying to paint?

Your Mario Edwards comparison is just dumb. Edwards played 3 years and had similar stats to Chickilo's 4 years. Also Chickilo produced while being in the incorrect position whereas Edwards, a much more natural 3-4 DE who came in weighing 275+ fit the scheme much more appropriately. And if you're trying to imply that Chickilo is somehow more productive and better than Edwards, why did Edwards get drafted higher?

How about you quit flying in every chance you get to try and protect the staff and then pretending you aren't doing exactly that? How does it make sense that you say he was somehow better/more productive than Edwards but wasn't drafted as high because of his own doing but nobody else's? It's almost like the NFL knew one player fit a scheme better than the other player who had played out of position for so long. What a novel idea. Stop making excuses up and down.

First off in not a fan of the temple contingent who have no business being here but I do like coach Harris, Kehoe, beard, brown, coley and Scott..I'm just tired of constant whining from chickillo... We get the point you played overweight at the U and the coaches didn't play to your needs. Don't need to continue to say it over and over again though....

Advertisement
He needs to stop badmouthing our staff. Get with the U or get run over by the U.

Are you satisfied with the product? If one is unsatisfied with a product or service it would be a disservice to the entity and other customers not to express your opinion.

My dissatisfied with Golden. I'm also dissatisfied with Chickillo cause he was terrible while here. When he doesn't do anything in the pros also, I hope everyone that continues to talk about misuse comes back and says "maybe he just wasn't that good".

Chickillo was terrible here because he was fat. Sloppy fat. At the behest of the coaches.

You cant compare what someone does in the NFL as a barometer of college success.

We'll never know how good he could've been because our fat coaches were cramming Big Cheese garlic knots down his throat.

What a foolish argument.

He wasn't going to play over the OLB because he can't cover the slot receivers. This stupid scheme asks him and Shayon Green's to cover slot receivers anyway so what's you point? And our OLB can't cover slot receivers either so what's the difference you're trying to paint?

Your Mario Edwards comparison is just dumb. Edwards played 3 years and had similar stats to Chickilo's 4 years. Also Chickilo produced while being in the incorrect position whereas Edwards, a much more natural 3-4 DE who came in weighing 275+ fit the scheme much more appropriately. And if you're trying to imply that Chickilo is somehow more productive and better than Edwards, why did Edwards get drafted higher?

First off in not a fan of the temple contingent who have no business being here but I do like coach Harris, Kehoe, beard, brown, coley and Scott..I'm just tired of constant whining from chickillo... We get the point you played overweight at the U and the coaches didn't play to your needs. Don't need to continue to say it over and over again though....

See my bolded phrase for any further questions.

I like that part of the staff too sans Coley who has shown me nothing as a playcaller to feel otherwise.

Let's think of it from Chickilo's perspective. He came to his father's alma mater and was told by the coaching staff to put on weight and play in a way that he was unaccustomed too and that damaged his draft stock. These same coaches have later issued statements that vaguely blame you and your teammates for the team's failures. As soon as you left school and lost weight and went to Senior games, your draft stock improved dramatically. The difference between where he was actually drafted and could have been drafted had he been used correctly translates to millions of dollars. Wouldn't you be a tad bit irritated?

Advertisement

What a foolish argument.

i think he's only said it twice, at least publicly. is two times too many?

Golden could enthusiastically tell you the weight of any player on the roster off the top of his head, but would stare at you dumbfounded if questioned about their speed and agility numbers. His archaically outdated, early '90s Penn State philosophy of weight over everything is foolish for any program in 2015, but especially one with this recruiting base.

This ******* has turned a program once synonymous with speed and explosion into one of the slowest rosters in the ACC. It's not just a result of fattening up someone like Chickillo roughly 20-30 pounds above their optimal playing weight to fit a square peg into a round hole due to stubbornness about their defensive philosophy.

It's also not pursuing certain undersized ballers because of a criminal neglect of speed as the head coach at Miami of all places. Never offering Isaiah McKenzie. Never pursuing Jalen Julius. Supposedly pushing out Dexter Williams (according to this board's insiders) in an attempt to lock up Scarlett, which predictably blew up in their faces. And now we hear in Golden's fifth year that he tells a kid like Trajan Bandy he needs to grow another inch to get an offer.

Chickillo's right. Football is supposed to be about explosiveness, power, and quickness. That should always be the line of thinking for any coach at this program. It's just unfortunate that Chickillo found out by learning what it's not supposed to be about by playing under Golden for four years.

if you dont think Al didnt know he was being misused your dumb. Al used him where he was needed. In the middle and on the end occasionally. Miamis tackle situation will be better this year.

Advertisement
Back